Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2013, 01:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra Verito Vibe : Launched @ Rs. 5.63 - 6.49 lakhs

The pics fooled us. Its its not really a hatchback after all.

Its a sedan with the world's shortest trunk lid LOL !!!

Although this has some cost benefits, it completes eliminates the possibility of folding the rear seat and converting your hatch into a spacious cargo carrier for hauling stuff. Maruti 800 can beat the Vibe in this regard & is completely at odds with its utilitarian image.

Last edited by Mpower : 9th August 2013 at 22:31.
Mpower is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 02:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

If I was Anand Mahindra, I would run to the loneliest place on this planet and hide there till people get amnesia about Mahindra's latest some escapades.

64 bhp and 16 kgm torque in a car weighing 1155 kgs, what were they thinking ? I think Mahindra have lost all hope with trying to get private passenger orders and have solely focused on appeasing the taxi market, very detrimental to the brand value. Even the ARAI efficiency of 20.1 kmpl is nothing to write home about. The price factor too does not help as its not cheap cheap.

I tried listing one thing this car has that would make someone buy it and all that the brain returned fire with is "nothing at all blud, move on"

This will fade away in a week or twos time, a super half hearted attempt.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 02:45   #18
BHPian

The only realistic target for M&M Vibe would the taxi-wallahas. It might sound harsh but when you look at the options available for a prospective customer at this price point like Swift, Polo, Ritz, Liva, i20, Sail, Micra, Punto, Pulse, Vista plus the low end models of Amaze and Dzire i cannot see too many individual buyers buying this ugly contraption. Again i am sorry if it sounds harsh but it simply does not cut it neither aesthetically nor proportionally.

Last edited by needforspeed88 : 6th June 2013 at 02:46.
Old 6th June 2013, 03:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

All those who complain there's nothing new or innovative about this car, please note:

It is the first recent Mahindra product with a name that does not end with an 'O'.

That should count for something - think of how much worse a Vibeo would've been.

Last edited by Steeroid : 6th June 2013 at 03:30.
Steeroid is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 06:31   #20
BHPian

The looks are retro and not bad actually, especially the rear (subjective). Moreover the space and comfort part of the Verito / Logan are still intact - making it a good value proposition.

I am not saying it will sell hot cakes, but should definitely outsell pulse/micra which run the same engine options. The top end on road in Mumbai will be around 7.7-7.8L, which again is not high compared to say the Swift or i20 or Polo top ends OTR in Mumbai, this one matches with the Ritz (and thats how where I see the notchback positioned as well).
Old 6th June 2013, 06:57   #21
Senior - BHPian

Like said by many, I have a feeling it will be received will by Taxi people. I am trying to find a type of family for which they would need this type of vehicle. It is difficult to get one.

But nevertheless, Mahindra has as usual crated a new segment of vehicle. I guess we have the World's first Four door hatchback. Or should I say semi-hatchback
Old 6th June 2013, 07:30   #22
BHPian

Really sad to see Mahindra coming out with something like this after they came up with the awesome XUV.

This car does not look good on the outside, neither on the inside, and it isn't well equipped either! I don't know how Mahindra could get their hopes up that private customers would actually want to buy this thing.

And the rear trunk lid thing is just plain silly.
Old 6th June 2013, 07:55   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
It is the first recent Mahindra product with a name that does not end with an 'O'.
Sir please note that its Verit'o' Vibe.
EFF-EIGHT-BEE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 08:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

@Parrys. Thanks for the thread and the pics.

So M&M thought "lets continue the failure we had with Verito and lets introduce Vibe". Thats not a positive vibe. Slicing the boot of the sedan and trying to sell it as hatchback isnt going to work unless the car has some serious USP not found in the segment. Check the link where M&M says the USP of the car is handling which is descended from Verito the sedan. When was Verito ever included in the handling cars segment?

http://www.mahindraverito.com/vibe/w...it-unique.aspx

Bottle holder right in front of the control fascia? How erognomic consideration.

Waiting for a detailed T-BHP test drive.
Old 6th June 2013, 09:07   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw a Vibe enroute to office yesterday. Primarily owing to its larger-than-life size (and subsequent utility) compared to other hatches, I expect this to sell well. India has repeatedly proven itself to be a market that choses function over form, and with the Vibe, Mahindra seems to have covered the entire market from volume hatches to premium SUV quite efficiently- much to the discomfort of its rivals, I'd imagine.
theMAG is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 09:20   #26
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Unlike most here, I actually like the quirky design. I have a feeling this will do really well in smaller cities. For people looking for workhorses to do their daily grind, this is a good vehicle. Going by the existing Verito, its built tough (to last), has a boot and takes less space to park. Nice.

And of course, definitely not for boy racers, it was never built for them. I don't understand why some folk expected some WRC spec car here!

Last edited by NIP : 6th June 2013 at 09:22.
NIP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 09:35   #27
BHPian

Thanks for the preview, the cars has "no nonsense" "praticality" written all over. I am sure it will sale in decent numbers , 1.5K-2K/month on a proven and well leveraged paltform with paltry investment of 60Cr would likely to prove a well thought strategy. The Vista/Figo/IndigoCS would be hit by this induction.

I am wondering on the final launch planned on this platform, is it the mini-SUV aka Sandero?

Quote:
The platform used for the Vibe still belongs to Renault, although M&M did have the option of buying it out from Renault when they acquired the Logan brand. There will be 1 more launch on this platform sometime next year. There are still a couple of years left before this synergy between Renault & M&M ends.
Old 6th June 2013, 09:40   #28
BHPian

Almost a perfect diesel commuter car for day to day runs. Vibe beats Vista in terms of boot space, if you can live with a slightly tricky luggage loading. But in our country, we are good at living with such inconveniences, when we get a reliable cheap to run car.

And i quite like the way this car looks. I like everything 80s

Last edited by WindRide : 6th June 2013 at 09:41.
WindRide is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 09:49   #29
BHPian

I haven't seen the car in person, so I won't comment on this styling - which looks like it might be more palatable if seen in person.

But the logan/verito have always been very interesting cars- cars which are able to take a lot more than swifts etc. Hopefully the product is well engineered - because the pricing is very ambitious.

Mahindra focussing on the taxi segment is not such a bad idea.
Old 6th June 2013, 10:33   #30
BHPian

Is it just me or what? The side profile and rear look like a weird combination of Vista and Figo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks