Team-BHP - Fiat Panda to be launched as Tata Excel
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Fiat Panda to be launched as Tata Excel (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/13856-fiat-panda-launched-tata-excel.html)

Looks good idea to me. Fiat car and Tata brand name. This is the news I got from a FIAT dealer today. Apparently the launch will be early next year. Anyone heard anything like this?

Fiat Panda is a very good car (it was European car of the year in 2004. However, it would sound better if it is launched as Fiat and not Tata! It would be interesting to know what price it will attract.

TATA Who,TATA what??? That word "excel" is more apt for a truck.Is there a "vomit" emoticon on this forum?For the time being :Shockked: would suffice.FIAT Panda sounds much better.I hope I never see a TATA badge on any FIAT.

as long as the engine is an italian stallion...i dont care wat they name it.if it helps fiat stay in the market and launch good products,im ok wid the tata excel.
atleast educated people will know whats underneath the name.

I think the industry is finally running out of ideas for names.....first Laura, then Excel, then what?

Wow, this is great news, I want a good italian oil-burner under the hood so that it makes for a perfect combo......

I agree with roms that FIAT Panda sounds much better, and I too personally would not be happy to see a TATA badge on any FIAT. But I would rather have it that way if it sells in thousands than having it our way and selling it in a handful

There goes another great car brand, bowing down to the pressures of minor irritants like sales and profits...

There was an article in today's paper of the Grande Punto being launched in the Indian market with a multijet diesel in 2008. Possible names doing the rounds are:
1. Tata Batata (borrowed from their telecom venture)
2. Tata Tetris (borrowed from their tea venture and a popular game)
3. Tata Pinto (play on the Grande Punto brand)
4. Tata Indica v3

OK, the names were never discussed in the article...

I just hope this news is a RUMOUR!!!

advantages of launching as a Tata -
- even if the alliance doesnt survive, since its a Tata they will support it
- they'll negotiate hard with Fiat so better pricing
- I suspect the Dicor'd Indi*s will be accelerated, as a differentiator in the portfolio

lol... u guys are cribbin about the name "tata" being attached to it as if the name "Panda" is absolutely brilliant for a car!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitoj
lol... u guys are cribbin about the name "tata" being attached to it as if the name "Panda" is absolutely brilliant for a car!!

lol: Good chances are that, the same car will sale in multiples, if sold as Tata instead of Fiat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minardi
Looks good idea to me. Fiat car and Tata brand name. This is the news I got from a FIAT dealer today. Apparently the launch will be early next year. Anyone heard anything like this?

I thought Tata Excel was for the New MUV (spy pics in Overdrive). Can you beleive it OD calls it a Innova Class Slugger when it looks like a Cargo Carrier .... lol:

hehe.. don't worry a day will come when there will be a car named SKODA islero
rl:
Quote:

Originally Posted by islero
I think the industry is finally running out of ideas for names.....first Laura, then Excel, then what?

Is this true?

First when I read this, I was not too happy. But coming to think of it, this looks like a decent deal. Let Fiat do what they are good at: manufacturing small cars. They are lousy in marketing their products and we have seen that. So, let Tatas take care of marketing. This arrangement looks good. If it were to be called Fiat Panda, I really doubt if Tatas would have taken so much of interest in marketing the product. Tata branding would make them market and service the car well, even though the car is Fiat underneath.

Never mind what badge it is, but product always matters, even though badge shouldn't - as always knowledgeble ppl would buy the product, Lets wait and see if FIAT - TATA alliance releasing products into Indian market unless tweaking in......agree: as usally being done by most of the manufacturers.