Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2013, 16:41   #1
BHPian

Tata’s Composite Car Concept - Designed by Marcello Gandini

Wish Tata will come up with a new technology which is reliable, safe and serviceable.

Quote:
Tata’s Composite Car Concept - Designed by Marcello Gandini-quattroruotefeaturetataprotoypedecember2013pic2.jpg

Tata is working on an innovative super-secret car – the secret being its materials and the production technology. So secretive, in fact, that at the very last moment it was decided not to introduce the concept at the 2013 Geneva Motor Show. It was deemed to have been premature, and there would have been a serious risk of giving away ideas to competition. Another reason could be a more banal economic question. Following the Nano’s failure, things at Tata aren’t exactly going according to plan (with the exception of Jaguar Land Rover that is) – as a result, the investments are currently earmarked for bolstering the current range. However you look at it though, you get the sense that this new car will be of high strategic value for the future of Tata Motors.

So, here’s a preview of this groundbreaking vehicle. For starters, this is a global project, as opposed to the Nano. As a result, the Italian influence behind the design is clearly evident. Behind the innovative bodywork, in fact, there appears to be the hand of none other than Marcello Gandini – father of the Lamborghini Miura. He refused to comment, but ... ...
Read more: http://www.autox.in/feature/tatas-secret-car/

Disclaimer: I have just read it online, have not done any research on the topic. I am just posting this as a source of information for fellow members. I have searched the topic on T-BHP and could find any thing close to this topic.

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th December 2013 at 11:40. Reason: Adding quote + picture + link to original source (AutoX)
Ritzvxi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2013, 23:25   #2
BHPian

Re: Tata’s Composite Car Concept - Designed by Marcello Gandini

Is this going to be a followon to the megapixel concept for AutoExpo 2014
Old 16th December 2013, 05:26   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Concept only, or ... ?

first impression:
1. Bottom heavy.
2. The rear reminds me of the Pontiac Aztec. I hope this doesnt go the same way.
Old 16th December 2013, 06:16   #4
Senior - BHPian

Oh yet another Tata concept. Will it ever see the light of day? Made of polymers? Time will tell whether it is another of those unworkable ideas like the compressed air engine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks