Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2014, 10:36   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyundai plans to enter compact SUV, MPV segments in India

If the fit and finish is premium and the size equivalent to a Duster (read 4m+), then I think I am all game to pay 15-17L OTR (Bangalore) pricing for this product. Ideal upgrade for a Duster owner. For a sub-4m product ? NO!

Going by the scoop, if the engine is 1.6L, I expect the size to be 4m+. Else for a sub-4m Hyundai would have thought about the 1.4L 90bhp option for sure. And why I am sure that it would be a 4m+ product? Simply because if not; Hyundai would have placed it along Ecosport and would have NOT have thought of pricing it at 15+ knowing Ecosport sells at 11/12.

Last edited by ampere : 22nd August 2014 at 10:38.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 12:07   #17
RSR
Senior - BHPian

I think some members are confusing the ix25 compact SUV (which should be somewhere around the size of the Duster/Terrano) with the ix20 5-seater MPV.

The ix20 has been on sale in Europe and some other parts of the world for quite some time now. The ix25, on the other hand, is a completely new product and isn't on sale anywhere in the world yet. It will make its debut in China soon, and later make its way to India.

To clear the confusion, this is the ix25 compact SUV's production version (for China):

Hyundai plans to enter compact SUV, MPV segments in India-wpidwp1406638206943.jpeg

And this is the ix20 5-seater MPV already on sale in many countries:

Hyundai plans to enter compact SUV, MPV segments in India-image.jpg

Last edited by RSR : 22nd August 2014 at 12:12.
RSR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 12:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If the fit and finish is premium and the size equivalent to a Duster (read 4m+), then I think I am all game to pay 15-17L OTR (Bangalore) pricing for this product. Ideal upgrade for a Duster owner. For a sub-4m product ? NO!

Going by the scoop, if the engine is 1.6L, I expect the size to be 4m+. Else for a sub-4m Hyundai would have thought about the 1.4L 90bhp option for sure. And why I am sure that it would be a 4m+ product? Simply because if not; Hyundai would have placed it along Ecosport and would have NOT have thought of pricing it at 15+ knowing Ecosport sells at 11/12.
The iX25 won't be a sub-4 meter product tailored for India. I had a chance to interact with Hyundai's product planners a few days ago about this very subject. They're looking at premium positioning for the iX25, somewhere near or above the Duster. Expect plenty of bells and whistles, and well finished interiors. They're also working on an MPV, but launch not happening in 2015. 2016 or beyond is what Hyundai is mulling for the MPV.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 09:42   #19
BHPian

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/08/h...n-india-142219

New spyshots show the ix25 testing in India alongwith the Ecosport and Duster.

Quote:
Seen here is the ix25 (disguised of course) with its chief rivals, the Duster and EcoSport. Where the EcoSport measures under 4 meters in length, the Duster is a good 4.315 meters and the ix25 (for the Chinese market) comes in at 4.27 meters. The Hyundai has its other dimensions set at 1.78 m in width, 1.63 m in height and 2.59 m in wheelbase.
This goes to show that it will be priced head-on against the Duster and Ecosport rather than being in the price range of 15-16 lakhs, as ACI mentioned.
Hopefully, there would be a 4WD model as mentioned in the article.
Old 23rd August 2014, 10:29   #20
Senior - BHPian

Re: Possible 2015 Hyundai Compact SUV spyshots surface

Folks! The ix25 by Hyundai has been seen on Indian roads along with Ford Eco Sport and the Renault Duster.

Hyundai plans to enter compact SUV, MPV segments in India-10612628_10152344253466234_1483104416812036264_n.jpg

Quote:
Ahead of a market launch planned for next year, Hyundai has started road tests of the ix25 compact SUV in India. Shown first at the Beijing Motor Show earlier this year, the ix25 will be the Korean car maker’s offering in the compact SUV segment which sees the likes of the Renault Duster and Ford EcoSport.
Link: http://indianautosblog.com/2014/08/h...ampaign=buffer

Thanks
ad3952n is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 10:54   #21
BHPian

Re: Possible 2015 Hyundai Compact SUV spyshots surface

Good catch. they should be targeting launch next festive seasons i think.
devil_klm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 15:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
The iX25 won't be a sub-4 meter product tailored for India. I had a chance to interact with Hyundai's product planners a few days ago about this very subject. They're looking at premium positioning for the iX25, somewhere near or above the Duster. Expect plenty of bells and whistles, and well finished interiors. They're also working on an MPV, but launch not happening in 2015. 2016 or beyond is what Hyundai is mulling for the MPV.
Thanks Jay - this is good news actually. Just to fit into the sub-4m, manufacturers shouldnt compromise on quality/safety/etc. I think positioning it at par with Duster wouldnt hurt if the space offered is at par!
Duster has many fans due to its handling/road-manners, not sure how ix25 would fare there. Eagerly awaiting the T-BHP review of the i20 elite - they seem to have done a decent job with its road manners going by sidindica's quick review! Nevertheless, expect lots of features!!
Equus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 16:48   #23
BHPian

And by compromising on the sub-4m tag they have cordially invited the 5th passenger which the EcoSport terribly failed to do. With the Duster as their competitor they sure will price the car at a "premium price". But I wonder how far Hyundai will match the benchmark of driving dynamics set by the Duster. With the 1.6L engine it sure is going to be high on power than the Duster.
Old 23rd August 2014, 16:49   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Duster has many fans due to its handling/road-manners, not sure how ix25 would fare there.
I think more than handling, the first big thing that it provides is a decent rear bench to at least seat three. Ride quality is something which I think is always an add-on. But yes it is too good! People looking for a mid-size compact SUV, would always prefer something which would seat five in comfort. (That was my first requirement too which made me not wait for Ecosport, but go with Duster).

Last edited by ampere : 23rd August 2014 at 16:55.
ampere is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2014, 14:36   #25
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice catch

Hyundai should launch the ix35 as well to bridge the gap between the ix25 and the Santa-Fe. The ix35 or Tucson looks absolutely stunning. I clicked a few pics of the ix35 during my visit to Bhutan last year.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai plans to enter compact SUV, MPV segments in India-dsc07499.jpg  

Hyundai plans to enter compact SUV, MPV segments in India-dsc07540.jpg  

Hyundai plans to enter compact SUV, MPV segments in India-dsc07546.jpg  

Hyundai plans to enter compact SUV, MPV segments in India-dsc07550.jpg  

//M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 14:30   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
South Korean carmaker, Hyundai has revealed that it is planning to enter the Compact SUV and multi-purpose vehicle (MPV) segments in India.

The MPV segment has also seen good growth. With Hyundai's competitors, Maruti and Honda doing well with the Ertiga and recently launched Honda Mobilio respectively, it is obvious that it's only a matter of time before the Korean manufacturer enters the segment. Nissan's budget brand, Datsun is also gearing up to launch the GO+, which will make the competition even stiffer.[/url]
Will the MPV be based on the Hyundai Grand i10? I happened to come across a rendering of the same on an indonesian blog and also read an article on the same.

While this rendering doesn't seem official, I personally think Hyundai can do a better job at designing considering the design language on Elite i20 and 2015 Hyundai Sonata. If launched soon and priced well (unlike Honda ), I think Hyundai's MPV might be able to give stiff competition to the Ertiga.
Old 28th August 2014, 08:03   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Production ready ix25 spotted in China. Lauuching there on Oct 9th.

Hyundai plans to enter compact SUV, MPV segments in India-hyundaiix25chinanew1660x510.jpg
Hyundai plans to enter compact SUV, MPV segments in India-hyundaiix25chinanew2660x464.jpg

Size: 4270mm/1780mm/1630, wheelbase is 2590.
For China:
Engines: 1.6 and 2.0 four-cylinder petrol, both mated to a six-speed manual or a six-speed automatic.

The ix 25 will be tweaked a bit in India for a launch in 2015.

http://www.carnewschina.com/2014/08/...se-car-market/
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 10:26   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxo_barge View Post
Will the MPV be based on the Hyundai Grand i10?
Sincerely hope it is not based on Grand i10 as Hyundai had earlier clarified that they cannot fit a bigger diesel engine in the engine bay. The MPV will struggle with existing 3 cyl engine.
DWind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 11:01   #29
BHPian

I am mostly sure Hyundai will plonk in a 1.4-diesel in this as the smallest motor on offer.
performance plumbing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 12:30   #30
RSR
Senior - BHPian

The LED DRLs in the headlamp cluster, classy chrome grill and blacked out roof & A-pillars look quite smashing, especially in trendy colours like orange.

Hyundai plans to enter compact SUV, MPV segments in India-image.jpg

I hope Hyundai India do not repeat the mistake of omitting the LED DRLs and projector headlamps, like they unfortunately did with the new Elite i20. Since the car is going to measure more than 4m in length, there is no use in going for any cost cutting by means of leaving out features. A very premium feel is what they need to build into the ix25, and it would help if such features are included at least on the higher trim levels. And not to forget, 6 airbags must be made available on the top trim level, as the Ford EcoSport Titanium(O) and Titanium AT variants already have them.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks