Team-BHP - When is Getz Crdi gonna hit roads??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   When is Getz Crdi gonna hit roads?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/14915-when-getz-crdi-gonna-hit-roads-2.html)

I am a to-be Petra (petrol) owner. I booked my car just yesterday. And I just don't like Hyundai cars. Sorry if Hyundai owners have taken offence. ;)

P.S. It is all a matter of head-versus-heart. In my case I was apprehensive about owning a Fiat (my head ruled then) but once I drove the Petra, my head agreed too.

And when it comes to people who choose cars for the soul of the car and not just practical day to day issues, Fiat cars are way up there.

But then how does an Indian CRDi Engine going to be

Quote:

I would also be interested in knowing how many of those that recommend cars actually own the cars or have evaluated them before buying other products themselves.

Sorry to disappoint you but I am a Fiat palio owner who will recommend the car anyday anytime over the junk korean and Japanese cars. I owned both Jap and korean hatches before i went in for the Palio and the car feels light years ahead of those oriental "geniuses".
And by the way, extending your question, i would like to ask how many people who talk so authoritatively about poor ASS of fiat have actually experienced it? Ironically, most of the ppl who make comments on Poor ASS of fiat are non-fiat owners yet their opinions are taken seriously but when a genuine fiat owner says something nice about the company no-one believes him!

One of Mico's GMs told me in person that Mico makes the CRDi injector rails for the Accent. That would suggest that the engines do NOT come all the way from the US

Quote:

After using this forum for a while now it would seem like the Palio is the answer to all automotive problems....the answer to ALL queries, whether on economy or on performance or cost to maintain or styling seem to be Petra/Palio, Petra/Palio, Petra/Palio.

Looks like we have a serious mindset issue here. Gentlemen, there are other cars out there, and about 99% of them are doing better at the market than the Petra/Palio.
Enthusiasts think differently than do regular buyers. And we applaud the product, not the sales/service experience. Fortunately or unfortunately - product positioning, the dealer experience and company health are as important as the product. And thats why their products are doing such miserable numbers. I am the first to acknowledge that Fiat Indias products are supreme...but the company (and subsequently its activities) are at the other end of the scale.

As many have already outlined, the reason that Palios and Petras do not have too many owners (on Team-BHP and off it) are many and not restricted to the product.

If you think about it, there is any "bad" car on the Indian market today save for the San storm and the odd example. Each one has a reason to sell, and each customer has his/her own reason to buy. 118NE's and Ambassadors are no longer mass sellers. Butttttttttttttttttttttt enthusiasts will care for the finer attributes like build quality, ride and handling, fit and finish etc and will probably be willing to pay a premium for them.

If the mindset is in tune with reality, why not? Compare the Palio to its competition. For us, it is leagues ahead. Ditto for the Petra in its price bracket.

GTO

Hey guyz...

Any idea when is Getz Crdi to be launched?

Is Verna on it's way?? I read the August autocar mag, it says getz will be avaliable with 82 ps, 3 cyl, CRDi. And new Hyundai Verna (New accent) with 102 ps...

Any other hatch back's (Diesel) before this year end?? Throw some light plz guyz...

Jai

Yes, even I want to know when Getz Crdi is going to be launched. I am trying to persuade my dad to replace the Corsa with Swift JTd or Getz Crdi......

The Getz would get a 4 cylin 19493cc detuned engine which is teh same as what Verna would have but with some 110bhp.

Tehn we have the Palio(?) or Grand Punto, Xing( 08 or so) with 75bhp diesel pot !, Aveo diesel, Indica Dicor! etc etc.

How much dey may quote for it..?

thanks pioneer...

Well, I guess swift D will be out soon. I called maruthi guyz and was told that they are expecting it to be by end of 2006.

Have they started manufacturing the diesel engines? i am hearing the same story since they stopped Zen D & Esteem D.

Will Getz 1.4 Crdi be fun than 1.3 L multijet?

Hmm... lets wait...

Cheers,
Jai

Well MUL is putting up a new plant for the diesel engines , expect the plant to be operational by October this year - so Im guessing that the diesel powered cars to roll out in the 1st quarter of 2007.

Note from support team: Thread merged.

Before Getz is launched, Verna is coming this september with same CRDi engine and expected price is 6 lakhs (according to autocar july issue). So why get Getz take Verna... i am waiting impatiently for its launch.... But Getz will be launched with CRDi next year (this is also in autocar issue of Jully).

Udit

Quote:

Originally Posted by drifter
Not too soon im afraid. The current CRDi engines are imported from detroit diesel, usa. Unless they are manufactured in India...they cannot be competively priced. So if hyundai were to launch the Getz CRDi now, then they would have to price it way more than any buyer would pay for a hatchback.
Its all about economics. So the getz crdi is "atleast" a year away if not more.

Drifter

drifter,

Detroit Diesel opened up a new plant in Bangalore abt a year ago on Hosur Road near Navnit Motors (BMW). While it doesn't seem large enough from the outside to be a complete in-house manfucaturing facility, I suspect they'll be assembling CRDi pumps there in CKD format, reducing the cost of the Getz Crdi to quite an extent

Quote:

Originally Posted by satish_appasani
Don't wait for the CRDI. Instead put your money on a Palio D.

A sales man mentioned that CRDI whenever it comes to market, may cost 1 lakh more than the fully loaded petrol verson.

thats the reason i dont visit team-bhp much these days(no offences meant),i dont find 1.9 engine in the palio any good compared to the new age common rails,and after that heavy controls and poor A.S.S,why should anyone but that car,i know the steering is nice and handling is good but what use is the handling if the car takes so much time to get to the ton.