Team-BHP - Jaguar XE coming to India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Jaguar XE coming to India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/164376-jaguar-xe-coming-india-5.html)

I am pretty sure there would be 8-10L discounts on this by the year end looking at the pricing. If I'm in the market for the XE, I'd wait a few months.

The 40lac pure edition is not even worth considering. Halogen headlamps on a luxury car - you gotta be kidding me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetvar26 (Post 3905352)
Is the XE-S even coming to India?

I can't see it being any less than 65L ex showroom considering the Audi S5 retails for 63L ex showroom and that is its only competitor along with perhaps the CLA 45 AMG, though that's in a different segment. I'm taking about performance, price and engine comparisons.

I was hoping they'd bring it - It is their halo model as of now. I always quote the 300 BHP Volvo S60 in comparison (priced about 42L ex-showroom). Rest are incredibly overpriced

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandeep108 (Post 3905488)
The juicier motor in the 328i had hardly any takers so what makes Jaguar think they will get much enthusiasts for this petrol model and that too with their current reputation.

That would also be related to quota allocated to India. I believe only 50 cars were shipped to India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX (Post 3905489)
I would say its certainly not aggressive pricing, but may be a strategic pricing. If we compare prices in other countries, the difference between XE and german trio is very less and same is the story here as well. The strategy to launch different engine with different specs is still out of reach of my mind. Higher bhp with meridian system and all may be justifying the difference of 6.5 lacs, just at par. But i am sure one more variant in the middle is in line, when they launch the diesel version.

May be I just don't understand their strategy. Diesel Pure will be priced more than the existing Pure and a Portfolio diesel is on the way for sure. All pushing price towards next segment cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer (Post 3905530)
May be I just don't understand their strategy. Diesel Pure will be priced more than the existing Pure and a Portfolio diesel is on the way for sure. All pushing price towards next segment cars.

Almost all next segment cars are due for facelift or new generation. Thats the reason you feel the pricing on higher side. Just now got a call from Audi, damn good discounts on A4. Without discount the on road price for technology variant is 48 lacs in ahmedabad. New XE portfolio will be somewhere around 50 lacs on road, that says their pricing strategy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeluM (Post 3902592)
Apparently the new XE is a really good car:

The reviewer is American, and the cars compared are the top-spec versions, but should still give a good idea of what to expect. The BMW 3 Series has a global reputation of being the best in its class.

They are both brilliant driver's cars and easily the best in their segments, the Jag just pips it being an all new platform. So if you were really an enthusiast you would find the XE to be a brilliant alternative to the 3.

But in India these cars are predominantly a prestige buy. They want the luxury brand more than they want a driver's car. Most of them would end up being back seat passengers. Hence the likes of the C class and to a lesser extent the A4 wins. More luxurious 'looking' interiors, more rear seat space, better ride quality even and most importantly 'more bling' . The XE was never designed prioritizing these parameters.

Therefore I think the Jag will struggle to find buyers in India.

Its brilliantly engineered, easily the best driver's car and one of the sportiest 4 door packages available in the world. But all that logic defies the desi seth, Jag has lost him on this one!

The desi seth will want the biggest car/bling to be driven in. If Audi bring in say an A6 with a 1.3L diesel (NOT petrol) engine with 80bhp and floaty suspension at say OTR 40L, as long as it runs reliably, he/she is happy and it will be bought in droves as compared to better/powerful 3/C/XE at 45-50L!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer (Post 3905530)
I was hoping they'd bring it - It is their halo model as of now. I always quote the 300 BHP Volvo S60 in comparison (priced about 42L ex-showroom). Rest are incredibly overpriced

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about the S60 T6. 4 cylinder, 304hp and 400nm torque that does 0-100 in about 6 seconds. I think that car is value for money currently, except that it is an old platform like the Audi S4, S5 as against to the CLA 45 AMG or the Jag XE-S if launched.

Note from Support: Thread closed. Please continue the discussion at our new Jaguar XE thread.