Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2015, 15:56   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maharashtra RTO to go agent free - good or bad?

A few roadblocks in the initiative for making Maharashtra RTO's tout/agent free. Goes to show that the effort is hindered by the deeply routed menace and much more stronger will power by the RTO officials and the common man is the need of the hour. It was known fact that the tout clout isn't going to go down so easy, so hopefully the fight isn't one sided then.

http://www.mid-day.com/articles/mumb...-days/15950190

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/46112316.cms

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/mumbai/o...w/46112543.cms
Old 6th February 2015, 16:19   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
So this reminded me today to get my old styled "Paper book" licence issued by MP Transport Department to the new "Smart Card" one. Being in Mumbai, I was very worked up thinking how to go about it. Dad, back home, suggested to call up an RTO agent and minimize "jhanjhats". But I somehow thought of giving it a try online. And yay, MP transport department has a neat website!
Pleasantly surprised and delighted, a few probing clicks here and there took me to the right page and within just 5 minutes I was able to take an appointment for the day when I will be back in my hometown for a visit. Super experience. Just that I hope everything else (including appointment, issuance and delivery process) goes smooth in the same way. Fingers crossed.

If Maharashtra RTO plans/aspires to be efficient in similar way, Why not? Let there be no agents, which means lesser touts and lesser cheats
UPDATE:
Was informed by Dad today that the License has arrived

I was in my hometown around Republic Day holidays. Walked into the RTO office along with the printout of the online appointment slip. RTO officer himself was available and I approached him directly. Surprisingly, this gentleman was very helpful and told me to bring a printout of the application form (which I had no clue about) along with a photo and xerox of old license book. I told him there was no option to print any application form online, he guided me to search the appointment number on the site and there would a be link to print application after system retrieves the appointment.

Indeed the link was there (had somehow missed it earlier). Got the print from a nearby xerox shop along with other documents, submitted it to a clerk at a window who also took biometric impressions and that's it! It was done!! This whole thing took less than 30 minutes. Date was 24-Jan-2015 and today on 6-Feb-2015, smart card license arrived at home - in less than 10 working days!

This is MP-41 RTO. Not a single rupee paid to any middleman or tout. Speedy and efficient service. Silver lining was that the RTO officer himself guided me through the process.

Some incredible overhaul of the system there, I must say. Full marks to the department and MP Govt.
1lokesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 16:45   #33
BHPian

Heard RTO officers have gone on Strike. My car dealer called today and said the delivery is postponed since RTO in Thane is on strike till 20th. Is this true?
Old 17th February 2015, 14:38   #34
BHPian

Well, I went to the Pune RTO last Thursday, Its still as crowded as ever. The only change I saw was that there's a person sitting right at the entry or the building who helps out with enquiries, But the long lines are still there and the concerned people are still not found on their seats, I waited for an hour for a lady who was supposed to sign my documents for grant of MH number and she was nowhere to be seen, I did see plenty of touts though.
They are very much present, spend an hour inside and you can easily notice them, a couple of them approached me too.
Hope the RTO guys become for efficient or else the Touts are going to make a comeback as someone has to get the workdone and one cannot stand whole day waiting for the official to arrive.
Old 22nd February 2015, 07:41   #35
Senior - BHPian

Me and my close friend and bhpian Vishal Joshi had visited the Andheri RTO. I recently sold my ZMA in Pune, hence had to get an NOC for the same. Meanwhile Vishal had bought a pre-worshipped Innova so had to get the vehicle transferred to his name. We both had a very pleasant experience . My agent initially had quoted me a whooping 700 bucks to get me the NOC . I got the job done at no cost at all. The good thing is there are multiple counters, each counter being specific to the series. For eg counter no 1 will cater for MH-02 AA ,AB,AC.....etc. The next counter BA,BC etc. This makes sure the crowd gets distributed, a very good initiative. For the first time I saw the officials quite eager to help though they do have the typical "govt official" arrogance.
Overall a very good initiative.
Good to see the RTO tout free.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 22nd February 2015 at 07:43.
Old 26th March 2015, 09:04   #36
BHPian

RTO Agents still on stike Mumbai?

Any idea whether the RTO strike in Mumbai has been called off and whether agents are being allowed into the RTOs?

