Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2013, 19:39   #16
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Nissan begins selling cars online in India

Will this mean that Nissan cars will get cheaper if bought online considering that dealer commission won't be applicable in such a case?
Old 9th December 2013, 20:10   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Will this mean that Nissan cars will get cheaper if bought online considering that dealer commission won't be applicable in such a case?
I am thinking, you might get vouches for accessories. Obviously they can not sell online for a lesser rate than the dealer. The price is fixed by the manufacturer. If Nissan sells for less, it will kill its own golden goose. I am sure, they with have the dealer benefits worked out.

The dealer will have a charge back for receiving and delivering the car. There is work involved at dealership for PDI and get the vehicle presentable for delivery. Dealer wins on the registration charges, insurance premium and the bank loan done via the dealer. Yes, the accessories too.

The free service that you get on your car is not free for the company. The dealers charge back the manufacturer for labour and parts. Instead of billing the customer, they bill the manufacturer.

Last edited by HillMan : 9th December 2013 at 20:20.
Old 9th December 2013, 20:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

If its same price as the dealer, why would you want to buy online?
There must be some benefit for the customer and i think its got to be some freebies if not discounts.
Some of the dealers in BLR do offer "special offer for online orders" like Bimal Maruti or Advaith Hyundai. Needless to say, they only collect your info and the rest is all manual.
Old 9th December 2013, 20:17   #19
BHPian

My 2 cents, Car is not an impulsive buy but a well thought out investment. So, online feature may add convenience but not add much to the sales. After making dealer visits and when a buyer is sure of his decision, then only online booking will add some value. Effectively, this will reduce 1 visit. Even then, am not sure this is the best way forward. I would suggest face to face booking. But you never know what will catch consumer fancy, in India a visit would sometimes be a tedious affair with traffic, rural penetration etc.
petrolveins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 20:39   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Some of the dealers in BLR do offer "special offer for online orders" like Bimal Maruti or Advaith Hyundai. Needless to say, they only collect your info and the rest is all manual.
I am sure the sales guy will work out something similar in a different way over the table. In the name of accessories or discount on Insurance premium or exchange price/benefits etc.

Maruti sales reps have lot of free hand while dealing with customers. They dont even have to go back to their seniors for consultation. No two people will buy a car with the same price may be sitting on adjacent tables

The way I saw at Nissan and Renault dealership, the guys were hand tied. They pretty much had a fixed deal.

Last edited by HillMan : 9th December 2013 at 20:44.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 12:43   #21

Re: Nissan begins selling cars online in India

The online booking has begun at www.nissan.in/gosf on 11th Dec with GOSF offers.
Offering a benefits upto 2.2 lacs!
Pajero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 15:16   #22
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Nissan India are offering a "Red Voucher" worth Rs. 10,000 on every purchase initiated online. This voucher can be used for accessories purchased from Nissan dealers.

At the moment, Nissan are also taking part in GOSF or the "Great Online Shopping Festival" initiated by Google to encourage online shopping and e-commerce in India. There are mouth-watering deals available till the end of the festival (it has been extended by one day, I believe).

The newly launched Terrano gets only the 10k voucher. Micra Active is available with a discount of 5k, plus the 10k voucher. Facelifted Micra gets total benefits of up to 40k and the Sunny up to 75k on some variants.

The slow-selling Evalia is available with a whopping 2.3 lac rupee offer , which makes it much cheaper than its badge-engineered cousin with less features, the Ashok Leyland Stile. If this is difficult enough to believe, then be prepared for this - the Teana XL is available with a flat discount of Rs. 5.5 lacs, plus the 10k voucher, adding up to a benefit of a scarcely believable Rs. 5,60,000 or 1/4th of the car's price.

If anyone is grabbing one of these mouth watering deals, do update us on the overall purchase experience for Nissan's new online shopping facility.
RSR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 18:53   #23
BHPian

The voucher for online shopping was expected. Are the cash discounts also only for online shopping?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks