Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2014, 18:09   #1
Team-BHP Support

SCOOP: All-new Audi Q7 spotted testing in India

Thank you to Dr. Parag Aland who sent these pics in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts!

SCOOP: All-new Audi Q7 spotted testing in India-img_0972.jpg

The next-generation Q7, which was revealed earlier this month, has been spotted testing on Indian roads. While the overall design of the SUV is similar to the outgoing model, it has been given sharper lines and a more aggressive stance.

SCOOP: All-new Audi Q7 spotted testing in India-img_0966.jpg

Heavily camouflaged, the car is seen with arrow-shaped LED daytime running lights integrated in its headlamps, beefed up wheel arches and a sharply raked roofline. The car's tail lamps, alloy wheels and bumpers have been redesigned and the tail pipes have a flat rectangular shape.

SCOOP: All-new Audi Q7 spotted testing in India-img_0967.jpg

The Q7 will be available with 3.0-litre V6 TDI & TFSI engines. The 3.0-litre TDI produces 268 bhp and 600 Nm of torque. The 3.0-litre TDI engine will be offered with a lower power output of 215 bhp and 500 Nm of torque later. The 3.0 TFSI produces 329 bhp and 440 Nm of torque. A 2.0-litre TFSI unit producing 248 bhp and 370 Nm of torque will also be offered.

The Q7 will also be available as a diesel hybrid with an e-tron 3.0-litre engine which produces a combined 369 bhp and 700 Nm of torque.

Audi has equipped the Q7 with an 8-speed tiptronic automatic transmission and a Quattro permanent all-wheel drive system. The car will also be offered with an optional all wheel steer system that turns the rear wheels by as much as 5 degrees.

SCOOP: All-new Audi Q7 spotted testing in India-img_0969.jpg

The Audi Q7 will make its public debut at the Detroit Motor Show in January 2015.

Last edited by Aditya : 24th December 2014 at 08:16.
Aditya is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 18:45   #2
BHPian

Re: SCOOP: All-new Audi Q7 spotted testing in India

Thanks Aditya,below is a video by OD.I feel the current Q7 looks more macho and appealing,but yes the interiors are too outdated.

Last edited by kedarwalke : 23rd December 2014 at 18:47.
kedarwalke is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 20:20   #3
BHPian

Infact, two cars have been imported. If we look at Zauba https://www.zauba.com/import-audi-hs-code.html Two Audi Q7's are conspicuous, as instead of being imported from Slovakia, they are imported from Germany that too by Air .I think these are the cars that we see here, and its been imported just a week back. So good find, and interesting to see Audi testing a vehicle in India, ahead of its world launch. It is a crucial vehicle for the company in India too.

I hope its priced well though.

Last edited by prakhar1998 : 23rd December 2014 at 20:22.
prakhar1998 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 20:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

Whats impressive is how Audi takes India so seriously !
The new Q7 India launch coinciding with the global launch is seriously unbelievable.

Kudos to Audi for bringing there latest toys to India.
nik_kapur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 11:35   #5
BANNED

just goes to show the importance of India for Audi SUVs, and Q7 is the best selling full size luxury SUV in India I think.
The current one is getting too long in the tooth, but this new one just seems less SUVish, with clean cut lines and a lower stance; looks more like a Station Wagon. I'm not sure how Indian buyers would take to these looks especially when you consider the competition(GL from Mercedes) looks absolutely like a muscular giant.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 13:22   #6
BHPian

Wow!!! Even by Audi standards this is too soon to have the car come to India. Testing it and that too undisguised! Kudos to them for getting their latest real soon to India

Q7 was the Bollywood favorite for the longest time and seems to have been replaced by the Range Rover somewhere down the line.

As for the new car somehow I feel it has lost its premiumness over the previous model. While it still looks good the earlier Q7 was just WOW and looked extremely desirable! It also looks a little smaller in size compared to the current car atleast from the pictures. I wonder if this has something to do with the Q9 that Audi is rumored to be working on.

Begs the question as to where will this be positioned/priced. I feel somewhere in between the ML 350 and GL 350 should be the sweet spot for Audi!

Well TATA and Mahindra have got enough flak for keeping the Next Generation of their cars similar to the outgoing models same is the case with the Q7 unfortunately. To me it doesn't look very different to the old model and will qualify as a facelift and not a full model change. But then that's me!
miharbe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 15:46   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Wow!!! Even by Audi standards this is too soon to have the car come to India. Testing it and that too undisguised! Kudos to them for getting their latest real soon to India
There is no news of it coming to India soon. Audi always tests it's cars in India extensively well before launch too. I expect the launch to happen 2016 or earliest late 2015. Unless ofcourse they do a CBU launch mid next year and price it high as "launch edition" as does MBIL.
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2014, 03:20   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
There is no news of it coming to India soon. Audi always tests it's cars in India extensively well before launch too. I expect the launch to happen 2016 or earliest late 2015. Unless ofcourse they do a CBU launch mid next year and price it high as "launch edition" as does MBIL.
Well sorry to have jumped the gun. I just didn't expect to see it in India even for testing (but then I guess Audi did test the facelifted A8L as well in India). I have my doubts if they will go the CBU route however Audi may be tempted to go that way given that this couldn't really come a day sooner for them.
Old 25th December 2014, 23:51   #9

There is not much information on the engine options that the 2015 Audi Q7 will get. There is speculation that the petrol varaints of the SUV will sport a 310 BHP, 3.0-litre V6 and a 435 BHP, twin-turbo 4.0-litre V8 engine. The diesel variants may be powered by a 258 BHP, 3.0-litre V6 and a 385 BHP, 4,2-litre V8 engine. Going by Audi’s current trend, we can also expect a plug-in hybrid variant, which may use a 3.0-litre TDI engine with a 115 BHP electric motor, it may or may not be launched in India though.
Old 26th December 2014, 11:29   #10
BHPian

Its great to finally see India getting some priority in the world automobile sector.
I doubt we would be getting the plug-in hybrid model in India.

IMHO the new Q7 looks more like a Mitsubishi Outlander. But that is just me.
Old 27th December 2014, 00:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

Looks smaller than the outgoing model? Almost mistook it for the Outlander
Old 30th December 2014, 10:50   #12
BHPian

Well IMHO that it always happens when a successful flagship model is replaced and a new look is introduced. I think the new Q7 is really looking great.Love what they have done with the lights. Big fan of the design of lights that Audi comes out every time. Rest we will have to wait and see it in flesh to form a real opinion.
Old 3rd April 2015, 15:41   #13
BHPian

Just saw the new Q7.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP: All-new Audi Q7 spotted testing in India-image1-1.jpg  

SCOOP: All-new Audi Q7 spotted testing in India-image2.jpg  

SCOOP: All-new Audi Q7 spotted testing in India-image3.jpg  

karanj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th May 2015, 17:25   #14
BHPian

Graphics Showcasing some of the technology, including 4 wheel steering.

Old 20th May 2015, 18:50   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharbe View Post
Wow!!! Testing it and that too undisguised! Kudos to them for getting their latest real soon to India
Given Audi's design language, and their penchant for 'evolution', don't think they expected mass scale head turning with this one.

See, new Audi !
Kya re, same hi toh hai (What men bugger, it's same only)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks