Team-BHP - The Mumbai Auto Show 2004
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Mumbai Auto Show 2004 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/1547-mumbai-auto-show-2004-a.html)

Hi guys,
Actually we (me, bro and cousin) weren't supposed to go for the Mumbai Auto Show cos we had plans to go to Panvel today. But since the plans got cancelled we decided to go for it. Tickets to the show are priced at 30 bucks and are sold by some pretty girls. We entered the building and the first thing that we saw that there were lots of bikes on display. The first stall you see when you enter is the Yamaha stall. It was the "Most Visited Stall" in the whole of the Auto Show. Why?? No, they didnt have the 2004 R1 or the Roadstar Warrior. Neither did they have any new bikes on display. Also the Fazer with its wierd headlights would never draw anyones attention. The main reason was the 2-legged models on display. Sorry for going off-topic, but why do many automakers keep beautiful ladies to explain the tech-specs of the car. Come on people who are car-crazy go to see the cars and not the girls. Half of them wudnt be smart enough to tell the difference between drm and disc brake. People would want someone who would be able to explain them in-detail about the product.
Anyways, We strolled a bit only to find some Maruti's , Corsa'a with LPG kits. Then there was the largest stall of all i.e The Indiacar.com stall which had almost 10 cars on display. Nothin great about the cars at all. Indigo MArina, Getz, Rider, new C Class etc etc. The Chinkara cars were also on display along with a Jeep and a quad bike. Also on display was the "Fiat-modded-into-540K" car. The car was very well done. Paint quality was damn good, but the interior wasn't as "vintage looking" as the exterior. The star of the show was the Hyosung Comet. Rtech, i'm sure you'll love it. It looks damn good in red. Looks more like a 600cc. Quality of the bike was amazing. But they werent giving any test drives. Test drives were available only to those who booked the Comet. Bookings done at the show would be given first preference. Other than that there were 3 vintage cars on display by WIAA. A Packard Clipper, Cadillac and an Oldsmobile.
Pics coming up soon.

Conclusion : Overall the Mumbai Auto Show 2004 was a total disappointment except for the Comet and the Vintage cars.

Enjoy the pics guys :
Mumbai Auto Show 2004 Gallery

Hey man great pics but whats with the dirty nissan pick up???

Hey V12...u forgot!! that Ashok Leyland truck on display was awesome!!!
By the way...even i took a pic of that pick up from NCs camera
It belongs to the Chinkara people!

ya that nissan pickup belongs to the Chinkara people. I guessed it cos its got the typical "Chinkara" wheels

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]that Ashok Leyland truck on display was awesome!!!

Definitely. Awesome and huge too. So huge that you have to climb 3 steps to enter into the cabin. I knew u wud love it. Wish the Volvo was there too.

When will the Mumbai auto show get the recognition fromt eh manufacturers it deserves! For a city that has the money and spending power of Mumbai, I would think all the big auto manufaturers would want to showcase their products here...but no.

There was not a single car manufacturer with their products on display.

I don't know why I bother going there each year. Infact, my subconsience tried to tell me to go somewhere else...by taking me down the wrong road
but I still ended up there!

Rt

So what you're saying that apart from not meeting you guys I have not missed much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rudra Sen @ Nov. 01 2004,10:25)]So what you're saying that apart from not meeting you guys I have not missed much.

Well, you wouldve loved the wax's, polishes, tyre cleaner etc Rudra!

Good deals on em too!

Rt

hey v12,
nice photos.
i also had my pictures clicked with the truck and the bus.
but was nearly fooled by those girls outside into buying the crap booklet,which had nothing but absolute crap inside.
the best stall was the Mico stall for the etcnical info and the v-kkol stall for the pretty babe .:D

The pics I got at the show......

The 2 TEAM TVS RACING BIKES

The MASSIVE Ashok Leyland Truck and its Power plant

more coming up......

The Kinetic Comet pics...

The machine

Another view of the bike - the fuel tank is HUGE

The good looking alloy and disc brake combo

The engine

but whats this ?? Quality finish ?

more on the way......

The Hyosung frame does have bad build quality . Weld spots are also quite bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (v12 @ Nov. 01 2004,21:43)]The Hyosung frame does have bad build quality . Weld spots are also quite bad.

but i think the real star was the TVS 399cc dirt bike.its was awesome.sadly i do not have pics now.as somethings wrong with my cam.
the ashok leyland truck was huuuuuuggggggggge.the driver wud have no problem with traffic as only a flash in ur mirrors wud be enough to make way for him.
the bus was good,but still nothing like the B7R .also it's egine is not in the rear .maybe the passengers cud hear the engine noise.its only a copy of the volvo.the front is also disappointing.
but the v-kool babe was the best

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]the ashok leyland truck was huuuuuuggggggggge

I dont know if the pic is taken in such a way, but just compare the guy standing behind with the sheer size of the truck.

Nice set of pics guys.I just hope to see the AL truck plying on the roads soon enuff.Looks pretty good.
And the Kinetic Comet too.Looks like a killer!

X