Team-BHP - Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/140007-team-bhp-scoop-maruti-ciaz-yl1-scoop-pics-page-99-a.html)

Mod Note: Team-BHP's Maruti Ciaz Review has been uploaded here. Please continue the discussion over on the review thread. Thanks!

Little Birdie dropped some details about the Maruti Suzuki Project YL1, a Vento sized sedan which might replace the ageing SX4 sedan.

Details-

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-back_sketch_wma.jpg
^ Little Birdie and I made this Sketch, which looks exactly as the original car.

More details will be posted, have patience!

EDIT:
Little birdie adds-
EDIT:on August 19, 2013-
EDIT: on Aug 20, 2013-
EDIT:Aug 21, 2013-

Adding one more sketch-

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-front_sktch.jpg

EDIT: Adding Interior Sketch on a later date.

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-dash_wm.jpg

EDIT 2-
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-dash2_wm.jpg

Big Thanks to Li'l Birdie clap: I am posting on his behalf. Here are some actual un-camouflaged photographs of the Maruti YL1. :)

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-yl1_0011.jpg

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-yl1_002.jpg

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-yl1_005.jpg
^ The car in these pictures is LDi variant.

Photos in this post added on a later date on Aug 19, 2013. More details on the car were updated today in post#1.

EDIT:on Aug 21, 2013. Adding one more picture of top end ZDi/ZXi variant

Have a look at the rear legroom. Rear seats have similar recline angle like the DZire and even thicker side bolstering. Middle seat handrest is not uncomfortable like SX4.

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-rlgrm.jpg

This post added on Aug 23, 2013.

Here are a few Interior Shots. This most probably is VDi variant(not sure).

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-20130813_174258.jpg

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-20130813_174303.jpg

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-20130813_174309.jpg

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-20130813_174345.jpg

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-20130813_174350.jpg

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-20130813_174400.jpg

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-20130813_174411.jpg

Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-20130813_174328.jpg

This post added on a later date- Aug 20, 2013. 1725hrs.

The design theme is based heavily on the Authentics concept-
Team-BHP SCOOP: Maruti Ciaz / YL1. Scoop Pics on Page 99-628suzukiaestheticsconceptshanghai.jpg

Image source: http://www.autoblog.com/2013/04/20/s...shanghai-2013/

Maruti desperately need this, and soon.
The SX4 is not quite a success story as Maruti expected it to be, even after they gave it a Multijet steroid shot.

Regardless of the engine options, a better looking exterior design is the need of the hour.

1.3DDis??Interiors similar to Swift/Ertiga??I'm sorry but this is a recipe for failure.How does MSIL hope to compete against the Vento with a 1.4L Petrol and 1.3L Diesel??They will also have to contend with the next-gen Linea and City.
It's high time MSIL brought in the 1.6MJD here.AFAIK Suzuki uses it in their cars abroad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KINI (Post 3202548)
Interiors similar to Swift/Ertiga??

Please read carefully, i said Design theme is similar, not the actual interiors.

Excellent scoop. It should be a lot cheaper to build compared to the SX4 which sits on its own unique platform. Plus the SX4 looked bulky and bloated to me.

I have a feeling it will be a stretched back seat like the Sunny.

Excellent scoop. I guess the limited engine options are not going to sustain sales of this vehicle. The Fluidic Verna 1.4 is hardly seen on the road is the case in point. It has to be a clear C1 or a C2 Class. Cannot be a C1 pretending to be a C2

Cheers

KPS

Thanks for the Scoop!
I'm quite excited now. I thought it would have been a long while before Maruti would start working on the replacement for the failure that was the SX4. The mockup and feature listing is fairly satisfying. Question,

Quote:

Originally Posted by .anshuman (Post 3202529)
Little Birdie...

Did Mr.Bird tell you when we should expect to see a prototype in testing by? or is it too soon to say?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maky (Post 3202576)
Did Mr.Bird tell you when we should expect to see a prototype in testing by? or is it too soon to say?

Cars are in Japan now for testing. Please wait for other details, i will update as soon as i get them.

Sound good and possibly will look good based on the sketches! If all things fall in place, this sedan will be a good upgrade option to many of the Swift (5+ Yrs) owners, moving to sedan class retaining Maruti's benefits!