Team-BHP - Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/150562-scoop-updated-tata-safari-storme-offing-edit-now-launched-60.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM (Post 3727630)
Dear Jaysmokesleaves and Varunanb - hello to you both and I apologize for your bad experiences. I have forwarded below message as required and shall ensure action on it. Please forward your contact numbers to me by PM.

Add another to the list.

I had gone to Concorde Motors, Malad, Mumbai last Saturday (10th June 2015) to enquire and test drive the Storme and Aria. The sales folks were polite, however they did not have the updated Storme to test drive, neither did they have the pricing. I was told that there's a Storme at Concorde Prabhadevi and they would arrange for a test drive one of these days and call me. Neither did they have Aria for a test drive.

Not exactly the experience I expect from a company owned Dealership when I intend to plonk 17 big ones. This really put me off, have booked an XUV W10 AWD yesterday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM (Post 3727630)
Dear Jaysmokesleaves and Varunanb - hello to you both and I apologize for your bad experiences. I have forwarded below message as required and shall ensure action on it. Please forward your contact numbers to me by PM.

Behram Sir, I was also trying test drive a Storme for quite some time now. Every time I got immediate response from a call center situated in Jaipur but that's about it. Never got any call from any dealer in Gurgaon. So much so that home minister, who agreed after much persuasion, has turned down the proposal. I have no option but to keep swift till I get another option.
Tata lost a prospective customer but I hope you will give the feedback to them and ensure that they do not lose more in future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xistinchaos (Post 3727659)
Oh no! I hope the expereience does not put you off! And as everyone is saying give the New Storme a chance.:)

Never will I back off on buying a Storme. Maybe it doesnt happen now. But eventually I will buy a Storme. The only other SUV that I might consider is a Range Rover (Another Tata Product clap:) And I cannot afford one in the near future. Till then its a Storme lol:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sourabhzen (Post 3727730)
Behram Sir, I was also trying test drive a Storme for quite some time now. Every time I got immediate response from a call center situated in Jaipur but that's about it. Never got any call from any dealer in Gurgaon. So much so that home minister, who agreed after much persuasion, has turned down the proposal. I have no option but to keep swift till I get another option.
Tata lost a prospective customer but I hope you will give the feedback to them and ensure that they do not lose more in future.

There is a sales executive by the name of Devender at Aristo Motors Gurgaon, my colleagues have had a great experience while dealing with him. Why don't you call him at +91 96-43-200071

He knows about Team BHP and understands our quirks. clap: clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by maglev (Post 3727875)

Its not about being a BHPian and having quirks. Tata has to respond to every customer in the same way, BHPian or not. Imagine the plight if uve bought the Storme and then again have to pull strings to get proper service, which is your basic right in the first place.

My Safari is being serviced at TASS since 7 years. I have seen how people get pushed around at the whims of the SA's. Ive had to make repeat visits for one single job they could not do right the first time and also created some more problems in the process.

At the sales point, those people are the face of the company. If that experience is sour, then it makes the customer think twice. Many times, just good service at the sales and the post sales service is what wins customers and keeps them despite a product offering with quirks.

One more thing, after 4 years Tata stops making customer satisfaction calls, why?
Am i not paying the full labour cost and overrated parts price at the TASS?
Then why should i not get a customer satisfaction call once im outside warranty and a fully paying customer?

TATA needs to have a very good look at what happens to their customers after closing a sale.
This is what will make them different. Or else they will wash away all the little thats left of their generations old goodwill of the TATA name.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumithb (Post 3727663)

Not exactly the experience I expect from a company owned Dealership when I intend to plonk 17 big ones. This really put me off, have booked an XUV W10 AWD yesterday.

Dear Sumithb now that you have already booked the XUV , i will suggest before taking the delivery please do test drive the Face Lifted Storme,leaving aside your bad experience with the dealer but being purely focused on the vehicle that Storme is!

IMO the Storme is so so good that after driving it and believing it yourself , you might as well forgive the dealer and TML as a matter of fact for not having a Storme for display and test drive.

If you read my post carefully you will see i have mentioned the 'Storme' five times , thats how passionate i am about the Storme, now please make it six :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by SchumiFan (Post 3727211)
This is a variant of Bolero. Came long before Tata came out with the Storme.

There is a ownership thread here as well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...new-heart.html

Going OT, but this IMO was the best version of the Bolero, finally the SUV had the power (97bhp) what it always cried out for!! Mahindra being Mahindra, discontinued this version soon, to protect the ugly Xylo and the even uglier Quanto...

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosaf (Post 3728180)
Dear Sumithb now that you have already booked the XUV , i will suggest before taking the delivery please do test drive the Face Lifted Storme,leaving aside your bad experience with the dealer but being purely focused on the vehicle that Storme is!

IMO the Storme is so so good that after driving it and believing it yourself , you might as well forgive the dealer and TML as a matter of fact for not having a Storme for display and test drive.

If you read my post carefully you will see i have mentioned the 'Storme' five times , thats how passionate i am about the Storme, now please make it six :D

To test drive a vehicle it needs to be available! From what I been told there's just one in entire Bombay!

I'll be getting delivery of XUV in 10 days. I have zero confidence that the dealer would succeed in even arranging a test drive in that time frame!

I appreciate your enthusiasm, Storme definitely needs folk like you to keep it alive. As for me, that ship has sailed. I'll be in the market again 10 years from now, probably then :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by apachelongbow (Post 3728201)
Going OT, but this IMO was the best version of the Bolero, finally the SUV had the power (97bhp) what it always cried out for!! Mahindra being Mahindra, discontinued this version soon, to protect the ugly Xylo and the even uglier Quanto...

Agree. I was in the market for a Sumo/Bolero once. The Bolero I think has a pretty capable 4x4 as well right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by maglev (Post 3727875)
There is a sales executive by the name of Devender at Aristo Motors Gurgaon, my colleagues have had a great experience while dealing with him. Why don't you call him at +91 96-43-200071

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves (Post 3727986)
Its not about being a BHPian and having quirks. Tata has to respond to every customer in the same way, BHPian or not.

Totally agree with jaysmokesleaves.

Thank you maglev for the contact details but it is of little use now. It will be bit tough for me to convince my family now. I will be busy till next Sunday. If I succeed to change their mind by then, I will cal Devender or else there will be no Storme for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebonho (Post 3728312)
Agree. I was in the market for a Sumo/Bolero once. The Bolero I think has a pretty capable 4x4 as well right?

I believe that the Bolero Storm never had a 4 wheel drive version. It received the Scorpio's front end IFS and some coil over springs rear suspension to give it a better ride on the road.
I am no 4x4 expert, so I will leave it them to correct me here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebonho (Post 3728312)

OT:

Only in the barebones LX variant - no AC and no PS.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ro-lx-4x4.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ro-lx-4x4.html

Cheers,
Vikram

Quote:

Originally Posted by apachelongbow (Post 3728201)
Going OT, but this IMO was the best version of the Bolero, finally the SUV had the power (97bhp) what it always cried out for!! Mahindra being Mahindra, discontinued this version soon, to protect the ugly Xylo and the even uglier Quanto.

Dear Apachelongbow - allow me also to go a little OT (its OK once in a while, I guess :D).

Way back in February 2010, a certain child got born in Nasik plant and got registered as MH15CM6341. It was my Bolero VLX. It was by a huge margin, the fastest Bolero VLX in the country. I regularly used to fly past flatout driven company Scorpios on the Mumbai Nasik NH3 highway, outmanoeuvre and outbrake them also! And, my Bolero "did not have" 97BHP, it obviously had more "without sacrificing engineering or reliability"!

And by the way, Bolero VLX with the NEF engine was introduced to meet BS4 in its inertia class as there was no other engine capable of meeting it in 2010. The NEF was discontinued because the (archaic) DI engine also met BS4 after common-railing it and also because of the high cost of the NEF. It has nothing to do with Xylo or Quanto. I completely agree, that one of the best Boleros ever, is no longer made.

Dear Jay and Varun - I have forwarded your PM information, thanks guys!

Dear Sumithb and Sourabhzen - thanks for the information guys!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Went to the Tata showroom at Chd yesterday and checked the new storme. It's definitely a step up in every department as far as Dicor is concerned. They had the explorer version of earlier Storme as well, and the improvement in interiors is palpable in the new one, so thumbs up.

The downer is that although they are offering 60K on exchange with Dicor, but offering an atrociously low amount, almost 50K lower than what one would easily get from a dealer. Have a feeling they intend to pocket most of it :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by avisidhu (Post 3729068)
Went to the Tata showroom at Chd yesterday and checked the new storme. It's definitely a step up in every department as far as Dicor is concerned. They had the explorer version of earlier Storme as well, and the improvement in interiors is palpable in the new one, so thumbs up.

The downer is that although they are offering 60K on exchange with Dicor, but offering an atrociously low amount, almost 50K lower than what one would easily get from a dealer. Have a feeling they intend to pocket most of it :Frustrati

Here in delhi I checked with a few dealers and they affirmed that I could sell my car outside and still claim 70 percent(not an official figure)of the exchange bonus. They only needed to put in the registration details of my car into their system. Even I could not understand the logic but I guess they are thriving on the remaining 20-30 percent and giving this benefit. Check with a few dealers if they could do that over there.