Team-BHP - Nissan Micra Active @ 3.5 Lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Nissan Micra Active @ 3.5 Lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/138474-nissan-micra-active-3-5-lakhs.html)

Live: The Nissan Micra Active is not a variant but a variant family. It comes in XE, XL, XV and XV Safety trim levels and will compete with the Hyundai i10, Maruti Wagon R and the Chevrolet Beat, a segment below the operating field of the Micra facelift.

Prices of Micra Active: (Ex Showroom Delhi)
The Nissan Micra Active features a new front bumper that lacks foglights. The grille lacks chrome linings and the wheels make do with plastic caps. The side mirrors and door handles don’t get the body colored treatment. Moving to the interior, the front seats sport fixed headrests. The dashboard features a dual-tone black and green layout.

Nissan has not skimped on the safety features as the top-end variant is installed with two front airbags, ABS and speed sensing door locks. The music system is decent with USB and Aux-In ports. The rear seat gets two height adjustable headrests. However Nissan is not offering either ABS or Airbag as a standard feature on Active variants.
The car is powered by a 1.2-liter three-cylinder petrol engine that delivers 68 PS @ 4,000 rpm and 104 Nm @ 5,000 rpm. The fuel economy is rated at 19.49 kpl. The Active is not available in diesel. It comes in six shades such as Turquoise Blue (new), Storm White, Blade Silver, Aqua Green, Onyx Black and Brick Red.

Source & Full Article

So Is Nissan ready to cater to mass market ? With this pricing they are trying to offer more spacious alternative to cars like i10, wagonR etc.

But in this segment, its all about numbers and will they be able to take the load of customers/servicing etc ?

The black dashboard on the Active looks much better than the grey interiors on the standard Micra.

This car looks much better than previous generation Micra. It looks way better from outside and inside. If Nissan can promise the customers a good after sales service, like mass producers such as Maruti and Hyundai, then we have a very strong customers market in this segment in India.

Excellent idea from Nissan. The car's pricing is truly phenomenal and makes me feel how much profit Nissan must be making on the regularly priced Micra. So if I am not wrong then this car offers much better space than any of its other competitors? I think Nissan has a winner here. Just yesterday a relative had called to ask about a petrol hatch in 5L category. Told him to go for the Brio but now this looks like a much better offering.

Seems to be a real VFM from Nissan stable to me. 3.5 Lakhs is really a very good Jap alternative to Wagon R and even for Alto. Finally has Nissan woken up to the market? Not really! Just see them milching rupee in overpriced new Micra!! ~ 8.5 Lakhs on road for top end diesel!!

Why is the Micra Active not available in diesel, Nissan? At 4.5 lacs, it would have been a killer market variant. Are you fearing the taxi image? If everyone fears so, an i10, Wagon-R or Brio would never see a diesel mill and that market segment might remain untapped till the Nano diesel enters stage.

BTW, can anyone post the rear of the Active version? I would like to know if there are any changes to the rear bumper and tail lamps - in case I need to retrofit those on my outgoing model in the future. I don't think the bumpers from the new model can be fitted without changing the hatch door too. Or will I be able to source the same bumper as mine, down the line? I've already hit my rear bumper within 5 months of ownership, though it has come back to normal and the bruise is minimal.

Also, Nissan must have added a CVT XV variant of Micra Active at about 5-5.5L which would compete against i10 auto, A-Star Auto and Late Brio S(O)AT. Nissan's new Micra CVT directly competes Ritz AT and Brio VX AT above 6L price range.

This variant would have done better if it were in the diesel avatar. However, correct me if I wrong but I do see side mirrors with the body colored treatment in the pictures posted above. Does that mean it will be available as an option? Or is it just limited to top end Active variant? Do we have a comparo feature list for the different Active variants?

But a diesel variant priced at 4.5-6L would have practically cannibalized its more expensive sibling along with a lot of others offerings too. So guess Nissan wanted to keep the profit levels high in the diesel variants and hence only offer it in the regular hatch.

An innovative idea from Nissan, I must say, without developing an entirely new hatchback for that category, it has entered a different segment. What I see here is that Nissan is trying to judge the market response it gets in this segment, if good it can continue like this, if bad it can discontinue the 'Active' and if by any chance Nissan gets an exceptional market response, it can then work on an entirely new car for that segment while solidifying its place in the segment with the 'Micra Active'.

Nissan has made clever changes to the exterior so as to make the original Micra feel more premium, even from a distance, not to mention the missing features in the Active.

What an idea Nissan clap:

The Nissan Micra Active XV S is priced at 4.9L in Bombay, whilst the lowest end Nissan Micra XL is priced at 5L - considering I get far superior features in the Active, why would I bother buying the XL?

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 3168551)
But a diesel variant priced at 4.5-6L would have practically cannibalized its more expensive sibling along with a lot of others offerings too. So guess Nissan wanted to keep the profit levels high in the diesel variants and hence only offer it in the regular hatch.

True. A case of volumes vs margins. IMO, volumes will be much higher when the segment has only a couple of players; just the Vista and the Beat diesels at 4.75 lacs. Figo and Ritz is a notch above, I guess. And I believe that Nissan is in need of volume more than anything to popularize the strong but invisible brand. Most do not think outside of a Maruti or a Hyundai - just because they have handled servicing volumes well. See how the Beat began selling by putting a diesel mill below the skin. I'm sure the Beat D would have bitten the dust if Micra Active D came in. It just have a far superior engine practically, however old school it may be termed as. Okay, now coming to think of it; is it that this engine cannot be sold for less?

This is with respect to the current market trend of diesel vs petrol; I can't foresee the future though, don't think even Nissan has. Whatever it is, I don't think that it is meaningful in bringing a Micra Active D after an i10 or Brio D has hit the roads. One should make hay while the sun shines, thus goes the saying.

I hope they charged the rear seat design,since in the Nissan Micra and the Renault Pulse both had horrible rear seat design which makes it the most uncomfortable car with regard to back seat.

A late but a good initiative from Nissan to propel the sales numbers in the tough times the auto manufacturers are having. The Micra should have had the ABS atleast in all variants except the entry one. They should have however offered something for the diesel variants too.

The front bumper IMO looks totally out of place and with no fog lamps options. I am not a fanboy of the fixed headrests either. :Frustrati