Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2015, 15:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Teana discontinued in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeH View Post
Wow, I did not even know the car was still available. Such is the marketing!!

Assumed that the price reduction some time back was a clearance sale of sorts.

Have always loved the Teana, but it stands no where against the likes of Superb and Camry.
Assuming you have been in the car to make such a strong statement like that, do explain where it falls short when compared to the Camry or Superb?
Old 15th January 2015, 16:09   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
A lazy car is better than a unreliable car with a V6+DSG combo.
OT: DSGs need not be always unreliable. I think your reference is specific to the VW ones. Almost all major brands have models with DSG/DCT gearbox, including Renault-Nissan, and most of them are not considered as problematic.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 17:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
OT: DSGs need not be always unreliable. I think your reference is specific to the VW ones. Almost all major brands have models with DSG/DCT gearbox, including Renault-Nissan, and most of them are not considered as problematic.
When Anurag mentioned DSG, he obviously meant the dual clutch automatic made by Volkswagen. Remember DCT (Double/dual Clutch Transmission) is the generic name. DSG (Direct Shift Gearbox) is what VW calls their DCTs. In other words every DSG is a DCT but every DCT is not a DSG.
Old 15th January 2015, 17:31   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
DSGs need not be always unreliable. I think your reference is specific to the VW ones.
I did refer to VW's DSG and not the other manufacturer ones.

I thought DSG is coined by VW for is Dual clutch transmission?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
When Anurag mentioned DSG, he obviously meant the dual clutch automatic made by Volkswagen.
Yup. Thanks.
Old 15th January 2015, 18:23   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Truly sad news. I have always had a soft spot for the Teana since the day I sat in one. While it might've had a lazy V6 and uninspiring handling, the car definitely came with the X-Factor; the interiors were just something else from the whole opulent look to the feel. Nothing came close unless you were looking at an A6, E-Class or importing a Citroen C6.
+100
Nissan do have brilliant products globally, but their India marketing strategy is confused.
Hope, Nissan brings new Altima in Ckd here.
Old 24th June 2016, 21:38   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raosaheb Desai View Post
+100
Nissan do have brilliant products globally, but their India marketing strategy is confused.
Hope, Nissan brings new Altima in Ckd here.
The Altima is a brilliant car. I recently bought one in the US and it really brings the game to the Accord and the Camry's alley. The problem is people in India will never embrace the Altima. It would cost around 20 lakh INR (ballpark guess) in which segment most people would love to be chauffeured. Problem is, the Altima is a drivers car, not meant for backseat passengers. I've had tall people comment about the lack of headroom, though leg room is decent. The ride is stiff, good for the US, poor for Indian roads. It just wont be the same Altima if launched in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks