Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2015, 11:33   #31
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea with partial camo spotted - 1.5L diesel being tested?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Did you get a chance to peep into the interiors and spot any changes? Any stickers on the glass to give away?

What on earth is Fiat testing the Linea with, if its not an engine upgrade?
Yes I did, it all looked the same to me.
Exactly my thoughts, why would they camouflage some parts and go on testing the car unless it is an engine upgrade. Might be the 1.6 MJD?
Old 12th March 2015, 12:18   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Saw the camouflaged Linea in my building last week.
Isn't this the old rear? With the number plate on the bumper? The facelift moved the number plate to the tailgate.
Old 12th March 2015, 13:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post

Isn't this the old rear? With the number plate on the bumper? The facelift moved the number plate to the tailgate.
Exactly my thoughts blacksport. Or is this some sort of a cross between the old and facelift Linea to test the 1.5/1.6 MJD Engine ??

I mean, consider this:

1. As pointed above, the number plate on the F/L Linea is on the trunk lid, unlike the one in the pic.

2. The new one has Integrated mirror indicators. So why have they stuck a tape on the front fender. Is it to cover the badging or the old indicator ?

Most importantly, when the hottest players like Honda and Hyundai are upgrading/updating their models constantly, what has Fiat been waiting in the shadows for ?
Old 1st August 2015, 15:05   #34
Senior - BHPian

Given the launch of Maruti S-cross with fiat's 1.6L engine, could this car be a test mule with the same 1.6L diesel soon to be launched?

or is fiat planning to discontinue this car and launch Aegea with this new engine? any news further on these test mules or fiat launching this engine on any of their cars would be great.
Old 4th August 2015, 12:35   #35
BHPian

Am planning to replace my Scorpio and Fiat is the only sedan am considering to buy. Am not too happy with the current underpowered 1.3MJD and sold off the T-jet within 2mnths of owning it due to poor mileage (Otherwise gem of a motor it is).

Any reliable news of 1.6MJD on Linea in near future ?
Old 4th August 2015, 14:14   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Am planning to replace my Scorpio and Fiat is the only sedan am considering to buy. Am not too happy with the current underpowered 1.3MJD and sold off the T-jet within 2mnths of owning it due to poor mileage (Otherwise gem of a motor it is).

Any reliable news of 1.6MJD on Linea in near future ?
Sorry for the OT: How bad was the mileage in T-jet that you sold within 2 months?
Old 4th August 2015, 14:35   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssateesh View Post
Sorry for the OT: How bad was the mileage in T-jet that you sold within 2 months?
Average not more than 10kmpl. City limits = 7kmpl, Highways~11km. Got the best numbers when driving at ~80kmpl but thats not what I bought T-Jet for. Anyways no complaints with the vehicle as such.
Old 4th August 2015, 14:40   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Average not more than 10kmpl. City limits = 7kmpl, Highways~11km. Got the best numbers when driving at ~80kmpl but thats not what I bought T-Jet for. Anyways no complaints with the vehicle as such.
Surprised to see you get so less mileage with the T-Jet. I have known T-Jet owners to have easily achieved a mileage of 12 kmpl in the city and 16 kmpl on the highways. Guess has to do something with the driving style.

The MJD engine IMO does not seem underpowered at all. Having driven the Punto, Linea and the Avventura with the same engine can vouch for that.
Old 4th August 2015, 15:37   #39
Senior - BHPian

It is underpowered for the first 6000 kms. And after that it is overpowered and there is a jump in all the gears and acceleration is sharp. Only slight touches to accelerator are needed for most purposes. With this experience on 1.3 mjd in hindsight, I feel that the 1.6 mjd is safer on a great handling car than a medium handling or poor handling car because if one gets carried away then it is always better to be in a fiat rather than any other.
Old 4th August 2015, 17:22   #40
Senior - BHPian

I have been gunning my T-Jet everyday without fail, and I have not got anywhere below 11 kmpl.
Old 4th August 2015, 19:45   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Average not more than 10kmpl. City limits = 7kmpl, Highways~11km. Got the best numbers when driving at ~80kmpl but that's not what I bought T-Jet for. Anyways no complaints with the vehicle as such.
My T-Jet's mileage matches 2500CC's; I've just resigned myself to it. See my posts in the T-Jet Official review thread. The engine gives good mileage only when babied to an extreme degree, but as 2500CC said, that's not why you buy a T-Jet.

I had no plans to buy the T-Jet; went to test drive the MJD, but I couldn't stomach the turbo lag. Tested the T-Jet on a lark, and got hooked.

If the 1.5 or 1.5 MJD was available at that time (2013), I might have ended up buying it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks