Team-BHP - SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/153311-scoop-2016-toyota-innova-spotted-testing-bangalore-more-pics-page-7-a.html)

Mod Note: Our Innova Crysta Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Spotted this camouflaged new Toyota Innova along with an older model of the same.
Both the cars were loaded with passengers and few Japanese as well.

The front looks re-designed with a different grille and headlamps as well as tail lamps. The rear quarter glass was different as well.

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-img_20140719_171921.jpg

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-img_20140719_171722.jpg

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-img_20140719_171618.jpg

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-img_20140719_171544.jpg

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-img_20140719_171539.jpg

EDIT: Thanks to BHPian rajeshsundaram for tracing these out:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 3482572)
Spotted this camouflaged new Toyota Innova along with an older model of the same
Both the cars were loaded with passengers and few Japanese as well.

The front looks re-designed with a different grille and headlamps as well as tail lamps. The rear quarter glass was different as well.

Mods please merge if existing thread if present.

Wow!!! Great Scoop clap:. The front and rear glass area looks very similar to the existing Innova. It could be the all new Innova. At last I hope that we can see major facelift or an all new Innova. Thanks for posting this.

What an absolutely massive scoop!!!

This looks like the 2015 Innova most definitely and the biggest part of this scoop is that it has not been spotted anywhere in Asia like Thailand, Phillipines or Indonesia. These are the very first photos of the 2015 Innova globally.

What's also visible from the photos is that this Innova is not like previous facelifts witch just bumper redesign and some silly chrome added. This is a significant update to the Innova.

I am not really sure if this is the new IMV platform Innova or is still old platform but a major refresh.

Thanks once again for these snaps.

Great scoop. clap:

At last it looks like a proper face-lift model is coming up. All these years we were tired seeing them adding just few more chromes or few stickers or change in the grill and head light assembly.

From the picture it looks like they are going to make the third row glass a bit different. It looks nearly like a triangular shape or am i the only one thinking like that getting confused by the camouflage? If it happens, it will reduce the glass area in the third row. Considering the third row space being always limited a smaller glass area wont make it more claustrophobic?

Last but not the least i expect Toyota to bump up the power a bit. Though the power of the Innova is sufficient for the duty its meant to do but still at bump of around 10 bhp will be most welcome or a 6th cog which can make it a much more relaxed highway cruiser. :)

That's a big scoop. :thumbs up

Front & rear looks completely new, but there seems to be little changes on the sides. Door panels, quarter glass on rear door looks exactly same as the current one.

Are there any plans of a new engine as well?

the D pillar seems to be inverted triangle in old model and a real triangle in new model. The front seems more like an SUV front rather than the old Innova front.

NICE

some observations
A. Shark fin antenna
B. black interiors
C. Inverted triangle 3rd row glass
D. Tail lamps positioned horizontal and upwards
E.front has SUV like looks
F. Nice alloy wheels
G. Nice outer mirrors. Sharp look
H. Massive ground clearance
I. Rear wiper is flat type .hope am using correct tech words
J. Projector headlamps can be seen in last pic. Am I right ?
K. Bonnet is raised
I think this is next gen innovaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Mahn.@tharian That's one BIG BIG Gigantormous Scoop.
And to think that the first scoop of the next gen Innova was done by a TemBHPian in Bengaluru.

Looks like Toyota is shifting importance from the Indonesian/Thailand market to India, just like the present gen City. And since there is no other comparable model in Toyota's intn'l line-up, can say that this is definitely the next gen Innova.

Now looking by the design, defintely longer and 3rd row is going to be better, but the design of the D pillar may make the 3rd row claustrophobhic,instead of the present airy feel.
And is it only me or is the front overhang too long and weird???

Certainly not a Toyota Previa in camo, but definitely a new Innova. (could it be a Previa?)

Its time Toyota made Innova more spacious and luxurious and keep a base version for the taxi segment.

Interesting part is the D pillar and the rear quarter glass. Its not at all similar to the existing Innova.

Good work by taking the photos of both the vehicles together.

clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3482655)
What an absolutely massive scoop!!!

This looks like the 2015 Innova most definitely and the biggest part of this scoop is that it has not been spotted anywhere in Asia like Thailand, Phillipines or Indonesia. These are the very first photos of the 2015 Innova globally.

Glad I followed the car and was able to take these pictures. Had no idea this was not seen before.

I was stationary when I saw this convoy go in the opposite direction and I could not relate it to any of the other scoops on the forum and decided to follow it just to see what make it was. To my luck, they stopped soon and I pulled out my phone.:D
I saw the Innova in front and saw the similarities between the two and realized this is the new Innova- not that I knew about it either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samba (Post 3482665)
Great scoop. clap:

From the picture it looks like they are going to make the third row glass a bit different. It looks nearly like a triangular shape or am i the only one thinking like that getting confused by the camouflage?

Yes, it is a triangle shaped window for the third row and the front had a Ecosport look to it because of the new grille. The front overhang seems to be more as well compared to the present model.

Are we sure this is something else than regular one maybe some kind of Limited Edition??

1) An amazing Scoop!clap:
2) The front looks a bit similar to Toyota Highlander sold in US. Too bulky for a people moving Van. Attaching image of Highlander radiator grille. The radiator grille of this scoop car has a similar profile IMO. (Image is taken from Wikipedia)
3) Raised GC ( or just my perception ?).
4) Longer front overhang does not go hand in hand with larger front grille and surface area.
5) Looks under tyred considering SUV-ish front end and large front overhang. The hood is no longer raked or sloping, its more like flat SUV-ish hood. May be they are testing the cooling performance and have common hood/front grille for new Fortuner and Innova. ( Which might also result into Innova moving even higher on pricing front )
6) Even rear overhang seems to be slightly more, may be indicating better room and luggage space.

The first actual major update. Hope the platform is all new, so are engines. Current diesel, as we all know, is more for commercial longevity than refined people mover suited motor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 3482755)
Are we sure this is something else than regular one maybe some kind of Limited Edition??

Certainly, it is way more different in looks to be called as a Limited Edition. A Limited Edition perhaps doesn't boast of major design changes and neither it's tested under wraps to the best of my knowledge. Toyota has finally realized that Innova i.e one of their best selling car now needs a major make-over and rightly so they have come up with this test vehicle.

The rear glass however reminds me of the Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton.

Thanks

They were supposed to launch G4 limited , new Inova is due in 2016 as per my known contacts but you never know , wish this has either a 6 Speed or an Auto transmission

Brilliant scoop! :thumbs up The front grille looks massive!

From the outlines on the camouflage, this is the tail light and head light I could trace:

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-tail-lamp-outline.jpg

SCOOP! 2016 Toyota Innova spotted testing in Bangalore. More pics on page 7-headlight-scoop.jpg

I think I could notice the door request sensor in black on the driver side chrome handle. Keyless entry and start/stop?