Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2014, 21:06   #121
BHPian

Re: Why is Honda Brio not selling in big numbers?

During our recent purchase, the reasons what made us deter from going for the Brio was:

1. We were in the lookout for a practical hatchback (80% city driving, 20% highway). The glass hatch of the Brio did not feel safe (specially in cities like Kolkata).
2. Ground Clearance should be optimum - this was one of the primary factor. Given the ample number of poth holes and bumpers in West Bengal, loading a Brio to the brim would severely affect GC and may scrape bumpers.
3. Service Centers are less and far from my home.
4. The engine was the only good factor. Interiors shouted cost cutting at every angle.
5. Resale of the car may be difficult with Maruti and Hyundai ruling the used car scene specially in Kolkata.
Old 2nd August 2014, 21:11   #122
Senior - BHPian

You are absolutely right. I was rear ended by a bus once, and it was a hard impact as the driver was keen on jumping a signal when I braked. The bumper on my Zen perished under the impact with a rear light broken, and a small dent. But, that also speaks for the car's solid build which I doubt new cars have.

[quote=zenren;3495280]Not every rear ending will need you to replace rear glass and tailgate in case of regular hatchbacks. I've seen a lot of cars plying on our roads with big dents on the boot but without broken glass.
Old 2nd August 2014, 21:22   #123
BHPian

Absolutely true. My Zen has sustained impacts from cars with minor dents and scratches on bumpers. While we are paying a premium for bigger and better cars, but I doubt their reliability as compared to vehicles of earlier makes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
You are absolutely right. I was rear ended by a bus once, and it was a hard impact as the driver was keen on jumping a signal when I braked. The bumper on my Zen perished under the impact with a rear light broken, and a small dent. But, that also speaks for the car's solid build which I doubt new cars have.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks