Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2013, 22:05   #1
BHPian

CNG Compliance Plate: Soon Mandatory for all CNG Vehicles

Hello CNG Users,

Tried searching the forums if this has been discussed earlier, but couldn't find anything - so starting a new topic - Mods please merge this if one already exists.

From 1st June, CNG Pump distributors in Delhi/NCR would stop dispensing fuel unless we have a CNG Compliant Plate installed on our vehicle.
I just got mine done from nearest MASS(from where I got the kit installed) and costed me Rs500/-
Sample Image is -

CNG Compliance Plate: Soon Mandatory for all CNG Vehicles-_reu8nan36g6eopgkhb8q68e855lh_25vor9sbppmiu.jpg

http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...ha-gas-limited

One more useless good for nothing expense for our government
ptaneja is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th May 2013, 22:13   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: CNG Compliance Plate: Soon Mandatory for all CNG Vehicles

I heard this on Radio yesterday and was wondering how many people are aware of this, and whether or not this will be enforced. I guess we all know the answer.

My take is that the official date will shift by a quarter...at least !
Old 20th May 2013, 22:27   #3
BHPian

Thanks Eddy for moving this to correct section !
And I was apprehensive about it's enforcement too - but when I heard CNG operators asking about this couple of times in a week, I was prepared to get over it when it's not in a rush, rather than running at the last moment.
Old 20th May 2013, 22:45   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Hello CNG Users,

Tried searching the forums if this has been discussed earlier, but couldn't find anything - so starting a new topic - Mods please merge this if one already exists.

From 1st June, CNG Pump distributors in Delhi/NCR would stop dispensing fuel unless we have a CNG Compliant Plate installed on our vehicle.
I just got mine done from nearest MASS(from where I got the kit installed) and costed me Rs500/-
Sample Image is -

I am guessing that only retrofitted car owners need to worry on this. My co. fitted car is now two and a half years old, but I need to see where that plate is. On the cylinder?
Old 20th May 2013, 23:25   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumSunset View Post
I am guessing that only retrofitted car owners need to worry on this. My co. fitted car is now two and a half years old, but I need to see where that plate is. On the cylinder?
In the case of Maruti (Company fitted , not dealer fitted) they will come on the rear quarter panel of the car. In case of other cars , it can be in the engine bay as well.

I have a Hyundai Accent with dealer fitted kit and do not have the compliance plate so probably will have to get this fitted this weekend

@ptaneja : Did you notice the pamphlets being distributed by the CNG gas operators to the car owners ? I guess they are serious this time
Old 20th May 2013, 23:57   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumSunset View Post
No, this plate has to be present near the refilling point where it's visible to the guy filling the CNG - and yes it is true only for retrofitted vehicles.

The cylinder only has the manufacturing date/year, based on which date is engraved on the plate.

Unfortunately, i'll have to get my Swift undergo a hydro test, get a valid certificate that would be valid for next 3/5 years, and then get the plate installed.
Old 21st May 2013, 03:10   #7
BANNED

A lot of pumps in my area don't dispense CNG without these even for the last year or so. And they have a notice to that effect stuck on their pumps.
Old 21st May 2013, 08:51   #8
Senior - BHPian

I got it done from government authorised CNG figment centre near my home, Costed me 300/-.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2013, 11:58   #9
BHPian

One more important piece of information - I was sick and tired of getting Pollution Certificates every 3 months costing 90rs, but recently came across an option wherein we can get a certificate for a whole year for 200rs - much better option !
The above is true for Delhi/NCR - unaware about other places.
Old 21st May 2013, 12:09   #10
BHPian

What is the purpose of a CNG compliance plate?

No CNG in kerala so was just wondering what all the fuss is about. Is it some form of pollution norm?
Old 21st May 2013, 12:13   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
What is the purpose of a CNG compliance plate?

No CNG in kerala so was just wondering what all the fuss is about. Is it some form of pollution norm?
It's "supposed" to curb down illegal CNG kits which have not been endorsed in RC (because you can't get this plate unless the kit is present in RC) ...
ptaneja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2013, 12:17   #12
BHPian

Quote:
One more important piece of information - I was sick and tired of getting Pollution Certificates every 3 months costing 90rs, but recently came across an option wherein we can get a certificate for a whole year for 200rs - much better option !
The above is true for Delhi/NCR - unaware about other places.

Can you please advise the place to get annual certification for pollution under control?

Cheers!
Irish
Old 21st May 2013, 13:32   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Can you please advise the place to get annual certification for pollution under control?

Cheers!
Irish
No specific place to get this done - normal Pollution Check booth at a petrol pump - if he has this option available then it's for sure present in rest of pumps as well.

But the annual cert is true only for BS4 cars - registered after 1st April 2010.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-...1-1014046.aspx
Old 21st May 2013, 16:10   #14
Senior - BHPian

Re: CNG Compliance Plate: Soon Mandatory for all CNG Vehicles

Quote:
Hello CNG Users,

Sample Image is -

Attachment 1085927

I got mine for Rs.300/-.

But, it is not useless, as at present none provides any warranty on the CNG Kit. I believe MS provides warranty for the CNG vehicle same a normal petrol car, not the kit if I have understood the same correctly. But, now on all will be providing the same courtesy a decision taken on Thursday by Road Transport & Highways Ministry.

More details in below link:

http://www.rushlane.com/car-makers-t...y-1278989.html

This plate will be the medium of doing so & weed out the unathorised kits. The CNG kit registration plate in case of third party kits are attached on the chassis next to plate with the vehicle VIN No. etc. For company fitted kits, where the filling nozzle is placed next to the petrol tank mouth the plate is on the body, where the pump attendant can see the same at the time of filling. Hope this helps.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 21st May 2013 at 16:15.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2013, 17:01   #15
BHPian

Re: CNG Compliance Plate: Soon Mandatory for all CNG Vehicles

Quote:
... One more useless good for nothing expense for our government
I need to remove the plate where it is fit on the car and keep it safe. In a country where the logos are stolen from the car, any thing of value stuck outside needs good preservation!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks