Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2014, 19:13   #1

How do you deal with Service Centers unwilling to acknowledge a problem?

Trying to figure out what is the usual recourse when a car owner takes his/her car to the service center to have an issue fixed under warranty? Specially in cases where the issue at hand does not show visible symptoms (billowing smoke, screeches, whines, friction marks, discoloration etc) but are moderately perceptive in nature - Loss of power, ineffective braking, stiffer ride than usual, increased road noise. What can the buyer do to have an issue like this attended under warranty?

A one year old, immaculately mantained Chevrolet Beat LT (Petrol) for instance has had it's steering wheel go extremely stiff - both, while on the move and at standstill. The car is driven by an elderly gentleman and he has begun avoiding driving the car altogether thanks to the extra effort involved now. Car's under warranty, but the chevrolet service center refused to acknowledge the issue - instead choosing to compare it to the Chevrolet Beat Diesel which has a different steering setup.

Would love to know how others handle situations like these.
Old 1st September 2014, 20:47   #2
BHPian

re: How do you deal with Service Centers unwilling to acknowledge a problem?

Would suggest you to take the second opinion from another Chevrolet dealer in your city. Else, escalate the issue to Chevrolet top bosses.

Had a noise issue with my Wagon-R's clutch pedal that used to occur only after driving it for about 5 kms. Took the MASS SA for a long drive. Fortunately he acknowledged the issue and replaced the required part under warranty.

Currently, after driving my car for about 15 kms, when I shut off the engine, a sqeeky noise appears from engine bay. Unfortunately, haven't been able to convince the MASS about the same. Any pointers?
MunnabhaiMBBS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 21:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bykerdawg View Post
Simple -> www.team-bhp.com

This thread proves the above - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-settled.html
aargee is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 22:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bykerdawg View Post
A one year old, immaculately mantained Chevrolet Beat LT (Petrol) for instance has had it's steering wheel go extremely stiff - both, while on the move and at standstill. Car's under warranty, but the chevrolet service center refused to acknowledge the issue.
May I have the name of the Chevrolet ASC who refused to help and sort your car's issue. Was it Treo, Metro, Regent or Shiva Motors? Probably, I can give them the much needed guidance with respect to customer service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post
after driving my car for about 15 kms, when I shut off the engine, a sqeeky noise appears from engine bay. Any pointers?
Get the car's fan-belt checked by the Maruti ASC. It could be the culprit. I am sure the car is a AC model, so also get the AC fan checked which is below the radiator.

Thanks

Last edited by ad3952n : 1st September 2014 at 22:20. Reason: spelling
Old 2nd September 2014, 02:06   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post
Would suggest you to take the second opinion from another Chevrolet dealer in your city. Else, escalate the issue to Chevrolet top bosses.
Yea, will be accompanying the gentlemen to another Chevrolet dealership tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Wow. I'd heard Skoda ASS horror stories, but that was numbingly brazen. Unbelievable persistence by the owner, there! Chevrolet's usually not as high-handed as Skoda when it comes to ASS, but I'll be escalating this as well until it's resolved. Wish more and more of us would push back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
May I have the name of the Chevrolet ASC who refused to help and sort your car's issue. Was it Treo, Metro, Regent or Shiva Motors? Probably, I can give them the much needed guidance with respect to customer service.
AutoVikas, Peeragarhi. The owner - an elderly Sikh gentleman spent over four hours while the inspection was done. And they just came back with 'Diesel Beat is the better Steering wheel setup. Petrol Beat is like that only. Nothing wrong with it'.
Old 2nd September 2014, 10:52   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

1. Go to the A$$ and if they fail to acknowledge the problem, please get another car (may be a TD car) to test it. If your car's set up / feel is different, the SA would NOT say anything further.

2. Document every problem (email) and send it to Chevrolet customer care and CC your dealership. Sometimes this would bring in the much needed help.

3. Change the service centre. Repeat steps 1 & 2.

4. Create a thread in team-bhp (which you have already done) and put the dealership names (do NOT shy away from doing it) and add the link in the mail chains. Unless you have names, ownership never happens. When there is a name (of the dealer / A$$) attached, there is a reputation at stake.

Edit:: Frankly, for such small issues, you should NOT even bother to think about Consumer Courts! That's a pure waste of time and efforts. Harish's (Skoda) case was totally different; the damages were to the tune of 4L and he was looking at life threatening problems with respect to the car. Also please note that he spent a good 6 years before the case was settled; inspite of having a VERY VERY strong case backed by facts & proofs.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 2nd September 2014 at 10:57. Reason: Added "Edit" portion
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks