Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2015, 12:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Caffe Car-O-Bar in Bangalore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Love the ambience, and the manner in which the rims are showcased on the wall (getting ideas now). That Punto DJ console is simply
The alloys are giving me ideas as well and i agree the punto console has to be one of the coolest things they have done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
Hmmm, when the competition is busy, conceptualizing and building sub 120 bhp hot hatches and SUVs, Fiat is busy selling coffee and peanuts!
Yeah i think everyone knows about the elephant in the room, and there can be countless discussions on why they are doing this when they are not doing anything on the sales front and i would agree with you on that statement as well , but with this one i think i would let it be for it is - which is that it's a nice concept and executed well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
I just hope they aren't serving liquor there because for a car showroom its absolutely essential that everyone get out of there sober.
Well i believe they do, but again i dont believe there is a need to link this to Fiat "supporting" drinking , its a lounge and that's that. Other brands do it as well

"Part of Burns Hyundai's premium experience includes invitations to complimentary wine tastings, strolling dinners or open-bar events at a nearby fine-dining restaurant with which the dealership has a partnership deal."

It's like establishing a link which says because Emirates serves drinks on board they encourage their pilots to drink and fly.

Last edited by puchoo : 6th March 2015 at 12:05.
Old 6th March 2015, 12:32   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
Hmmm, when the competition is busy, conceptualizing and building sub 120 bhp hot hatches and SUVs, Fiat is busy selling coffee and peanuts!
Good one Jeeva! I guess someone understood it wrong that Fiat wants to increase its customer base but forgot the car part On a serious note, I do hope this helps in creating a buzz and maybe some of these bar-customers decide to buy a Fiat car evenutally.
Old 6th March 2015, 14:02   #18
BHPian

Been to this place at Domlur twice so far.
- It's not packed and one can actually make conversation even when the rock music is blaring behind you.
- Reasonably priced compared to the extravagant prices not too far from here (northwards).
- It's not dark. It's quite beautiful inside, actually.

Last edited by GTO : 9th March 2015 at 12:08. Reason: Rule 11
nareshov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2015, 22:31   #19
BHPian

Visited this place this morning, while returning from our weekend ride. Decided to check this place out after going through this thread.

Very fine interiors. The bar has some amusing stickers/boards all around. One wall has vehicle number plates from literally every country.

Ordered Lemonade which was probably the best lemonade I've had till date. Very well balanced and in good quantity. Must try for anyone visiting this place.
Also tried out the Chicken Popcorn. OWNS the ones available in these fast food joints for sure.

Very well behaved and courteous staff, and beautiful ambience. No crowd, just a family and us. Must visit!
barcalad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2015, 11:59   #20
BHPian

Just got this some minutes ago:

Fiat Caffe Car-O-Bar in Bangalore!-img_0139.jpg

I have no idea how they got my office address, but I like what I got. No complaints
nareshov is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 10:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

This is good and makes sense to drive some footfalls, and i like the fact that they are offering this 15% to existing owners as relationship gesture.I wish they would open , again , something similar in Delhi.

They are also organizing events it seems , for example like this comedy night. More details https://www.facebook.com/events/1563543183923074/

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
Just got this some minutes ago:

I have no idea how they got my office address, but I like what I got. No complaints
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Caffe Car-O-Bar in Bangalore!-fiat.png  

Last edited by puchoo : 11th March 2015 at 11:24.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 12:28   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Did not find a thread on this hence posting.

An international brand set across 14 different cities across the world like New York, Hong Kong and Madrid, Fiat Caffe Car-O-Bar is the first-of-its-kind cafe in India. The automobile themed cafe boasts of an Italian inheritance and a bit of spunk.

Offering globally inspired food, the place has vintage lounge sofas and has used various parts of a car to enhance the beauty of its interiors.

Facebook page for more info : https://www.facebook.com/fiatcaffecarobar

Given how fiat is doing , maybe they should try out the restaurant business
Atleast if they serve good food and as we can see, the rates are reasonable, some people will come to the place just for food and might get interested in the history and legacy associated with the brand. Not everything is driven by sales numbers.

However, although this cafe looks cool, but the exposed hinges on the Punto DJ Desk is totally non-Italian. The hinge needed to go inside someway, probably something could be fabricated inspired by boot (dicky) hinges.

The second thing is the Pin-stand at the bottom of the Red Punto cut-away. I understand that they needed someting to support the half car structure, but a pin-stand kills it. Could have made the body sit on unexposed Cantelever brackets.
Old 13th March 2015, 15:35   #23

Fiat Comedy Nights - Just saw an ad on stand up comedy at the Fiat Caffe. Sounds interesting.
Fiat Caffe Car-O-Bar in Bangalore!-caffe.jpg
Old 13th March 2015, 15:40   #24

Fiat Comedy Nights - Just saw an ad on stand up comedy at the Fiat Caffe. Sounds interesting.
The tickets can be booked on Bookmyshow or 080-65684444
Old 13th March 2015, 17:43   #25
BHPian

Yes, this new cafe in Domlur is good. They have done a nice work on interiors and is reasonably priced as well. Tehre is a stand up comedy show arranged for tonight and tickets can be booked on book my show.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks