Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2014, 10:51   #106
gemi_kk

Re: Reality check for VW: Lowers marketshare target for India

Looks like VW should Lower their market share target in other markets too.

http://247wallst.com/autos/2014/06/2...ge-16-in-june/

They are loosing volumes in US too. Their sales Volumes are decreasing Rapidly. The industry estimate says the auto sales will decline by 3.1% however VW share is declining at 16%. Reason: average problems per 100 cars stands at 128, way above industry average of 116.

Old 30th June 2014, 11:16   #107
Senior - BHPian

@Gemi

Very relevant stats
Where is this great global brand going wrong? Is it the wrong product mix or the attitude?

US "junta" is not forgiving and the laws are stringent. This is pretty serious stuff as you have 128 problems per 100 cars!!
Old 30th June 2014, 14:11   #108
BHPian

I think you guys make an excellent argument but this thread is for VW market share. I'd request you to figure out the right thread to continue this discussion.

As for VW, I wonder how their other sister brands are doing. Especially Audi. I am hearing good things about the A3 and I am sure that price also gets more profits. Maybe, they are thinking "why bother with cheaper brands while we can mint money with Audi and upscale brands that we have?".

They've always known that it's an uphill battle on the volume play. Think about it, they bring in the A3, price it at let's say 22-24L and bam! they are selling a re-badged Jetta at a 20-25% premium. And I am sure the net profit on any of their "premium" sales is higher than what they make on their mid-market offering.
Mad Max is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks