Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2014, 08:01   #1
Senior - BHPian

Noida: Online vehicle registration from March 2014

This is too good and true to happen to motorists !!

Found this article in TOI, dated: 27/02/2014.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/31062912.cms

Election gimmick or not, definitely a relief for 2nd hand car owners. I hope the online process handles the re-registration (ownership transfer) of vehicles too, and not just new vehicles.

A few lines from the news article.
Quote:
Officials claimed that the system would allow registration numbers to be provided in just three days instead of a week, while also ending corruption.
The dealer will apply and obtain vehicle number for an applicant through online process
Officials said Noida is the first city in the state that is adopting the facility before the general elections. "In the next phases, this system will be implemented in other districts in UP," said Yaduvanshi, adding that the manual process would not be phased out. "We are focusing on more dealers participating in the online system. Once streamlined, we will allot VVIP numbers online".
Soumyajit9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 14:21   #2
BHPian

Re: Noida: Online vehicle registration from March 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
This is too good and true to happen to motorists !!

Found this article in TOI, dated: 27/02/2014.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/31062912.cms

Election gimmick or not, definitely a relief for 2nd hand car owners. I hope the online process handles the re-registration (ownership transfer) of vehicles too, and not just new vehicles.

A few lines from the news article.
Thanks for sharing this piece of news Soumyajit!
This is unbelievable that they decided to move this over to being an online process. The kind of extra money the Noida RTO has been charging these days is huge. Of the last couple of cars that I have purchased and registered as UP16, the Honda dealer charged me approximately 1.5 k as "kharcha-paani" for the RTO which was okay as compared to the net registration cost for the vehicle.
Circa December 2013, I purchased a Ford Figo and blame it on my oversight, Noida Ford(the dealer) had quoted an amount which was 6k more than the receipt I got for registration charges. When asked they asked "itna to dena hi padhta hain". More than the money, I was rather pissed off with the dealer for not mentioning the add-on charges he had quiety put into the price list.Note this 6k was not for any special number.
Hope this changes things for the better and the Noida RTO stops issuing the 19th century ration-card like RC's for new cars and introduce high security number plates.
Baddychat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 15:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Thanks for sharing this piece of news Soumyajit!
This is unbelievable that they decided to move this over to being an online process. The kind of extra money the Noida RTO has been charging these days is huge. Of the last couple of cars that I have purchased and registered as UP16, the Honda dealer charged me approximately 1.5 k as "kharcha-paani" for the RTO which was okay as compared to the net registration cost for the vehicle.
Circa December 2013, I purchased a Ford Figo and blame it on my oversight, Noida Ford(the dealer) had quoted an amount which was 6k more than the receipt I got for registration charges. When asked they asked "itna to dena hi padhta hain". More than the money, I was rather pissed off with the dealer for not mentioning the add-on charges he had quiety put into the price list.Note this 6k was not for any special number.
Hope this changes things for the better and the Noida RTO stops issuing the 19th century ration-card like RC's for new cars and introduce high security number plates.
I think your experience has more to do with the dealer rather than RTO kharchha paani. Over the last two years I've got hypothecation removed from the RCs of two UP16 registered cars via two different dealers and I spent between 1.5k to 2k per car, which included the dealer's charges for getting the job done.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 16:25   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
I think your experience has more to do with the dealer rather than RTO kharchha paani. Over the last two years I've got hypothecation removed from the RCs of two UP16 registered cars via two different dealers and I spent between 1.5k to 2k per car, which included the dealer's charges for getting the job done.
Okay so I also have removed hypothecation from my RC and got it done pretty cheap without even going through the dealer.
What do you do when you go to buy a car and realize that you paid 5-6 k for under-table charges after you get the receipt for a new regstration?
Old 27th February 2014, 16:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Okay so I also have removed hypothecation from my RC and got it done pretty cheap without even going through the dealer.
What do you do when you go to buy a car and realize that you paid 5-6 k for under-table charges after you get the receipt for a new regstration?
Complain to the company and hope they take up the case and make the dealer refund some of the money. You did say it was an oversight but ideally one should clarify everything while one still has some bargaining power and can threaten to cancel the order.
Old 29th February 2016, 10:56   #6
BHPian

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle8291892.ece
Get your vehicle registration number online from March 1
VISAKHAPATNAM:

Now, the registration number will be delivered to your registered e-mail ID within 24 hours. A first in the State, RTA all set to launch the facility in city.

The days of making rounds to the Regional Transport Authority (RTA) Office for vehicle registration number are going to end soon.

Now, the registration number will be delivered to your registered e-mail ID within 24 hours of buying the vehicle.

Sounds interesting?

The online registration of vehicles will be launched for the first time in the State in Visakhapatnam on March 1.

The trial runs are already on, and the launch is expected for a smooth take off on Tuesday.

“Reliance is providing Internet connectivity for the Visakhapatnam RTA Office, located at Madhavadhara in the city. The project connectivity testing has been completed. RTA employees and all the 48 automobile dealers under its jurisdiction have been trained on the new system and given dealer login IDs,” Transport Commissioner N. Balasubrahmanyam told The Hindu on Saturday.

“Those buying vehicles from automobile dealers, under the purview of the Visakhapatnam RTA located at Madhavadhara, will have to invariably carry a proof of their identity while going to the automobile dealer. The original ID proof can be a passport, Aadhaar card, PAN card, or any other acceptable ID.”

“A valid document bearing the latest residential address of the buyer is mandatory if the address mentioned on the ID proof has changed. In addition, PAN card is compulsory for registration of commercial vehicles. The documents would have to be uploaded at the automobile showroom itself immediately on buying of the vehicle,” he said.

LLR kiosks

LLR kiosks, installed in Vijayawada recently, have earned the appreciation of Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu as it would enable even a computer illiterate applicant to take the LLR (learner’s license) test without any difficulty. “Testing of the LLR kiosks would begin during the first week of March. They would come into operation soon,” Mr. Balasubrahmanyam said. “Cameras have been installed at the Driving Track at Gannavaram in Vijayawada for the first time in the State. The cameras would capture the driving skills of the motorist as a proof of having taken the test,” he said.

“Around 8 lakh of the total 10 lakh vehicles in Visakhapatnam district are ‘non-transport’ (personal vehicles). Around 40,000 vehicles (including 34,000 non-transport) are being added every year and a vast majority of them are registered in the city,” says Deputy Transport Commissioner S. Venkateswara Rao.

Salient features

Number to be delivered to registered e-mail ID within 24 hours of buying the vehicle

Those purchasing vehicles should carry an ID proof such as passport, Aadhaar card, PAN card

The ID proof should bear the latest residential address of the buyer

The automobile dealer would upload the documents immediately on purchase of the vehicle

Moderators:Post#352 under ARTICLE: How to sell a *USED* car in India may please be deleted as it is posted under a wrong thread
Thanks

Last edited by virgopal : 29th February 2016 at 11:20. Reason: Request to Moderators
Old 29th February 2016, 11:24   #7
BHPian

@ Mods, Is it possible to change the thread title to make it generic (in terms of location & date/year)?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks