Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2016, 13:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Rumour: Honda CR-V Diesel coming in 2015. EDIT: Imported for R&D

Honda CR-V Diesel imported into India for R&D

Thank you to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts!

A single unit of the Honda CR-V Diesel has been imported into India for R&D purpose. A Zauba search reveals that a white coloured CR-V Diesel arrived in India on the 16th August from the United Kingdom.

The Zauba data further mentions that the imported model is powered by a 1.6-litre diesel engine. In the European markets, the CR-V is offered with this 1,597 cc i-DTEC diesel engine, which is available in two states of tune: 118 BHP and 300 Nm of torque, and 158 BHP and 350 Nm of torque. This engine is mated to either a 6-speed manual or a 9-speed automatic transmission.

India is expected to get the 118 BHP rated 1.6-litre diesel engine with a 6-speed manual gearbox. It will likely be available with a two-wheel drive setup.

Once launched, the Honda CR-V Diesel will go in head-on competition against the upcoming Hyundai Tucson and the Jeep C-SUV which is expected to be launched in India next year.

Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D-unnamed.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 18th August 2016 at 13:11.
dZired is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 15:07   #17
BHPian

re: Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D

This must be the longest running joke ever! Every year we get very excited at the prospect of honda finally releasing the diesel CRV.

I can remember the Autocar list of potential new launches featuring this 'launch' for the last couple of years.
Old 18th August 2016, 15:56   #18
Team-BHP Support

Unless they're willing to undercut its petrol sibling's price tag by a good margin, I don't see how this thing will ever sell in India.

Why would someone want to pay ~30L OTR for this (probably more), considering one could have 80% of what this car offers for around 20 lacs? Refinement will also be a concern with the iDTEC.

As good a rep as CR-V may have amongst loyalists, it won't sell so dangerously close to Fortuner/Endeavour territory.

P.S. I did say in this very thread earlier that a small(er) engine alone shouldn't be a deal-breaker, but the market has moved on a lot since then. And I don't believe Honda will price this close(r) to 20 lacs anyway.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 18th August 2016 at 16:07.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2016, 16:07   #19
BHPian

I don't think the current gen CR-V is going to get a diesel in India. The next gen CR-V is just two years away.

My guess is that they're testing this engine for use in their offerings above the City, like the Civic, HR-V, and possibly the next gen Accord and CR-V.

After this news, I firmly believe that the Civic will come with this 1.6 i-DTEC next year. I just hope that it's in the 158bhp tune though.

Also, I hope that the next gen City gets this 1.6 i-DTEC in the 118 bhp tune, leaving the 1.5 i-DTEC for the Amaze.

Last edited by Aaron:) : 18th August 2016 at 16:14.
Old 18th August 2016, 23:54   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron:) View Post
I don't think the current gen CR-V is going to get a diesel in India. The next gen CR-V is just two years away.
Current version of Honda CRV is in its fag end of the Life Cycle. May be Honda wants to bring the old dyes to India, manufacture the vehicle here and sell it for a premium.
Superleggera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 08:49   #21
BHPian

AFAIK Honda is working on bringing the 7 seat version and DSL to India next year.
The extended version (7 seat) has already been testing in Europe
image source: Autoexpress
Attached Thumbnails
Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D-hondacrv003.jpg  

Old 27th February 2017, 16:17   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D

The all-new, 5th gen Honda CR-V will be offered in a 7-seater configuration and a 1.6L diesel engine for the very first time by Honda for the ASEAN markets.

Out of the two tunes for the 1.6L i-DTEC, the 1.6L, 1597cc diesel shortlisted for India pumps out 118BHP of power and 300Nm of torque, while offering excellent fuel economy figures in the range of 22-23 kmpl.

