Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2013, 13:02   #16
BHPian

re: Maruti Dzire becomes the best-selling car in India (May 2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
I am only saying that the figures here talk about Dzire but there is no breakup of sub-4m Dzire and the Dzire tour. So trying to guess if this is a cumulative number.

I dont think any taxi guy will purchase the compact Dzire because it is overpriced to be a taxi. But I see plenty of Dzire tour doing duty as airport taxi.
Since there is no special mention in the sales chart of May 2013 about the DZire Tour, I think this figure is a combined figure of Tour as well as normal DZire.

PS. I live in Delhi, so maybe DZire Tours are less here, or I spot less of them!
Old 10th June 2013, 19:23   #17
BHPian

Re: Maruti Dzire becomes the best-selling car in India (May 2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroop View Post
I wouldn't term it as a success of dzire, but a steeper fall of the alto...

... due to the market conditions hitting the A segment more than the C1. Inflation, recession and rising fuel prices have resulted in lower disposable income, and this has caused entry level buyers to postpone their purchase.
Agree with aroop.
  • Dzire has been hovering around the 17K / month mark for the last 5 months or so. It is the Alto sales that have dipped from the regular 25K / month mark (see last 7-8 months' sales figures) to 19K in April 2013 and a further dip to 16K in May 2013.
  • The A segment customer is the most conscious (market, budget changes, economy etc.), followed by the B Segment customer which in turn is followed by the C1 segment customer. See the dip in sales of Swift (B2 Segment) in the last 2 months.
  • Sales of Dzire has been augmented by the Dzire Tour, which has now been around in numbers, in the last 6 months, operating in the Taxi segment (mainly doing airport runs).
However, credits to the Dzire for staying put amidst trying conditions and situations!

Thanks,
C_
Coolman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 22:31   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
For the Dzire, it is tough times ahead as well since there is a formidable challenger now in the name of Amaze, ...
What challenger? See the result. Dzire scaling new heights AFTER launch of Amaze just as Alto scaled new heights AFTER launch of Eon. It is as though people paused to check out the competition and then went back to Maruti.
Old 11th June 2013, 00:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
What challenger? See the result. Dzire scaling new heights AFTER launch of Amaze just as Alto scaled new heights AFTER launch of Eon. It is as though people paused to check out the competition and then went back to Maruti.
If Honda had a capacity of building 20K Amaze's im sure the result for Dzire would have been a little different.
Honda has a capacity of 10,000 cars/month and this has to be shared between the City, Brio and Amaze.
Old 11th June 2013, 03:08   #20
BHPian

I for one think this as a fall in alto sales rather than increase in dezire's. In the name of facelift, they have totally transformed a balanced, neat looking hatch into a boxy contraption, the looks which can easily be a turn off for a lot of people. Classic case of "don't fix that ain't broken" scenario.
jayded is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2013, 19:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

There is a news in today's TOI which mentions that Honda Amaze is having waiting periods of over 4-5 months due to production constraints. If Honda manages with the production capacity I will not be surprised if Amaze surpasses Dzire's numbers but that will take some time.
Old 11th June 2013, 19:44   #22
BHPian

Glad to know Dzire is the best selling car in India. It is simply because it ticks all the right boxes whether it is the reliability, cost of ownership, comfort, effortlessness, efficiency, ride and handling. It can be easily seen and proved by the growing number of Dzires on the roads itself. It satisfies all the needs of an Indian buyer who is looking at a no-nonsense type of a car that's easy to maintain and run. Thumbs up for Maruti on this

Now as far as Honda is concerned, it will take some time to establish itself in the diesel market IMO. Once they achieve this (as they did it in the petrol market), the Amaze surely will be a strong rival for the Dzire.
GreyAsta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2013, 10:09   #23
BANNED

The primary reason behind Dzire's sales is because of India's obsession with boot(a.k.a dicky) and a car with a longer boot is having more status in the society.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks