Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2013, 02:00   #16
BHPian

Re: 2013 Chevy Cruze Facelift - Launched in India @ 13.75 Lakhs

Very minor facelift, casual observers may not even observe it. They need something more if they want to compete in this segment - maybe we will have to wait till the next gen Cruze for that.
Old 25th October 2013, 06:29   #17
BHPian

It's like applying just a little make up to an old and tired horse. The car though brilliant, is simply too old now. The competition is far ahead now. I liked the previous design better, and as many have pointed out, the changes are subtle, so a casual observer might not notice them anyway.
Samar117 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 08:26   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
IMHO, the XUV5OO is a copy of the Predator and not the Cruze facelift.
Agreed Sir. But that new fog lamp housing got the Predator to my mind.
So according to Chevrolet, just changing the fog lamp housing and front grill is a face lift

Akshay said it quite well, even Maruti has more to offer in their facelifts.

-Bhargav
Octane_Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 10:50   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

At the very least, Chevy India should have grabbed the opportunity and introduced projector headlights, integrated DRLs into either headlights or foglamp housings, MyLink infotainment system with colour touchscreen/navigation etc.

Wasted effort in my opinion. Personally speaking I am happy as my 2011 LT's resale will not be significantly impacted due to a fancy infotainment system being added. :-)

Last edited by itwasntme : 25th October 2013 at 11:00. Reason: Clarity
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 11:24   #20
Senior - BHPian

The only major difference I see in the facelift is side curtain airbags in the LTZ variant. That for sure is a welcome change - predator face or not.
reignofchaos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 13:18   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
At the very least, Chevy India should have grabbed the opportunity and introduced projector headlights, integrated DRLs into either headlights or foglamp housings, MyLink infotainment system with colour touchscreen/navigation etc.

Wasted effort in my opinion. Personally speaking I am happy as my 2011 LT's resale will not be significantly impacted due to a fancy infotainment system being added. :-)
Totally agree with your views. In fact I, like many others, think the older look was better. This car never needed a face lift, if anything, it needed a few upgrades in features and bells & whistles. The additional air bags are a welcome addition but it's just too small a step in the right direction. The competition was upped when the Elantra was launched and only the pure driving enthusiasts picked the Cruze over the Elantra, but now with the Octavia, I think the Cruze has further lost ground. I know the Octavia is much more expensive, but then you get a heck of a lot extra kit and goodies which makes the difference in price justifiable.

Overall, very disappointed with this face lift and this is coming from a Cruze fan.
Old 25th October 2013, 15:16   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed88 View Post
This car still has plenty of turbo lag which is unacceptable in my opinion especially in th segment it competes in. Chevrolet should tune this engine for driveability as the current is notorious for its turbo lag.
Not really. Chevy greatly addressed that problem with the 2012 facelift's engine update. From our Official Review:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The new motor is a lot more practical to live with. As Tsk1979’s original review had indicated, the earlier Cruze was dreadful in traffic due to its aggressive clutch and an engine that was practically dead below 2,000 rpm. One of the reasons you buy a diesel is the low-end torque & lugging ability; this was completely missing in the earlier Cruze.

The spread of torque is far superior in the updated engine. The accelerator just feels so much more responsive within the city, in the exact same conditions that the older car felt dull. You can play in traffic right from 1,500 rpm and up with the FAM Z engine. At this stage, the turbo obviously hasn’t completely woken up, but there is enough torque to navigate through urban areas. At 1,800 rpm, you can feel the turbo start tugging. It is important to mention that the new engine makes peak torque a full 600 rpm earlier. In a typical city situation at 30 kph, BHPian Ghostrider’s 2011 Cruze took nearly 2 seconds to respond. On the other hand, the 2012 Cruze responded in about half a second. You simply don’t need to drop a gear as often with the new engine, and neither is the 2012 Cruze frustrating in traffic. Driveability is now acceptable and Cruze owners won't be complaining anymore. Still, even though turbo-lag has greatly reduced, in-city behaviour isn’t as competent as the Jetta. The Chevy diesel isn't as forgiving as the VW engine.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2013, 10:37   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Just compare to the VW Jetta facelift as compared to the downright 'insulting' Cruze facelift!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...oon-india.html

So sad to see GM India totally lose the plot on a essentially solid car like the Cruze. If I understand correctly, most of the current (& recently sacked) top management are busy planning on how to save their body parts from the upcoming civil/criminal investigations.

Net net Hyundai, Skoda & VW will simply run away with the D1 segment.

Last edited by itwasntme : 27th October 2013 at 10:42. Reason: Grammar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks