Team-BHP - LBT Impact/Calculation on Vehicles
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   LBT Impact/Calculation on Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/138648-lbt-impact-calculation-vehicles.html)

Hi,
Owners who have purchased post 1-Apr, especially in Pune, can you please let me know how the dealers are handling the LBT.

What is the amount they are saying as LBT in the Debit Note they are giving ? What percentage of Invoice value for LBT ?

i am also facing same issue. Some dealer are still quoting some amount as Octrai in Pune.

before LBT, Octroi was included in the Invoice itself. Now, they are giving invoice (which is of lower amount) and a Debit Note later saying this much amount has been debited on account of Octroi etc.

Fair enough. But how is that LBT amount is calculated, there is no clarity on the same.

LBT for Cars is 1.5% of the Ex-Showroom(without octroi, basic cost) cost if calculated as per the guidelines.

If they are charging same amount as octroi i.e 4.5% then they are over charging by 3%.

However, If they are charging octroi + LBT then god help us..

In case of debit note what purpose does it serve ? It is still not same as Octroi receipt right ?

Cheers
MKP

This was earlier reported :
http://www.mid-day.com/news/2013/apr...is-illegal.htm

But one thing is clear, the Quotation of Ex showroom price given to me for the same vehicle before and after LBT has not changed. It is same.

Question is, how and what are they charging and the basis of calculation. One of my friend did reverse calculation on LBT amt provided by dealer and Invoice receipt.

It came to 2.5%.

http://www.punecorporation.org/pmcwe...BT%20Rates.pdf

Group II- Item 126. it says 2%.

Can there be VAT and Service tax etc on this amount as well ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohit0103 (Post 3172953)
http://www.punecorporation.org/pmcwe...BT%20Rates.pdf

Group II- Item 126. it says 2%.

Can there be VAT and Service tax etc on this amount as well ?

Pls note that this is the rate for the cars less than 10L in value, For more than 10L values cars the rate is 4% as mentioned in the Group IV.

No there will be no VAT or service tax on this amount, the same will be included in the ex-showroom cost.

Any information as to what I can demand as my right from the dealer as a proof of LBT being paid by him for my car ? What has been the experience of other car buyers in Pune ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 3172970)

Pls note that this is the rate for the cars less than 10L in value, For more than 10L values cars the rate is 4% as mentioned in the Group IV.

No there will be no VAT or service tax on this amount, the same will be included in the ex-showroom cost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadjourno (Post 3320453)
Got this quotation from dsk for 4*4 mt fortuner.

There are lot of discrepancies related to the taxation part for which i didn't get any suitable answer as usual.

E.g.
1. LBT Rate for vehicle according to PMC website is 4% coming to around rs. 93684.00/- whereas this guy is charging 109701.00/- . A straight difference of approximate 16000.00/-

2. Road tax is 13% on ex showroom price which comes out to be rs. 304342.00/-.
Whereas this is being charged to me as this ex showroom + lbt *13% = 318603.00/- plus some charges amounting to rs. 321554.00. The difference is straight out coming to approximate 17000.00/-

3. Then there is handling charges amounting to 6225.00/-

Rto tax is inclusive of service charges. Wow so much charges :)

Regarding LBT were told that only debit note will be given. ??

Can someone point if the calculations are correct ?

Thanks
RJ.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohit0103 (Post 3185827)
Any information as to what I can demand as my right from the dealer as a proof of LBT being paid by him for my car ? What has been the experience of other car buyers in Pune ?

I got a receipt as proof of LBT paid, document attached for reference

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadjourno (Post 3321190)
1. LBT Rate for vehicle according to PMC website is 4% coming to around rs. 93684.00/- whereas this guy is charging 109701.00/- . A straight difference of approximate 16000.00/-

2. Road tax is 13% on ex showroom price which comes out to be rs. 304342.00/-.
Whereas this is being charged to me as this ex showroom + lbt *13% = 318603.00/- plus some charges amounting to rs. 321554.00. The difference is straight out coming to approximate 17000.00/-

3. Then there is handling charges amounting to 6225.00/-

There is a normal tendency of dealer to inflate the registration charges. The logic given for the additional amount charged is greasing of RTO officials for faster registration. You can start with asking the dealer the exshowroom cost (you can find that out in Toyota website too). Add 4% LBT on the exshowroom cost. Now add 13% on the total cost of the car and you arrive at the on road cost of the car. Anything charged above the cost by dealer is daytime robbery, take a firm stand and threaten to report to RTO for such discrepancy. Most of the times dealer soften when they realize they cant take the customer for a ride. Regarding handling charges, thats illegal too.

The dealers are charging surplus on RTO charges , surplus on LBT , handling charges and excessive premiums on insurance by forcing customers . What can be done about this ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by niks_devil666 (Post 3530588)
The dealers are charging surplus on RTO charges , surplus on LBT , handling charges and excessive premiums on insurance by forcing customers . What can be done about this ?

No idea about LBT but for the rest,

1) Get the registration done yourself
2) Get the insurance yourself from outside
3) Insist on waiver of handling charges, contact the manufacturer with the SC order copy directly (Details here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rges-scam.html).

That said, it isn't that easy, especially 1 & 3. The only hope is, with you raising a voice, they might reduce it to a certain extent. Even this depends heavily on the vehicle/dealer/manufacturer in question and the kind of numbers they are doing monthly.

Well in Kalyan which comes under Thane Dist., the LBT is 4% for vehicles <=1000 cc and 6% for >1000 cc. I also enquired with a dealer about the Registration %. They informed that it is 9% for petrol vehicles and 11% for diesel.

Hi members from Pune can anybody help me with details about LBT at Pune . Searched all over the forum and Google but can't confirm wether my locality comes under LBT regime . I am registering my car at Pisoli Undri road Tal Haveli my pin code is 411028 . Can anybody give me pointer s about the same . Thanking in anticipation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by m-hawk (Post 3618374)
Hi members from Pune can anybody help me with details about LBT at Pune . Searched all over the forum and Google but can't confirm wether my locality comes under LBT regime . I am registering my car at Pisoli Undri road Tal Haveli my pin code is 411028 . Can anybody give me pointer s about the same . Thanking in anticipation.

Best would be to check with an RTO agent. We paid LBT for one vehicle by being misinformed and it's been a year now yet the refund has not come. There are certain areas in the heart of Pune that don't have LBT such as the cantonment area. So do check with your local RTO or ask your neighbours maybe they can verify if they paid it or not.