I need to transfer my car but I'm dreading spending the day at the RTO

Last edited by Zahir : 26th March 2015 at 09:05.
Old 26th March 2015, 09:35   #37
Senior - BHPian

Re: RTO Agents still on stike Mumbai?

AFAIK agents are still not allowed. Regarding the hassles, the processes are quite simple and you should be able to get your job done without any issues at all. In fact 3 weeks back I had gone to the RTO to get an NOC for my bike with the same feeling.I wanted to go through an agent even though he was charging me 700 bucks. I mustered the guts and went with my friend and bhpian vishaljoshi who had bought a preworshipped Innova and wanted to transfer the ownership to his name. We entered the RTO by noon and were out by 2 and didnt pay a penny.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 26th March 2015 at 09:36.
rakesh_r is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 10:03   #38
BHPian

I second Rakesh on this one. My paper work happened recently at Tardeo and that also went smoothly without any bribe. It was completed in a rapid manner too. Go ahead without worries. This is the only way we can do our bit to clean up this mess. Talk to the PRO if you are going to andheri. They'll clear your doubts.

Last edited by anilp : 26th March 2015 at 10:04.
anilp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 12:03   #39
Senior - BHPian

Re: RTO Agents still on stike Mumbai?

Marathi news:

http://maharashtratimes.indiatimes.c...w/46694725.cms

High court has ordered the RTO to allow registered agents to enter and do work on behalf of others that have given authority letters.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 14:21   #40
BHPian

Brokers/Dalals have been existing since time immemorial. I don't understand Zagades point of view of banning agents. They can co-exist with people wanting to complete the procedures themselves.
The procedures should be streamlined, by opening 100 counters and each counter should be able to complete any work right from start to finish, including payments. Introduce token system,so one knows how much time he has on his hand.Making one run from one counter to another, makes the procedure cumbersome and some may find it prohibitive.
If Zagade things that banning Agents = no corruption, he needs serious introspection.
Old 26th March 2015, 20:38   #41
BHPian

It's beyond my rational sense of reasoning. Licences and RC's take months. Seems obvious all
Old 29th June 2015, 16:46   #42
BANNED

A general query for all of who have taken delivery of their cars this year, specially in Mumbai.

Since the problems at the RTOs with regard to the 'tout-free' approach and scrapping of the RC Card service provider is well documented, I am not going to go into those details. But has anyone received their registration card/ book from the Thane RTO yet?

I had purchased my new car in February, and since have been waiting to receive the registration card/ book. Have followed up with the dealer, but it seems (according to them) that the delays have far worsened ever since last December. It will great if some of you can answer my following queries;

a. Have any of you received their cards/ book for purchases this year from the Thane RTO?

b. I have the tax 'pauti' (receipt, as its called in Mumbai ). In case of any pull-ups, will that suffice since I haven't received the registration docs?

c. Is there a helpline/ online ticker to show which series of registrations have been completed yet?

Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 29th June 2015, 17:22   #43
BHPian

Here are my experiences with the RTOs at KL and KA has been very good without any agents in between :
  • My dad was able to renew the registration of our '99 Fiat Uno with no hassles at back home at Tripunithura RTO (Kerala).
  • I was able to transfer the ownership of my W124 from the previous owner's name to my name at the same RTO (Kerala) with no issues.
  • I was able to transfer the ownership of my Honda City from the previous owner's name to my name at Indiranagar RTO (Karnataka) with no issues.
In the last two cases it took me only less than an hour of my time at both the RTOs. For the ownership transfer, it costed me only Rs.3xx/- at the Indiranagar RTO. I heard an agent was asking Rs.2000+ for that service when one of my friends had inquired.

Last edited by DudeWithaFiat : 29th June 2015 at 17:25.
Old 29th June 2015, 17:25   #44
BHPian

Wanted to share that at least in Thane, since the commissioner who took the anti-tout initiative has moved out, the touts are back in control.

Of course, paperwork at the RTO still does not move ahead at the pace it used to, but the grease seems to flow.
Old 29th June 2015, 18:01   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
Wanted to share that at least in Thane, since the commissioner who took the anti-tout initiative has moved out, the touts are back in control.

Of course, paperwork at the RTO still does not move ahead at the pace it used to, but the grease seems to flow.
Agree, even in Andheri RTO, I made the mistake of applying for a smart card instead of my RC book for my old Fiat Uno in December 2014, its still not been delivered. And this was through a tout! The progress of the last couple of years is being undone

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks