Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2013, 10:53   #31
BANNED

Re: Mahindra Verito Vibe : Launched @ Rs. 5.63 - 6.49 lakhs

It is smaller than a compact sedan and a hatch whose hatch is fixed.
I am still thinking what is it !
Old 6th June 2013, 11:08   #32
BHPian

Mahindra's main market is the hinterlands, where the Bolero sales have repeatedly befuddled experts and observers alike.
When we see cars we often do it with an urban sophisticated perspective and by mistake overlook the Tier 2 & 3 city buyer's point of view.

What we have here is a Mahindra small car. Mahindra is a time tested name, from Boleros to Scorpios to even the tractors on the field.
The car has decent space, looks sturdy enough to handle the bad roads in the non urban regions, has a time tested engine (specifications be damned, the very fact that this is a Mahindra diesel is good enough credo) decent enough features to pass for a true car, and bright colours.
This car can do real good in this segment and for good reasons. The Indica has been failing, the new Alto does not have diesel option and other fancy cars really do not make much of a dent in this market segment because they do not have the reach. Mahindra has a good spread of network, after sales servicing etc in the non urban regions given their commercial vehicles and Bolero reach. Just as we in the metros are used to having a Maruti service center in our vicinity, these regions have a Mahindra all in one outlet in theirs.

i think the very fact that Mahinda has launched only diesel version is proof enough that they are conscious that this car will not appeal to the petrolhead elites.

This car can do volumes if targeted properly and Mahindra knows it. It will not excite us in teambhp, but can excite enough buyers to make the day for Mahindra.

Last edited by amitayu : 6th June 2013 at 11:11. Reason: typos
amitayu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 11:15   #33
BHPian

The design is all wrong, the price is all wrong and the vibe is all wrong too.

A poorly thought and ill executed idea leaving a bitter taste in the mouth. Can not believed the guys who gave us the bolero, Scorpio and the XUV come out with this atrocity.

This is a launch just for the sake of a launch. There is no cohesive plan here. Alas Mahindra wants to go the TATA way. SAD
Old 6th June 2013, 12:21   #34
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 6th June 2013 at 12:51.
anurag.somani is offline   Received Infraction
Old 6th June 2013, 12:34   #35
BHPian

Petrol heads and Diesel heads () in team-bhp will be against this car.
But the aam janta wants a car which is spacious, proven engine, gives mileage, easy maintanence (more no. of ASC), accomodate 5 with comfort.
Vibe ticks it all.

They were not botherred about looks, dynamics, power, etc..

Vibe will score more in rural and semi-urban region and also will be a hit in Taxi segment for sure.
Old 6th June 2013, 13:16   #36
Senior - BHPian

Awfully overpriced! A classic case of what were they thinking? For the price of base Vibe you get a fully loaded Indica Vista VX which has better engine, is almost as spacious, comes with higher equipment levels, better interiors and a lot more. Destined to fail.
extreme_torque is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 13:23   #37
BHPian

My sense is that this is priced too close to the Honda Amaze to work. There is a sub 40k difference between the Vibe and the basic Amaze Diesel, which is a sedan, has better brand value and doesn't have the taxi badge the Verito has (and the Vibe is likely to share).
Old 6th June 2013, 14:17   #38
BHPian

Reminds me of Ford Focus from Rear. Decades old design of Lines and Squarish Head lights. LED for Tail lights is superb approach. Hope Mahindra will extend it to Tail /Break Light +Turn indicators and offer on other vehicles as well.

Mahindra Verito Vibe : Launched @ Rs. 5.63 - 6.49 lakhs-fff.jpg
Old 6th June 2013, 15:54   #39
Senior - BHPian

Good first hand report. Clears almost all doubts about the car. Overall package is good but not that great if you consider pricing. I guess Mahindra has priced it on higher side. Base model i was expecting at 4.99 L ex showroom. May be they need to pay high on royalty still.

Overall i liked the design of the car, specially rear. It looks good IMO. If i would have been in designers place, i would have changed front significantly to differentiate it from Verito. Change front lamps, grill & bonnet. It will give totally new looks to the car. It would have looked much better. Also they should have increased the power output to say 80 BHP. It would have made it much much better package. & yes, off course, change the way boot opens. Make glass area fixed to rear gate & open the whole thing together. Then boot space would have been used in much better way.

Finally, each time i see new launches, i ask this question to myself. "Will i buy this car to myself ???" The answer is NO. Every time pricing of other cars newly launched, i see how VFM Ertiga is. I know this is stupid comparison, but at that price Maruti gives you so much, you just cant beat that

Last edited by aniketi : 6th June 2013 at 15:57.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 16:40   #40
BHPian

Now forget Amaze, Vista D90 also looks super VFM in comparison. We should also not forget Sail Hatch. If somebody wants Diesel hatch with a.) Good engine b.)Good back-seat comfort c.)Usable boot, Sail Hatch is far better option. Sail's look is also batter (being more neutral).

This segment is the most competitive in overall Indian auto industry. almost all companies have their presence here.

IMHO It would be an achievement for Mahindra if this car consistently maintains four digit sales numbers.

In another news, Mahindra confirms Verito "EV" launch. This car should have been named as Verito "E.T". for its looks.
Old 6th June 2013, 19:49   #41
BHPian

Somehow the car looks relatively better than the test mules. Infact, considering the low investment M&M has done a decent job.
However I have a feeling M&M has got the pricing wrong. When the pricing only slightly lower to Amaze and DZire noway they are going to attract private buyers. This might take some of Indigo eCS' sales though. Tata's troubles are mounting even before they start their Diwali refresh.

Last edited by pacman2881 : 6th June 2013 at 19:52.
Old 6th June 2013, 20:42   #42
BHPian

it is a different looking car. Reminds me of the days when straight lines were the norm. I feel adding a spoiler should give it a really nice look.
Old 6th June 2013, 21:42   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
All those who complain there's nothing new or innovative about this car, please note:

It is the first recent Mahindra product with a name that does not end with an 'O'.

That should count for something - think of how much worse a Vibeo would've been.
It is quite possible that Mahindra may have wanted to name it "VIBO" as an acronym for Very Innovative Boot Outlet () and also, keeping in mind its fondness for the "O". But someone somewhere down the line may have mistook the "O" for an "E" and printed the name "VIBE".

In any case, the VIBE now stands for Very Idiotic Boot Entry/exit!

Last edited by misquitas : 6th June 2013 at 21:53.
misquitas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 22:01   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
The scorpio cost 500 crores.much less than 1700 crores spent by tata on indica...
I thought Indica wouldn't have attracted investment not more than 800 to 900 crores. Hyundai Santro had equal investment during late 90s.
Going by the way Tata chooses plant and machinery it should be cheaper than Hyundai.

Quote:
They are very agile and very good at execution.

They dont have too much money to spare right now nor the experience to create a hatch/sedan ..
Theyre selling enough without any major investment.widening the mahindra brand to all segments of vehicles.gaining valuable feedback/experience to build their own platform later, like they came up with the xuv.

This is a major difference between Tata and M and M.

Tata has grand visions,poor execution.
Quote:
Slowly Mahindra and Mahindra is working towards building all kinds of vehicles, two wheelers,autoricks,agricultural vehicles and machines,lcv, heavy commercial vehicles, buses, electric vehicles,power backup engines,, industrial engines., hatches,sedans,compact suv,muv,suv, luxury suv.
Here is what Mahindra is making mistake. Each segment has its own buyers preference and its too much for Mahindra to study all of them right now.
Result is new businesses like commercial vehicles, 2 wheelers, construction vehicles are not doing good.
When Mahindra came with their trucks, they marketed it like a passenger car. A full page add in Economic Times, Hindu announcing their arrival. This never attracted buyers and their marketing never touched the roots of CV buyers buying pattern. Mahindra is yet to touch 4 digit monthly sale and Bharat Benz have comfortably overtook them in less than 8 months of launch.

Similarly when they launched motor cycles, Aamir Khan endorsed them. He alone costed 10% of the entire project cost. If this was invested in project, it may have successfully. With just 10k to 11k sales Mahindra is almost washed out in 2 wheeler business.
So instead of going places just for sake , Mahindra should take time understand properly the businesses and then enter. Otherwise people like me sitting with empty hands will be criticizing :(
Ashley2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 22:40   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post

So instead of going places just for sake , Mahindra should take time understand properly the businesses and then enter. Otherwise people like me sitting with empty hands will be criticizing :(
Bharat Benz is a leader in CV with an international lineage.even Tata motors cv division is having a tough time right now.

M and M has bought the distressed 2 wheeler business of erstwhile kinetic. Distressed luxury SUV maker ssangyong.India's leading electric vehicle manufacturer.And even getting into the defence industry. Theyre growing rapidly but efficiently.of course some pains will be there.

It has brought M and M into the big leagues.
They are earning their bread efficiently with meagre resources.

Learning by doing.quick to react to market changes. Theyve only gone from strength to strength.

I could not have imagined a mahindra sedan/hatch/bike/luxury SUV when i started following them from the Armada days.

But here they are, putting the indian 'jugaad' strategy to gatecrash new market segments.

If you are in the suburbs. With only tata/maruti/hyundai/mahindra dealerships near you. Brand snobbery doesnt matter. Space to squeeze in 6 adults in a hatch. Cheap and easily available service.proven, reliable,frugal engine.And regular discount offers upto 40 -50k
come up for the verito.they will come up for the vibe as well (considering it is priced ambitiously).
And the chance to own a 'verito sedan' (albeit with a chopped boot) at a cheaper cost than before with a definetly eyecatching 'new design'.

Then the verito/vibe does start making sense

Yes in the interiors the 'Renolt' car carries more prestige than tata cars. Barring the Manza.

And just 60 crores spent to enter into the largest car segment in India.Not bad at all. They have to sell much lesser cars to turn a profit.

Unlike Tata who has pumped 5000 crores into the nano project with ambitions to sell 2 lakh nanos a year!

Last edited by drsingh : 6th June 2013 at 22:55.
drsingh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks