Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2013, 16:12   #16
BHPian

Re: 2009 Aveo sold as 2011 model; Consumer forum awards 2 Lakhs compensation

Time to make amends to our laws. They must be laughing all the way to the bank. This behaviour by dealers must not go unpunished. How many times have we heard similar stories of an unscrupulous dealer cheating an innocent customer? I think it is high time something is done about this. P.S: The 2L is nothing but a consolation.
Old 27th August 2013, 18:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! Barely after the Travera issue , where the penalty was laughable in my opinion , we now have this case where again the damage to GM or the dealer is barely a pinch. We really need harsher penalties.
Old 30th August 2013, 03:39   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
I think it is high time something is done about this. P.S: The 2L is nothing but a consolation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
We now have this case where again the damage to GM or the dealer is barely a pinch. We really need harsher penalties.
The 'Big' 2L fine that was declared is just like blowing dust in our own eyes but the harsh reality is no great affect would have been on the Dealer or to GM.

A cancelled license of that dealer or paying a hefty fine+full amount to customer incl the purchase price etc would make sense and give them a lesson so that it doesn't repeat with any customer and not repeated by any other company.

Anurag.
Old 30th August 2013, 11:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

I agree , harsher penalties are the need of the day , i would love to see the government suspend production lines as part of this penalty for a few weeks .

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

A cancelled license of that dealer or paying a hefty fine+full amount to customer incl the purchase price etc would make sense and give them a lesson so that it doesn't repeat with any customer and not repeated by any other company.

Anurag.
Old 30th August 2013, 20:35   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
I agree , harsher penalties are the need of the day , i would love to see the government suspend production lines as part of this penalty for a few weeks .
Post stronger and strict penalties the issue must be publicised do that all in the country know such issue has happened and new customers will be alert.

I feel the VIN decoding procedure must be published online and be a part of RTI. All manufacturer's must break the VIN code and inform the customer before signing the documents.

Anurag.
Old 30th August 2013, 21:20   #21
Senior - BHPian

It is all the more important because GM is also involved. This is quite serious after GM's Tavera episode.Will this lead to more heads rolling at GM? No wonder GM sales are dwindling.

These unscrupulous dealers and the dastardly GM officials are, in fact hammering in the last nails.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks