Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2006, 01:50   #1
BHPian

Selling Problem

Guys
Not sure if this is the right forum for posting this query-but I'd appreciate some help.

I have a new accent 1.6 GLS, which I bough in Nov 2005 and drove till Feb 2006. Then I had to relocate to the US and I am finding it extremely difficult to sell this car-even though I'd imagine anyone would snap it up at the discounts I am offering (75K-1L) and the freebies I am throwing (Original Sony music system, vinyl seat covers etc.)

How can I get the best market and price for this car? Mods, apologies-if this should be in the marketplace-I can't post there (newbie status) and I really need help on this.
Old 24th July 2006, 04:31   #2
Team-BHP Support

[quote=zabcd] I'd imagine anyone would snap it up at the discounts I am offering (75K-1L) and the freebies I am throwing (Original Sony music system, vinyl seat covers etc.)

[quote]

There is your problem - you want too much !
Old 24th July 2006, 05:23   #3
BHPian

Yeah
I guess you are right-I researched a bit in the last 30 mins, and found that similar cars are selling at 5L or so. Didn't realise depreciation bites so deep.

Any clues (specially from thsoe in similar sitauations) on how I could best peddle my goods?
Old 24th July 2006, 18:37   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabcd
Yeah
I guess you are right-I researched a bit in the last 30 mins, and found that similar cars are selling at 5L or so. Didn't realise depreciation bites so deep.

Any clues (specially from thsoe in similar sitauations) on how I could best peddle my goods?
Now that you are being realistic. Give an Ad in the classified section of any leading Newspaper giving all the details like Model, Year/ month/ date,
Colour, Make of tyres, Accessories, Kms covered, Expected price, Negotiable/non negotiable. Give reason for selling the car. Even though this ad may cost you about 2-3K its worth it. You will be surprised how easily you say good bye to your car.
I spent 2500 for an ad in the Dccan Herald, Bangalore for the sale of my Sumo and you won't belieive it the first Guy who called at 6.00 AM in the morning picked up my car. I told him if he is thinking of bargaining he is wasting his time as well as mine. I got the whole amount I wanted by DD. Try it, I am sure you'll succeed.

All the best & good luck.

So long....
Old 25th July 2006, 02:06   #5
BHPian

Thanks Varun

This is good advice....
Old 25th July 2006, 13:05   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Bro,
the reason you may be finding some difficulty in selling the car is because people are generally suspicious of buying such a car.
Also a majority of buyers buy their cars on a loan and after taking a loan, the difference in price is only 30K - 40K and hence buyers would prefer a new car.
Your selling price should be 70 - 80K less then the exshowroom price of the vehicle after discounts.
Cheers
Old 25th July 2006, 20:27   #7
BHPian

Quote:
I'd imagine anyone would snap it up at the discounts I am offering (75K-1L) and the freebies I am throwing (Original Sony music system, vinyl seat covers etc.)
Alternatively you can remove your original sony music system and seat covers, and give the car in ex-showroom condition at a lesser cost to cut down your losses.

People can put in their own music system as they please.. You can carry your music system to USA and use it there or keep in your garage and use it in your next car when you come back from USA.
Old 25th July 2006, 20:39   #8

i am intrested

Dear friend,
plz forward me the deal & ur city.One of my friend is looking for used accent.
might be i can help you.

regards
friends9811.
Old 25th July 2006, 20:42   #9
BHPian

Thanks Guys, just in case someone needs ot go through this again-here are the things working and not working for me:

1. Speak to a few second hand car dealers around. I got 3 leads in a day
2. Talk to a new car dealer-if you have a good relation. He can facilitate the sale and people tend to trust their advice about the condition of the car. In any case, get a certificate from your dealer about the maintenance condition and history of the car.
3. Don't go to Automart India.
4. Putting your problems up for help on BHP helps!
Old 25th July 2006, 20:46   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Don't go to Automart India
Do go there.... Just to know the absolute rock bottom price that you can get for your car. helps to know when you have to quote a realistic price to the prospective buyer.
Old 30th July 2006, 12:38   #11
BHPian

Update ?

What's the latest zabcd ? Any luck ?

So long....
Old 1st August 2006, 15:25   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Guys, just in case someone needs ot go through this again-here are the things working and not working for me:

1. Speak to a few second hand car dealers around. I got 3 leads in a day
2. Talk to a new car dealer-if you have a good relation. He can facilitate the sale and people tend to trust their advice about the condition of the car. In any case, get a certificate from your dealer about the maintenance condition and history of the car.
3. Don't go to Automart India.
4. Putting your problems up for help on BHP helps!
adding a few more

5. Visit 2nd hand dealers (Read as frauds) & ascertain the sky high price they quote for a similar vehicle.
6. Visit another few 2nd hand dealers(Read as cheats) & ascertain how much they will give for your car.
7. work out the difference & u can arrive at the right price to give away ur beauty to a genuine buyer for a genuine price which will be satisfying for both

Last edited by esteem_lover : 1st August 2006 at 15:26.
Old 1st August 2006, 15:35   #13
BHPian

A friend of mine sold his 87 model M800 for 40,000 this morning. He gave a detailed add in the Free Ads weekly and somebody knocked his door at 6.00 AM and bought his car. Earlier all these dealers were offering him only 20K and it was lying on the streets for over 2 months.

There are always some genuine buyers who don't mind paying a little extra for a good piece. Our aim should be to identifiy these people.

It appears that the car is already sold, because there is no feedback from zabcd.

So long...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks