Team-BHP - Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/150562-scoop-updated-tata-safari-storme-offing-edit-now-launched-59.html)

Congratulations on the latest Safari. May you and family enjoy the beast, and may she serve you for a long long time to come and bring good tidings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Familyguy (Post 3724320)
OK, so I managed to get my Storme home yesterday! It was supposed to be delivered on Sunday, but once I came to know the car is in the dealer's yard, I tried all tricks in the book to get it delivered, and they worked! So all my earlier complaints about the dealer and delay in delivery are null and void since he redeemed himself!

Cheers!
Familyguy

Quote:

Originally Posted by varunanb (Post 3726951)
Thanks Steeroid. Your logic is perfect. We do not want to sell CiviC unless I get an offer I cannot refuse lol:.

However Safari is an emotional decision and cannot get it out of my head. I do not prefer a Hyundai / Renault nissan / Maruti. So the other options are ruled out. An SUV below 20 Lakhs has to be a Safari. Im not even considering XUV for a test drive. Will have to decide in the next couple of weeks. Lets see how it goes:).

If your finances are ok and if you are so much hung up on Safari, I would say go ahead and buy a Safari. Why not? Always listen to your heart. You will not regret. Even if you regret after buying it for some reasons like mechanical problems etc. you can always look back and say, "at least I fulfilled a long-standing desire.". Not fulfilling a desire is worse than fulfilling it and regretting it. If you regret in both the cases then why not do it and then regret? :) I always do that. And at the end of the day, car is only an object. Do not like it? Cut your losses, sell it and get out. And if you had bought it used, chances are you will get your full money back if you sell it within 3 months ( provided you hadn't paid through your nose in the first place while buying it). Heck, there are so many things in this world that we want to do and cannot for various reasons. Mostly financial. But if there is a thing within your means and if you WANT it, then g-r-a-b it. Well, that's me.

BTW, a Safari is ideal for our might-is-right highways. You will feel a lot more secure than you would in Civic or any other sedan. And traffic parts for this beast. I'm on lookout for a used Scorpio automatic myself for the same reason. If Safari had come in AT variant, I would have probably owned one by now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by varunanb (Post 3726734)
But your suggestion is tilting me in favour of going ahead with the purchase.

You live only once :)

Below 20L, there are only two trucks, I got a 4WD Scorpio S10 and not the Storme for various reasons, primary being incompetence & lackluster attitude of Tata ASC at my place. Like you, XUV was not really in contention. Have never really warmed up to it yet. I wanted a truck, have had enough of monocoques.

Go ahead and get the VX 4X4 if you can. Am sure you gonna love the experience :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by varunanb (Post 3726951)
So the other options are ruled out. An SUV below 20 Lakhs has to be a Safari. Im not even considering XUV for a test drive. Will have to decide in the next couple of weeks. Lets see how it goes:).

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgsagar (Post 3726978)
If your finances are ok and if you are so much hung up on Safari, I would say go ahead and buy a Safari. Why not? Always listen to your heart. You will not regret.

Very True pgsagar. Doing what the heart says is always better, even in a loss you feel better. The wait is very long almost since the launch. I really want to satisfy my desire and concentrate on other work.

Now it is in my wife's hands. She is scheduled to try the second row this Saturday. I hope she makes the right decision please:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by varunanb (Post 3727132)

Now it is in my wife's hands. She is scheduled to try the second row this Saturday. I hope she makes the right decision please:.

Pull out the central arm-rest, ask her to wear seat-belts & drive straight. Don't think there is other formula.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 3727153)
Pull out the central arm-rest, ask her to wear seat-belts & drive straight. Don't think there is other formula.

Yes. Thats the plan. She once travelled in a Q3 and felt the second row to be claustrophobic. She likes Civic's bench though. So i'm confident with the bigger glasses and extra comfortable bench in Storme, the decision is innevitableclap:.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Just caught this 10 minutes ago in karol bagh. Is this just the owners fixation or has been received as is from the company.

