Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2013, 21:29   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: HM discontinues Cedia & Outlander

HM should discontinue itself from. Mitsubishi should either get serious about the Indian Market or get out. How long can dealers survive selling single digit over priced models every month? They won't even be able to recover operating expenses, let alone capital costs of setting up the A. S. S.
Old 4th July 2013, 23:39   #32
BHPian

Yes the website is back online. I feel the brand had lots of potential here. There was a Mitsubishi showroom just near my home which got shut down eventually and got replaced by a Tata Motors .
Old 12th July 2013, 16:05   #33
VMG
BHPian

My cedia sports is almost 6 years old; But I have done only 32K and I would like to keep this car for another 3-4 years. I am worried about maintenance part. Car is gem in all aspects. Need advise.
Old 15th July 2013, 16:11   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
My cedia sports is almost 6 years old; But I have done only 32K and I would like to keep this car for another 3-4 years. I am worried about maintenance part. Car is gem in all aspects. Need advise.
What are you worried about if nothing is broken?

Go to the auto market in your city and search for authorized HM parts supplier (not authorized service center).

If you cannot find it that way, search on JustDial etc.

If you still cannot find spares, some members here can help sourcing parts from Mumbai/ Delhi.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 09:23   #35
Senior - BHPian

Couple of days ago I spoke to the service guy at Maya motors. He said, Cedia suspension is "temporary" and it is rumored that it is coming back with some modifications! Spare parts - No problem at all. That is what he said.
Again, regarding spare parts for something broken, anyway they were stocking major spares in Dubai and not in India. They were importing parts as and when required and they will do the same even now. For example, my car's steering wheel assembly came from Dubai in 3 weeks time, but it was worth waiting. Not to worry about spares, unless they shut down Maya Motors. Then we have to go to HM for importing these spares.
RajaTaurus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 13:05   #36
BHPian

Folks: I am a proud owner of CEDIA Sports for the last 4.5 years, having driven the beast for about 90,000 kms. I have no idea to replace and would like to continue given that there is no other car that is comfortable to ride/drive, on all fronts, in this category. However, I am worried about the parts, good service centers, as I hate the one in Bangalore...Any suggestions
Old 3rd October 2014, 13:12   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanp23 View Post
Folks: It is more than just a year since cedia has been discontinured.

However, worried about maintenance, parts etc., Any thoughts
As per the law, any and every manufacturer who discontinues a car must stock parts and keep it available till 10 years from the date of discontinue.

So I guess there is no need to worry on the parts but servicing is questionable.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 17:39   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
As per the law, any and every manufacturer who discontinues a car must stock parts and keep it available till 10 years from the date of discontinue.

So I guess there is no need to worry on the parts but servicing is questionable.

Anurag.
I think the requirement is just that the parts should be available. There is no guarantee on pricing or the procurement delay. In a lot of these cases, I've heard that they need to be imported and hence would involve delays as well as higher expenses. Not sure how true it is but it seems like the more practical approach for these companies instead of stocking the uncommon parts for rare models that may never be used eventually.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2014, 22:17   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Anurag.
No hard feelings, but there is a marked difference between rule and implementation in India. Consider Maruti Suzuki, which is considered as the ultimate in consumer service in India- try hunting for Esteem's parts. You'll be surprised to know that apart from some regular consumables, you won't be able to find many spares. Esteem was discontinued in Dec 2007, so it is very well within the 10 year period. I had to hunt for Esteem's ORVM's for my brother's car. Lastly, we found one from a scrapyard.
I initially thought it to be a region specific issue, but recently came across BHPian RavenAvi's thread, where his dad's esteem had to be sold due to many reasons, one of which was lack of spares.
Already, people are reporting lack of M800 spares, which was discontinued in 2014.
I can't think what owners of HM_mitsubishi have to face for discontinued products.
I think its time our Govt should make a stern law for auto sector which includes rules for issues like spares, lemon cars, etc and implement them.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2014, 00:08   #40
BHPian

Quote:

Anurag.

Didn't know about this law. But even if it is there, who is going to implement it for the poor Indian consumer?

Recently I went through a harrowing experience just to replace my petrol Logan's accessories drive belt along with the tensioner. When the service centre guys kept me waiting for almost 2 months, finally I shot off one mail to M&M customer care asking how long can I expect M&M to support this vehicle in terms of availability of spares. Needless to say that I didn't receive any written commitment on this aspect from their side. But the Hyderabad Customer Care Manager called me and mentioned that they will provide support for 7 years from the date of sale of the vehicle.

Of course, I must acknowledge that within a few days after that, the part magically surfaced at the service centre.
Old 12th March 2015, 17:28   #41
BHPian

new outlander coming to India as per Zigwheels

http://www.zigwheels.com/upcoming-la...spotted/21349/

Note sure how authenticate is the news.
Old 12th March 2015, 20:16   #42
BHPian

And then they add a thirsty petrol engine to it. I think they have lost the plot a long time ago. No new lancer, outlander with petrol...what are they thinking?
Old 13th March 2015, 09:48   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
new outlander coming to India as per Zigwheels

http://www.zigwheels.com/upcoming-la...spotted/21349/

Note sure how authenticate is the news.
Talked to the Director (Operations) of a dealer here. Outlander is confirmed for relaunch. As per him both petrol & diesel versions are planned. The company is now finalising what will be the features list etc.

Anyways I am carrying on with my search for a Grand Vitara-AT.
Old 13th March 2015, 10:32   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
And then they add a thirsty petrol engine to it. I think they have lost the plot a long time ago. No new lancer, outlander with petrol...what are they thinking?
New outlander might be PHEV so that might answer your question.
IMO Petrol vs diesel will not be a differentiator for running cost in near future.
and per same news they plan to launch both petrol and diesel versions.

It will be really interesting if they launch plug-in-hybrid in India.
Old 13th March 2015, 10:50   #45
BHPian

The difference does not lie in it being petrol or diesel. The last outlander used to give 5-6 kmpl in city. Diesels tend to have better mileage anyway. But if they are bringing in the diesel, then its hopefully going to sell in good numbers. Hopefully they are able to price it slightly lower than the Toyota fortuner. That will really give them decent numbers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks