Team-BHP - Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/150562-scoop-updated-tata-safari-storme-offing-edit-now-launched-49.html)

Checked out the face-lifted Storme at Concorde Motors in Bangalore (Dairy Circle showroom) today. The plastic quality felt better, steering wheel - tad bit smaller for my liking (liked the current setup on VX - with the media controls on the stalk). The analogue clock is also gone. :(

Anyway, the pricing is is out, its quite similar to the Older storme. The EX and VX 4X2 are expensive by 3-4k (OTR), while VX 4X4 by almost 10k (OTR).

Autocar's review of 2015 Tata Safari Storme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b7bdAsQxs8

Quote:

Originally Posted by damodar (Post 3706502)
Why can't Autocar India get a 2wd storme to test or is TATA motors unwilling to provide one. A 4wd will be slower by at least a second compared

I have a 4WD Scorpio and a 2WD Scorpio, the new or the old gen does feel fast, haven't measured, but seat of the pants feel don't lie when you drive 'em back to back and there anyways is the ~100kgs penalty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 3707275)
Any tests which gives rankings to SUVs based on 1 second here and there is not telling you anything about the competence of the vehicles, but about the incompetence of the reviewer.

+1

I will miss the clock, considering I have been using [passenger, a friend has this] the very first of 2.2 VTT from the past 7 years. Have been using other Safari/Storme as well.

With the 4X4 rotary know up in the lower portion of dash, does it free up some space/cubbyhole? Mahindra, see this. Driving aids should be on the dashboard. What if an ignorant passenger flips the 4WD mode to 4L on the move?

To all Storme owners in Mumbai! Does anybody know of a good reliable Service center with a responsible team of mechanics who will make sure that the car is serviced properly.

Attaching the New Storme brochure here.

And also the current pricelist. As mentioned above, the new varients are expensive by 4k-10k.

Can anyone upload the delhi ncr price list as well please?

Existing safari owners will get 60k discount if they opt to buy the new storme.
The price of new storme is 4k more than the existing.
Storme lx will be cheaper as it is attracting tax cut being a 5 seater.

Spoke to a couple of dealers here in Delhi. They're raising performa invoices and giving quotes on the current prices only. In fact they're starting with deliveries tomorrow!

So much for the official launch then.clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by arjunmenon (Post 3708664)
To all Storme owners in Mumbai! Does anybody know of a good reliable Service center with a responsible team of mechanics who will make sure that the car is serviced properly.

Try the Concorde Worli centre. Originally TCRS. Off Dr. E. Moses Road. Near the Four Seasons Hotel.
Ask specifically for Javed or Prakash as your SA.
They have some good technicians under them.
The CRM is Vaishali, Above her Mr. Lohith & GM is Mr. Rajagowda Patil.
All of them are responsive and pro-active (should the need arise)
Can book appointment on their site (with pick-up) or call on 02266280900

I would insist that you go there the first time atleast.

Avoid Vama Motors, Chunabhatti at all costs. Do not even step in there for free. You will end up paying a heavy price.
It seems Wasan has improved to some extent. I still avoid it like the plague. Have got 1-2 'ok-ok' reviews about them in recent times.

You may take the chance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v_safari (Post 3708850)
The price of new storme is 4k more than the existing.
Storme lx will be cheaper as it is attracting tax cut being a 5 seater.

Exactly. This is a good call from TML, I must add. I assumed (as per previous TML pricing strategy; TML did learn their lesson from 1st gen ARIA) that the 2nd gen Storme would be priced at-least 70k - 1L above the current one, especially with upgraded 'ConnectNext' ICE (PS - They stripped all Storme varients off HU/4 Speakers & Leather seats in 2014) and Steering mounted controls, etc.

Couple of things I noticed in the Demo vehicle,

Waiting for the TD vehicles to arrive at Bangalore Concorde.. clap:

Any news on the launch date?
My vehicle is at the Concorde yard since last week and am told that they have to wait for the official launch before delivery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbox360 (Post 3711797)
Any news on the launch date?
My vehicle is at the Concorde yard since last week and am told that they have to wait for the official launch before delivery.

Jatin take a pic of odo to ensure they don't use it for td. Hope you get it before 30 May :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by himanshugoswami (Post 3711809)
Jatin take a pic of odo to ensure they don't use it for td. Hope you get it before 30 May :)

Yeah I remembered this post visiting the yard last week :Frustrati .
Will ask the sales guy to take a snap and send it to me.

I too hope I get it before the 30th :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by himanshugoswami (Post 3711809)
Jatin take a pic of odo to ensure they don't use it for td.

What if they simply remove the odo cable, as they usually do?

Quote:

Originally Posted by directinjection (Post 3711907)
What if they simply remove the odo cable, as they usually do?

Not much I can do except asking for a different vehicle than the one they have currently planned for me!