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvtandon (Post 3727197)
Just caught this 10 minutes ago in karol bagh. Is this just the owners fixation or has been received as is from the company.

This is a variant of Bolero. Came long before Tata came out with the Storme.

There is a ownership thread here as well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...new-heart.html

Went yesterday to Wasan Mumbai to td the Storme. Forget td, they dont even have a display car. Tata doesnt seem interested in selling anything it seems. The dealership too seemed uninterested.

So i went to checkout Mahindra.
The xuv looks pretty good on the inside, quite upmarket and luxurious. The outside plastics seem to have come off some cheap roadside chinese toys, especially the chrome fittings.
If the xuv came with slightly better ground clearance with an AT, i would consider the W8. No xuv available for TD.

Then saw the Scorpio S10. It looks pretty nice from the outside. Thats where it all ends. Inside, feels crammed if you have driven a Safari before. Too jazzy on the inside. Chrome bits here and there and everywhere are an eyesore. The ac absolutely sucks. With 3 occupants at 4pm in Mumbai the blower was on full and we were all sweating. At full speed the blower sounds like a vaccum cleaner. The max setting of the ac blower on the Scorpio = 2nd setting(out of 4) on the Safari, without any blower noise in the Safari upto 3rd setting. I wonder how even 5 adults can have a pleasant sweat free drive in summer, and this was a 7 seater on test.

The Scorpio engine feels very smooth and very tractable. The small turning radius is absolutely awesome. The ride is very bouncy in the city and highway manners at 110 kph are not at all confidence inspiring. The Scorpio is definitely not a mile muncher for long highway drives. Also noted wind noise at 110kph which will increase if driven at higher speeds. High speed wind noise is one of my primary criteria for vehicle selection. A silent cabin is a boon for long drives. The Safari Dicor has a very noisy cabin above 110kph. I wonder if the same is carried forward to the Storme.

Braking from 110 kph in the Scorpio resulted in steering judder. Scorpio td vehicle had 10800 kms on the odometer. The door closing sound on the Scorpio sounds very tinny compared to even the Xylo, which shuts with a nice almost german like thud.

Waiting for a Storme td vehicle to show up when Tata decides they are ready to sell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves (Post 3727215)
Went yesterday to Wasan Mumbai to td the Storme. Forget td, they dont even have a display car. Tata doesnt seem interested in selling anything it seems. The dealership too seemed

Then saw the Scorpio S10. It looks pretty nice from the outside. Thats where it all ends.
Inside, feels crammed if you have driven a Safari before. Too jazzy on the inside. Chrome bits here and there and everywhere are an eyesore. The ac absolutely sucks. With 3 occupants at 4pm in Mumbai the blower was on full and we were all sweating. At full speed the blower sounds like a vaccum cleaner. The max setting of the ac blower on the Scorpio = 2nd setting(out of 4) on the Safari, without any blower noise in the Safari upto 3rd setting. I wonder how even 5 adults can have a pleasant sweat free drive in summer, and this was a 7 seater on test.

Highway mile munching
Excellent confidence inspiring braking
Fatigue free long distance drives
You should really wait for the storme test drive.

Don't let the stupid dealership change the decision.
Take extensive t d of both the xuv and the storme and decide based on your t d experience of the both machines.

Both are very different from each other, but based on your parameters you can decide.

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvtandon (Post 3727197)

OT.
That is the Bolero storm VLX with a CRDe engine, its been long since it was taken off production. Only a few of them were made.
Now the Mahindra Thar CRDe comes with the same power unit which the Bolero had.

Quote:

Went yesterday to Wasan Mumbai to td the Storme. Forget td, they dont even have a display car. Tata doesnt seem interested in selling anything it seems. The dealership too seemed uninterested.