Scheduled to make it's debut in Thailand shortly, the ASEAN-spec 5th-gen CR-V is expected to be launched in India by early next year.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 27th February 2017 at 16:23.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 16:48   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Out of the two tunes for the 1.6L i-DTEC, the 1.6L, 1597cc diesel shortlisted for India pumps out 118BHP of power and 300Nm of torque, while offering excellent fuel economy figures in the range of 22-23 kmpl.
Aren't these like extremely under-powered specs for a vehicle of that size and segment. Kind of an Altis diesel like approach to the product?
Old 27th February 2017, 16:57   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Aren't these like extremely under-powered specs for a vehicle of that size and segment. Kind of an Altis diesel like approach to the product?
Shame that they are not considering the 160BHP/350Nm one for India (which the rest of the ASEAN market will get), because it has been deemed "too expensive", and will make the CR-V atrociously priced.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 17:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ed-404285.aspx

Looks much better then the current CR-V. It is going to be a 5+2 too.
Old 27th February 2017, 17:42   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Shame that they are not considering the 160BHP/350Nm one for India (which the rest of the ASEAN market will get), because it has been deemed "too expensive", and will make the CR-V atrociously priced.
Are we sure we're getting the lower powered engine? The autocar link doesn't categorically state this I think and only refers to the more powerful engine.

I simply can't imagine how they will justify price when the entire competition houses more powerful engines at well below 35-40 lakh on road. Not to mention by that time we'll have more competitors like Tiguan, Kodiaq, Jeep, possibly at a comparable price point.
Old 27th February 2017, 17:45   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Are we sure we're getting the lower powered engine? The autocar link doesn't categorically state this I think and only refers to the more powerful engine.

I simply can't imagine how they will justify price when the entire competition houses more powerful engines at well below 35-40 lakh on road. Not to mention by that time we'll have more competitors like Tiguan, Kodiaq, Jeep, possibly at a comparable price point.
Autocar link does say 1.6 liter engine but also says it is good enough for 158 BHP.
Old 28th February 2017, 08:44   #28
Senior - BHPian

The main reason why Honda is offering the CR-V Diesel for ASEAN Markets is because Honda India imports kits from Thailand. Till now, Thai Spec CR-V only had a 2.0 & 2.4 iVTEC Engine Options. The same engines were carried to the Indian Spec CR-V.

With the introduction of Diesel CR-V, the sole purpose for this could be our Indian Market, where the Diesel SUV's are more popular than Petrol one's. The lack of Diesel Option resulted in sales of CR-V being below Average. But now, things could change.

I hope they offer both the engine options, 118 BHP 2WD & 160 BHP AWD with AT. The 2WD can be priced lower & the 4WD with AT can be priced at a premium. Even if they offer just Diesel Option, one would be happy I guess. Since this segment doesn't beg for a Petrol Heart.

Last edited by CarguyNish : 28th February 2017 at 08:46.
Old 3rd March 2017, 20:01   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Launching in Thailand by end March, 2017 Honda CR-V will get 1.6L i-DTEC Turbo diesel engine, nine-speed automatic transmission.
With the nine-speed auto, the fuel consumption is claimed to be at 18.9 km/l, while the CO2 emission rate is at 141 g/km.

Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D-1.jpg
Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D-2.jpg
Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D-4.jpg
Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D-5.jpg
Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D-6.jpg
Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D-7.jpg
Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D-8.jpg
Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D-9.jpg
Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D-10.jpg
Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D-3.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 3rd March 2017 at 20:02.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2017, 20:13   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda has released a set of teasers for it's 7-seater version of the CR-V, scheduled to be launched in the Thailand market with a 1.6L diesel option.

Quote:
The first and most important is the addition of a third row of seats (the US-market version is a five-seater only), making it the first-ever seven-seater CR-V. Also seen is the lack of a traditional gearlever, replaced by an NSX-style selector with buttons for P, R, N and D.

Honda also highlighted the new 1.6 litre i-DTEC turbodiesel engine, which makes 160 hp at 4,000 rpm and 350 Nm of torque at 2,000 rpm. Paired to it is a nine-speed automatic transmission – both the new mill and gearbox originally made their debut on the facelifted version of the outgoing European-market CR-V.
Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D-hondacrvthailandteaser8e14891213105391200x504.png

Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D-hondacrvthailandteaser7e14891214318961200x646.png

Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D-hondacrvthailandteaser41200x750.png

Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D-hondacrvthailandteaser5e14891213955341200x675.png

Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D-hondacrvthailandteaser2e1489121355903.png

Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D-hondacrvthailandteaser3e14891212259441200x675.png

Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D-hondacrvthailandteaser11200x750.png

Honda CR-V Diesel coming? EDIT: Now imported for R&D-hondacrvthailandteaser91200x750.png

Paul Tan's Blog
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks