Team-BHP - 2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2014 Fiat Punto Evo : A Close Look (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/153673-2014-fiat-punto-evo-close-look-12.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by damager21 (Post 3497532)

Fiat has launched the all new Punto Evo at an amazing base price.

Petrol variants
Evo Emotion 1.4 - 6.65 lakh

Diesel variants
Dynamic Diesel - Rs. 6.21 lakh
Emotion Diesel - Rs. 6.83 lakh
Sport 90HP diesel - Rs. 7.20 lakh

(all prices ex-showroom Delhi)

The Avventura will be launched in the next 60 days.

Thank you for sharing the same damager21. :thumbs up

Fiat seems to have got the pricing right, considering the various other launches happening this month.

But I feel that 1.4 Emotion (Petrol) is priced way too close to both the 75hp & 90hp Multijet. This might just make the former a slow/low seller.

Please correct me if I am wrong here experts. please:

Punto Evo website is live. I got an email from Ramkay Fiat (Chennai) saying it is launching in their showroom (Velachery) at 6pm tomorrow (6th).

Quote:

Originally Posted by damager21 (Post 3497532)
Fiat has launched the all new Punto Evo at an amazing price. The car looks smashing and undercuts Polo pricing in a big way, specially the diesel variant pricing!

Well that table is quite skewed I would say.

Incase of Petrol the Polo is cheaper than the Punto by 58 grand!

Then in case of diesel. While you can compare it with the Punto 90HP Sport to the GT TDI just by name. It is quite unfair to compare a 105BHP engine with the 90BHP engine.

Look at the Polo Highline which is a 1.5L 90HP engine. Performance of that motor alone is better than the Punto 90HP sport leave alone the 75HP models.

So in effect if you compare the Sport 90 Punto to the higline Polo 90HP you will get a fair comparison. Basically the Polo is only 17K more than the Punto 90HP sport and has better performance.

The GT TDI Polo will be in a different league. Don't compare that with the Punto 90 HP sport. Any guy who drives the GT TDI and then walks into drive 90HP Punto will be severely disappointed with the Fiat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3497564)

Then in case of diesel. While you can compare it with the Punto 90HP Sport to the GT TDI just by name. It is quite unfair to compare a 105BHP engine with the 90BHP engine.

Look at the Polo Highline which is a 1.5L 90HP engine. Performance of that motor alone is better than the Punto 90HP sport leave alone the 75HP models.

So in effect if you compare the Sport 90 Punto to the higline Polo 90HP you will get a fair comparison. Basically the Polo is only 17K more than the Punto 90HP sport and has better performance.

The GT TDI Polo will be in a different league. Don't compare that with the Punto 90 HP sport. Any guy who drives the GT TDI and then walks into drive 90HP Punto will be severely disappointed with the Fiat.

GT TDI is again coming with 1.6 motor? I thought, it will be 1.5 but with dsg.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3497564)

True, only the price is comparable to the 90 hp tune of the Polo. GT is not comparable in both the petrol and diesel form.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neoonwheels (Post 3497582)
GT TDI is again coming with 1.6 motor? I thought, it will be 1.5 but with dsg.

No 1.6 in Polo, its down sized to 1.5 but it is in a higher state of tune (105 HP vs 90 HP of the normal diesel variant)

While the Punto Looks great and Diesel price looks a steal. Expect some discount after initial boil-down.

Polo TDI GT would be a league ahead but its not expected to be a hot sell even with DSG. The price would beat it.

Brilliant pricing from Fiat.

I expect the Tata Zest Revotron top end to be priced at same level as Punto Evo 1.4 Petrol and this makes the latter more tempting now :D

Now, if only Fiat can arrange a test drive car, they dont have one for 1.4P.

Mod Note: As warned before, keep things absolutely NEUTRAL on Team-BHP. Biased posts will NOT be tolerated on this forum.

Instead of comparing and cribbing more on FIAT product I think its good deal with balanced price with the product.
People of India can try this beauty from their traditional choice :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit_mechengg (Post 3497546)
Good competitive pricing. The prices remain more or the same. Glad that Fiat dint increase the prices.

Good Pricing indeed...Fiat have not increased prices, hopefully sales numbers increase

Yesterday, I took a look at the evo The interiors really looked good both in terms of material quality and fit and finish. My colleague had booked the old punto but is not yet delivered...now he is already thinking of the evo :)

the active variants are cheaper than the outgoing ones by 40k+ wonder if they are stripped down...

Quote:

Originally Posted by hothatchaway (Post 3497622)
the active variants are cheaper than the outgoing ones by 40k+ wonder if they are stripped down...

I think "In car entertainment" gone from Active variant.

Punto Evo brochure for exact specifications.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsidd (Post 3497561)
Punto Evo website is live. I got an email from Ramkay Fiat (Chennai) saying it is launching in their showroom (Velachery) at 6pm tomorrow (6th).

Well had a look at the website and its nice. However one of the things mentioned is about the "Rear Legroom". I wonder if they have done anything to release more legroom at the rear? Anyone has any idea about this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mukeshgoel (Post 3497629)

Punto Evo brochure for exact specifications.

From the brochure, it is clear that the Punto 1.2 Active will not be having any sort of 'Basic' safety features such as Airbags & ABS. :eek:

While browsing Yahoo today, came across This article which reports that:

"Cars in India must have ABS & Airbags as standard by 2017".

If this does come into existance, it will be an amazing feat. clap: But what will then happen to such variants of the cars, which lack any sort of safety features ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsidd (Post 3497607)
The cheapest diesel Punto Evo not only undercuts the Polo, it even undercuts the Swift (Rs 5.46 lakh ex-showroom Delhi, according to their website). For a much larger, more spacious, better-built car with the same engine. Impressive.

I bet the 29k difference is for the Maruti after sales experience! But jokes apart, it appears Fiat has put a lot of thought over the pricing and made it competitive. But on the other hand Polo has gone a league ahead with the engine specs. Whats with the expensive maintenance of VW. Can that be a deal breaker. Does 1.5/1.6/1.3 and bhp figures reach out to the common man !