That is true. Even when I went their attitude was poor. The only person responded was their security asking me not to part in front of the showroom. Was really humiliating when there was nobody to enquire.

But, I was expecting this.

Then a guy joined us and was really not interested in selling. Was just pouring the specs and features with lots of mistakes....the guy was literally confused.

No vehicle for display and test drive. Only the old storme was on display. Still fixed up the test drive for a Sunday. On Sunday morning thought I'll remind them. Then they say no driver available and had to reschedule.

Another showroom in chennai is even worse. The guy called me and understood I'm enquiring for a storme, said no vehicle for test drive and asked me to call and check the availability after a week?

After all this I still want the truck for the amazing road presence, superb ride and performance in the price band.

So pls wait for the test drive and decide.

Quote:

Went yesterday to Wasan Mumbai to test drive the Storme. Forget the test drive, they don't even have a display car. Tata does not seem interested in selling anything it seems. The dealership too seemed uninterested. Waiting for a Storme test drive vehicle to show up, when Tata decides they are ready to sell.

Dear Jaysmokesleaves and Varunanb - hello to you both and I apologize for your bad experiences. I have forwarded below message as required and shall ensure action on it. Please forward your contact numbers to me by PM.

Dear Moderators - you may modulate or delete this post if it breaches any forum process, I understand.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

"Quote"
Dear ----- Sir – hello to you once again after quite some time! I am copying and pasting “customer verbatim” comments of two prospective Safari Storme customers. It is indeed sad to see customers coming to our showrooms and not getting test drives / correct product information. I’ll be really grateful if you could kindly issue instructions to expedite the test drives and the information. I am obtaining both the customer contact details and will forward them to you as soon as I receive them, so that our people can then follow-up.
_____
Customer 1 verbatim: “went yesterday to Wasan Mumbai to test drive the Storme. Forget test drive, they don’t even have a display car. Tata does not seem interested in selling anything it seems. The dealership too seemed uninterested. Waiting for a Storme test drive vehicle to show up, when Tata decides they are ready to sell”.

Customer 2 verbatim: “that is true. Even when I went, their attitude was poor. The only person who responded was their security, asking me not to park in front of the showroom. It was really humiliating when there was nobody to enquire, but I was expecting this. Then a guy joined us and was really not interested in selling. He was just pouring the specifications and features with lots of mistakes, the guy was literally confused. There was no vehicle for display and test drive. Only the old Storme was on display, still I have fixed up the test drive for a Sunday. On Sunday morning, I thought I'll remind them, than they said “no driver available” and I had to reschedule. Another showroom in Chennai is even worse. The guy called me and understood that I am inquiring for a Storme, he said that there are no vehicles for test drives and asked me to call and check the availability after a week! After all this, I still want the Storme for the amazing road presence, superb ride and performance in the price band. So, please wait for the test drive and decide".
"Unquote".

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM (Post 3727630)
Dear Jaysmokesleaves and Varunanb - hello to you both and I apologize for your bad experiences. I have forwarded below message as required and shall ensure action on it. Please forward your contact numbers to me by PM.

Dear DB bhai, truly appreciate your very prompt intervention. I've PMed you my number.

Regards,

Jay

Quote:

Originally Posted by varunanb (Post 3727512)
That is true. Even when I went their attitude was poor. The only person responded was their security asking me not to part in front of the showroom. Was really humiliating when there was nobody to enquire.

Quote:

Oh no! I hope the expereience does not put you off! And as everyone is saying give the New Storme a chance.:)

As a previous Tata Indigo owner, I had a great experience with Pandit Automotive dealership in Pune for sales as well as service. And my recent TD and enquiry experience at Concorde Motors, Baner, was equally good. The front desk lady was quick to meet me as I walked in and got me a CSA assigned who took me through the new Storme and its specs in detail. He offered me a TD of the old version even though it was closing time and late.

I don't know how their service experience will be, but this does help. Not exactly a Honda/Toyota experience, but not bad either.