Team-BHP - 2014 Skoda Yeti Facelift : A Close Look
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2014 Skoda Yeti Facelift : A Close Look (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/155485-2014-skoda-yeti-facelift-close-look-6.html)

Congrats Rahul..hope you cross many happy miles with the yeti. The yeti is an awesome car and one of my favorites. It is a jack of all trades be it daily office commute in the city., weekend drives, mild offroading or for faster highway cruising.
The deal is good I think considering the price of new yeti.
Make sure you put diesel from known pumps and within city limits as there is no water in fuel filter indication for this car.

Thanks Catamaran for your advice, will keep this in mind. Plan to open a new thread for ownership experience soon:).

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul412 (Post 3545632)
Just now closed the deal. Yeti Top Model Elegance 4*4. for 20 lacs ( old model). Dealer was not willing to go down any further & no other dealer is having old Yeti available with him (new yeti is for 24 lac & was out of our budget).Checked the car in the showroom, looked all right. Will do a thorough check-up in couples of day time.

Yeti was always close to my heart & frankly there is no other car which can compete with Yeti in this segment.

Other cars considered:

Storme-Liked the build quality, 'thud' factor is there. There is space, space & space all around & the view form driver’s seat is awesome. But its costly for what it offers, no leather seats, no music system for car that is costing 16 lakhs is too much & was totally disappointed after test drive. Steering was hard & the ride was bumpy. Was about to throw up after 5 mins plus too much noise was filtering in the cabin.

Scorpio- Too bland inside & too much of bling outside. Door felt flimsy, plastic quality is bad & there is virtually no dashboard. Seats are flat like a railway station bench. Didn’t bother to do test drive.

XUV- Didn’t like it for the looks, too many curves & plastics all around. But it was a strong contender & it was hard to let XUV go.

So finally it was yeti, hope it turns out to be a good decision for me.

Congrats on your 'Gulf Stream' aka Yeti! Ready for twice as mileage (kms) with it (even if you had not planned otherwise originally) because it is going to pamper you to a point that you would land up driving on longer routes :)

Knowing that the new Yeti top variant is ~24 lacs on-road, I think the dealer is playing hardball by not providing generous discount, especially with the festive seasons + year end + new model launch. Showing too much interest (enthusiasm, needy body languages etc) to the dealer is bad mantra IMHO. If I were you, I would have negotiated further. Discounts should have been to the tune of 2.5-3.5 lacs (I and others got such deal in NCR)

Quote:

Originally Posted by iTNerd (Post 3545765)
Congrats on your 'Gulf Stream' aka Yeti! Ready for twice as mileage (kms) with it (even if you had not planned otherwise originally) because it is going to pamper you to a point that you would land up driving on longer routes :)

Knowing that the new Yeti top variant is ~24 lacs on-road, I think the dealer is playing hardball by not providing generous discount, especially with the festive seasons + year end + new model launch. Showing too much interest (enthusiasm, needy body languages etc) to the dealer is bad mantra IMHO. If I were you, I would have negotiated further. Discounts should have been to the tune of 2.5-3.5 lacs (I and others got such deal in NCR)

Thanks :) Problem is no other dealer in NCR is having this older model with him.Earlier I had found one and gave final offer of 19 but he refused and the very next week car got sold. So the choice was limited for me as the stock is just not available with anyone. As you rightly pointed out since the new yeti is launched with a price increase, the dealers are now playing smart.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul412 (Post 3545632)
Just now closed the deal. Yeti Top Model Elegance 4*4. for 20 lacs ( old model). Dealer was not willing to go down any further & no other dealer is having old Yeti available with him (new yeti is for 24 lac & was out of our budget).Checked the car in the showroom, looked all right. Will do a thorough check-up in couples of day time.

Yeti was always close to my heart & frankly there is no other car which can compete with Yeti in this segment.be a good decision for me.

Its a good choice and I wish you all the best and many miles of happy, safe, trouble free motoring ahead!
Enjoy!
What colour did you buy?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 3545854)

Its a good choice and I wish you all the best and many miles of happy, safe, trouble free motoring ahead!
Enjoy!
What colour did you buy?

Thank you Shankar sir. I didn't have a choice as only white was available.

Today,I went to Lets Meet event organised by skoda North India sales team in partnership with dealers. New Yeti and Rapid were displayed for us to have a close look. Apart from what has already been discussed here, i am sharing few things which came out from casual and some serious chat with dealer representative and skoda north india sales team.
1. Availability of parts. It takes time to get parts from aurangabad: A small warehouse is made operational near manesar, so that parts not available to dealers can be supplied within 24 hours.
2. Lack Service center in Ghaziabad and Meerut: Efforts are being made to open service center in Ghaziabad which will cater to meerut region as well. As of now the closest is noida. Will come within next 2-3 months.
3. Most important: This is mid life facelift and an all new yeti is expected in 2017. No more details shared at this point.

Only grudge, they organised this cocktail & dinner event during navratras :(

[quote=shankar.balan;3545074]A simple response:

"The Yeti sits nicely in the middle - over priced as per some of us and good value as per a few of us"

I think you summed it up very nicely with this statement. That is why I said if you compare it with the Audis and Mercs it's very good for value but if you compare it with those 'less prestigious' (no offence to any one please) brands then it may be considered costly,

Having said all these I am changing my Laura in a couple of years to the Yeti as I plan to be in the 2+2+ 1 dog(well behaved :)), configuration. In the meanwhile the smaller VW sibling may also be launched opening up the options.

Wishing all the prospective Yeti Owners a great and safe drive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul412 (Post 3545958)
Thank you Shankar sir. I didn't have a choice as only white was available.

Even my friend in Bangalore bought white. Its got a nice clean look.
Like Silver, White kind of camouflages the inevitable dings and scratches which all vehicles, irrespective of however jealously guarded they are, are prone to in India.
All the best to you.:)

Awesome Vehicle. I wonder why they did not include a DSG option even now?! I would have been sold immediately if they had an auto version, even though the interior feature set has not been made up to date vis-a-vis the new Octavia.

Congrats to all those who've purchased the Yeti. There's nothing really to complain on a Skoda vehicle except for the after sales service issues which I hope Skoda puts some good effort to bring it up to the standards. Else, this vehicle is a bliss to have and drive!

I have been regularly following up with the dealership in ahmedabad for the new yeti. I have received the price list but no news about when will I be able to see the car in flesh. Has anyone seen new Yeti in any dealership yet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rutvij (Post 3565131)
I have been regularly following up with the dealership in ahmedabad for the new yeti. I have received the price list but no news about when will I be able to see the car in flesh. Has anyone seen new Yeti in any dealership yet?

Yes, its available in NCR. Infact I saw it last month itself. The front looks better than the outgoing one. Heres the pic I clicked at one of the dealership.In the extreme right you can see a glimpse of another Yeti, the old model, which I ended up buying.

New Yeti is available in Goa. I took a test drive of 4x2 not once but twice in 3 days and just fell in love with the vehicle.

It fulfills every requirement of mine. The only problem is $$$ ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayant..B (Post 3566319)
New Yeti is available in Goa. I took a test drive of 4x2 not once but twice in 3 days and just fell in love with the vehicle.

It fulfills every requirement of mine. The only problem is $$$ ;-)

I am eagerly waiting for my test drive! I hope they come out with lower trim levels in the new year.