Team-BHP - SCOOP: Ssangyong Rodius spotted in Mumbai
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   SCOOP: Ssangyong Rodius spotted in Mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/137305-scoop-ssangyong-rodius-spotted-mumbai.html)

A friend spotted this undisguised Ssangyong Rodius in Kandivali, Mumbai. It had temporary MH registration. The previous generation Rodius was a styling disaster. I am glad this one looks better, though a bit boxy. Any news of Mahindra launching the Rodius anytime soon?

MODS: Please merge this thread if a similar thread exists.

SCOOP: Ssangyong Rodius spotted in Mumbai-600514_10201311811698850_15635462_n.jpg

SCOOP: Ssangyong Rodius spotted in Mumbai-943316_10201311812338866_189282956_n.jpg

SCOOP: Ssangyong Rodius spotted in Mumbai-972317_10201311810818828_1356303134_n.jpg

Watermarked the pics. Thanks for sharing the scoop with us.

Also called Korando Turismo, this vehicle is an interesting mix between proper Large MPV and AWD Crossover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2h40WepUUs

SCOOP: Ssangyong Rodius spotted in Mumbai-screenshot_20130205221044.png
Mr. Mahindra's tweet

Oh no, completely missed it:Shockked:
Couldn't believe myself that i had missed the redesign of the Rodius.
Widely acclaimed as the ugliest vehicle, when Mahindra acquired Ssangyong i was briefly enamoured with the Rodius.
Yes, in my list of automotive dark desires i somehow liked the rear of the Rodius, when everyone hated it. Looked unique, huge, whaleish, can't exactly describe it.
And now they come along and changed the unique rear into a mixture of Fortuner/Cruze/Elantra and the front into a....whateva...
Hope they launch it in India with at least one variant in the 10-15lac range. none of the Japs are going to launch a full size van/MPV citing brand value, with only the Force MPV in the horizon.
But anything more than 18-20lacs will be a gamble for Ssangyong to make.

This generation (i.e. 2nd) Rodius was revealed at the 2013 Geneva Auto show;

SCOOP: Ssangyong Rodius spotted in Mumbai-stu_5111a.jpg

The Rodius is currently powered by a 153PS 2.0-litre diesel engine which is mated to a 5-speed auto or 6-speed manual transmission.

It will be interesting to see if this will be Innova competitor or the Ertiga (i.e. if Ssangyong decide to be aggressive, which is highly unlikely)

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ge...angyong-rodius

As per Motoroids report on 6/2/2013;

Quote:

It has emerged that Mr. Anand Mahindra, the head at Mahindra & Mahindra, has tweeted that he is excited about the Korando Turismo’s potential in the Indian car market.
Source: http://motoroids.com/news/2014-ssang...aded-to-india/

11 seater!!! Really? What potential except taxi business does it have? And maybe as a vanity van for movie stars & politicians?
Not denying anything but just finding it hard to place it in the retail market for its sheer size and the potential price at which it might come.
If it comes loaded, its definitely going to go beyond the Rexton. If it comes stripped to keep the price in check, where else but taxi?

Mahindra, Welcome to ARIA !

Nice Scoop. Looks like an Aria killer(Aria is already a zombie) ... But 11 seater ? This must be massive 4 row of seating !!

M&M is gearing up for Force MPV rival already.

Question is how many people need such car for personal use ?
Also wondering if this will ever be priced south of 15 lakhs !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 3141331)
But 11 seater ? This must be massive 4 row of seating !!

The same thought made me curious, have a look;

SCOOP: Ssangyong Rodius spotted in Mumbai-2014ssangyongrodius6.jpg

Good to see travel being offered for the 2nd as well as the 3rd row :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 3141344)

Attachment 1093444

Whoa !! Access to the 4th row would be quite a task though.

I see this as the only SUV/MUV that can seat 7 or 8 people in decent comfort and also carry all their luggage. No need to hoist the luggage on to the roof. I can see why Anand Mahindra is excited about this product.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 3141344)

Attachment 1093444

There is a big market for such vehicles elsewhere as Airport cabs and maxi cabs. But such market is yet to open up in india i guess. We Indians anyway pack 11 adults in a car like Omni and for those who want space there is Force traveller(or TT)

It will be interesting to see how M&M prices it. But i strongly feel families would not require such big vehicle for personal use. Also this would make car like Innova appear perfectly sized and may boost its sales if M&M prices it more :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaviprem (Post 3141268)
Mahindra, Welcome to ARIA !

Yes , front looks like ARIA. May be due to turn indicator design.

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 3141352)
Whoa !! Access to the 4th row would be quite a task though.

They will be running a shuttle service from 2nd row to help passengerslol:

Wow! 11 seats. Any idea on the overall length?

This one looks much better when compared to the old one. SsangYong is making an effort to ditch the ugly car maker image. The new Korando looks nice as well.

If Mahindra pitches it as a "people" then I see it doing good numbers. If they want to pitch it as a Luxury MPV or something like that. I dont see there will be many takers for it. Personally Speaking, I wont pay more than Rs 12-13 lakh for this.

Wow 11 seats!!

Too long and school bus like for my liking.

Likely to be bang in the Aria territory. But in the Aria one could be a chauffer driven executive who would fold the last row seats and travel in style but here this is hardly a chauffer driven executive vehicle. They could though sell it as a proper 7/8 seater with boot space to spare unlike most other options and let people decide if the last row need remain or go. Pricing it below the Innova takes on the Xylo and this obviously is a much more expensive vehicle. Pricing it above the Innova takes it into the Aria zone and we all know that that failed for TATA. M&M will have to think long and hard of how they proposition this one for India.