Team-BHP - Padmini VS Amby VS NE118 VS Armada
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Padmini VS Amby VS NE118 VS Armada (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/1537-padmini-vs-amby-vs-ne118-vs-armada-3.html)

Can I say 'None of the above' and go back 2 decades for a Contessa Classic? :)

I like to go with Amby

For me its 118 Ne. Still have it, learnt driving on it spacious seats at rear end and good visibility at front :)

I'll go for 118NE first then Padmini. NE because better brakes,silky smooth engine and gearbox much better than todays OMNI and 800. Space is adequate for 5 people and luggage.
Padmini has it's own charm, steering response is better than amby, car is parkable almost anywhere, good for narrow lanes where NE and Amby stops. Lesser maintenance cost compared to NE and Amby.
Amby is a no no because of its huge size and "invisible back" from driving seat. Steering position is not comfortable. However the car wins in space.
I don't think Armada is comparable with the above three. It really needs much more attention than the above three. You can still drive a 30 years old Padmini but after 30 years an Armada??

I'll go for Padmini, cause its Fiat.
that time the only option for enthu's like us, so beautiful.
the free flow exhaust note of its can still be remembered.
Wow !!!!!

I would choose the Armada. Reason being brought up on MM540DP, Aramada would have been a step up in luxury, what with awesome A/C, power steering and rugged suspension to combat the indian roads.

Padmini looks cute for me. Love the front & rear profile. But hate the dash.

I vote for Premier Padmini, bought a new one in 1995 and kept it till 2005, till its engine gave away and drove it around 125K I guess. We had owned many amby before this one but this was special as I learnt driving on this was cuter than Amby. I remember in rally before esteem hit the scene modified fiats were doing the round. Basically had a quickness in it.

We had bought a floor gear one, which dealer said was from 118 NE, don't know if that was true but it was a great to drive. thing that I din like were, leaking roof, rusty floor. All said and done simply loved it and was difficult to part away with this one.

Voted for 118NE.
The ride quality was really good, rear seat space was also above average. The gearbox was from Nissan ( dont remember model number ) and was direct shift gearbox. The only others car avaiable with direct shift gearbox was Gypsy ( and another car name of which I dont remember ). G1HC was the car that took the crown of best gearbox from this car.

Earlier I loved other cars, but afterwards I read a lot about this car and remembered that ride was best here of all the three cars mentioned here. My father's friend had one and recently was scrapped for less that Rs. 10K. It was fully rusted.

118 NE for me....a decade and a half back, this car was seen as an exec car, amazing gearbox and pretty peppy (relatively speaking) performance. Of course, never take it to a car wash as you may not return with the car in one piece - notorious rusting problem :D

118 NE for me. We owned this car for a good 15 years before selling it recentely for a new car. I grew up with this car, learnt driving in this car. The car was super comfortable and had a really slick gearbox. Had loads of space and me being 6' 1" now can still sit with my legs fully stretched (of course I have to push the seat all the way back). Not many of the cars can match the space it provided.

Fortunately enough we never had any problems with rusting till the car was with us. Ok the paint job was not the greatest but okish for that time.