Team-BHP - The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/140556-next-gen-bmw-5-series-g30-edit-launched-rs-49-90-lakh.html)

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-1550454891556617589.jpg

Seen in these spy pics is a heavily camouflaged 5'er mule with the chassis of the next-gen model :thumbs up

It should shed some weight with the help of carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) in its construction.

More details should hopefully unfold in the coming months :)

Expected launch in 2016 as a 2017 model.

Source

Check out the very 1st renders of the 2016 5 series :)

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-1.jpg

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-2.jpg

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-3.jpg

Source

More news;

1) BMW will add a 3 cyl diesel engine (rumoured to produce 150 hp) to the line up in certain markets.

2) Next M5 will have in excess of 600 hp & will have an optional x-drive variant.

AutoBild

Sounds very odd. 3 cylinder engines along with hybridasition of these cars would complicate things a lot more than expected considering these cars are a tech fest in the first place. I wonder if the enthusiast driver in us will get the same satisfaction as say in the 530d . I shouldnt be surpirsed if they opt for crossing out the 6 cylinder motors for good :Frustrati

Looks Sharp. Seems like the new BMWs are getting "De-Bangled" .lol:

Latest Spy shots;

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-spyshotsnewgenerationbmw5seriessedanandestatemedium_1.jpg

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-spyshotsnewgenerationbmw5seriessedanandestatemedium_3.jpg

Source

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-2014bmw5seriesgearshifter1024x768.jpg

Next gen 5'er will use the 9-speed ZF transmission used on the Jeep Cherokee and 2014 E-Class.

Source

UPDATE

Hi all, If the reports of I.A.B are to be referred then the sixth-generation 5 Series is named the ‘G30′ internally and will be underpinned by an all-new ’30up’ platform which is built by combining aluminium, high-strength steel and carbon fibre which makes it a full 80 kg lighter as compared to the present 5 Series. It is believed that further in the line-up are a 5 Series Gran Turismo and a Touring (Estate) later in that year.

The loss of weight on the 5 Series will allow BMW to power it by a 1.5-liter turbocharged diesel engine. 500 cc cylinders would be put together to come up with three-, four- and six-cylinder engines that share 60 percent of their parts. A 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine shall power the 520d and 525d, generating 231 hp.

As per the reports, The 528i will get a 272 hp petrol engine. 5 Series would be sharing it's front axle assembly with with the next-generation 3 Series and the higher powered six- and eight-cylinder models will get the front axle from the next 7 Series.

It is also expected that the M5 developed from this 5 Series would be a whopping 180 kg lighter, carrying a tuned version of the same 4.4-liter twin-turbo V8 used in the present M5. The new benchmark that is expected to be set by the forthcoming M5 will be the inclusion of an option for a four-wheel drive.

Thanks

AD

Source: https://www.facebook.com/IndianAutosBlog

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 3310616)

Next gen 5'er will use the 9-speed ZF transmission used on the Jeep Cherokee and 2014 E-Class.

That doesn't sound correct at all. The Jeep Cherokee's ZF unit is specifically designed for FWD, transverse- layout, while Benz's 9G-Tronic is an in-house Daimler unit for use in RWD, longitudinal-layout vehicles

Quote:

Originally Posted by Activ8 (Post 3387218)
That doesn't sound correct at all. The Jeep Cherokee's ZF unit is specifically designed for FWD, transverse- layout, while Benz's 9G-Tronic is an in-house Daimler unit for use in RWD, longitudinal-layout vehicles

Possibly not the exact one from the Cherokees, but the upcoming 5'er will surely get a new ZF-engineered 9 speed automatic transmission then :thumbs up

Latest renders;

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-bmw_5.jpg

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-bmw_5_h.jpg

The new model is set to retain a familiar profile, with refinements to the details helping to create a more modern, premium look that’s a bit sportier than the current-generation 5 Series.

By using more high-strength steels, aluminium and carbon fibre-reinforced plastic, BMW will hope to cut the kerbweight by about 100kg.

Source

G30 5 series hits the 'Ring;

This is the touring model;

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-g305seriesa.jpg

A closer look;

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-g305seriesf.jpg

Interior captured too;

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-g305seriesl.jpg

Source: BIMMERPOST

The 2016 BMW 5-Series has been spied with a production-ready body.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaBravo (Post 3283586)
Looks Sharp. Seems like the new BMWs are getting "De-Bangled" .lol:

I for one loved the Bangle design and still think it looks hot and a huge contrast from the current design. The current 5-series looks so plain in comparison. E60 was a revolutionary design. Not many liked it. The F10 had no such qualms I feel.

As for the 2016 model, I think it looks a lot better than the F10 but its really time they did something with the interiors. Atleast change the gear lever.:)

Not at all impressed by these rendered images. Looks like a bigger 3 series from up front. And the rear is almost the same as the current 5'er.

Although most people hate the Bangle era- I think that one had an identity of its own. Not something modern day beemers have!