Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2015, 20:37   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW imports 3 Series facelift for testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The new 3-Series has grown bigger and offers nearly as much rear seat legroom as the F10 5-Series......
I don't know about internal space (not been in one), but take the 3xx badge off the boot and a layman would be hard-pressed to tell whether it's a 3 or a 5.

I personally feel the 3 is losing its 'compact driver's car' identity with each new model. Is a new 3 as chuckable as say one from 10 years ago?
Old 13th June 2015, 11:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
I don't know about internal space (not been in one), but take the 3xx badge off the boot and a layman would be hard-pressed to tell whether it's a 3 or a 5.

I personally feel the 3 is losing its 'compact driver's car' identity with each new model. Is a new 3 as chuckable as say one from 10 years ago?
Oh yes it is as chuckable, quite surprisingly. The 5 drives like a big barge comparatively.
sandeep108 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 13:03   #18
Team-BHP Support

The 3-Series facelift has been spotted in India

Link to Team-BHP News Article

BMW imports 3 Series facelift for testing-31.jpg

BMW imports 3 Series facelift for testing-32.jpg

BMW imports 3 Series facelift for testing-33.jpg

Source: Autocar India
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 14:49   #19
BHPian

Shocking to see it on a flat bed. I hope this is only getting transported to a test location and not to a work shop!
Old 20th July 2015, 15:35   #20
Team-BHP Support

Was rather concerned that they are going to use the same engines and not the updated ones as stated in report.
Old 20th July 2015, 16:13   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Was rather concerned that they are going to use the same engines and not the updated ones as stated in report.
Had decoded the vin, definitely the updated B47 engine. Its already in the X3 which is assembled here.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2015, 17:42   #22
BHPian

Would love to see a 3-series with manual transmission. I wonder what prevents them since, it is available abroad.
Old 20th July 2015, 19:17   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

The last car on the flat bed (silver car) seems to have twin tail pipes. Should be the 328i(now 330i).

Also i believe the rims seem to be like an M sport trim and have a feeling this model will have a complete M sport avatar
Old 2nd November 2015, 12:21   #24
BHPian

Any updates on this guys?

Mods?

BMW Dealers?

Its November, 2015 already?

Should have been out by now

- Nucliomaniac
Old 2nd November 2015, 12:29   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucliomaniac View Post
Any updates on this guys?

Mods?

BMW Dealers?

Its November, 2015 already?

Should have been out by now

- Nucliomaniac
BMW has large stocks of the present 3. Hence they delay in launching the facelift.
Old 2nd November 2015, 13:25   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
BMW has large stocks of the present 3. Hence they delay in launching the facelift.
I believe so. Discounts are pretty good, I'm tempted to get the current model to replace my Superb since the facelift would not have much changes from what I see internationally. However, my experience has been that once the facelift is officially announced the discounts on the pre-facelift only improve. I hope BMW makes an announcement this month.

Any clue if there are stocks of the 328i left with any dealers? When did BMW stop imports of this since it was a CBU?

Will also be interesting to see what they do with the pricing and kit levels of the facelifted 3 as the new C has taken the same far ahead. Will be extremely hard for BMW to catch up.

Last edited by Sahil : 2nd November 2015 at 13:27.
Old 2nd November 2015, 16:43   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Discounts are pretty good, I'm tempted to get the current model to replace my Superb since the facelift would not have much changes from what I see internationally.
Why don't you pick base version of 7 which is available at tempting prices unless you specifically need smaller one in which case will suggest you to wait sometime more for better prices , they will surely like to go into next year with some numbers , 328i - not available with BMW , you will have to check with some dealers perhaps you can try Ahmedabad .
Old 2nd November 2015, 17:05   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Why don't you pick base version of 7 which is available at tempting prices unless you specifically need smaller one in which case will suggest you to wait sometime more for better prices , they will surely like to go into next year with some numbers , 328i - not available with BMW , you will have to check with some dealers perhaps you can try Ahmedabad .
Your post in the other thread got me pondering over the 7 whole of last week, now again you are adding to my confusion It is tempting no doubt but since I already have the new S i would prefer a smaller car. Besides the 3 will be used primarily by my sister for whom the 7 is way too big. Any idea what the discounts on the 320d sportline are in your city, since you always manage to get tempting discounts on beamers, I'm hoping you can get the low down on the 3 too!
Old 2nd November 2015, 17:21   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I'm hoping you can get the low down on the 3 too!
Actually, I'm also looking to buy a 3 but the lowest end model. The Chandigarh dealership was offering 29.75 Ex showroom once we were seriously thinking of purchasing in December last year.
Old 2nd November 2015, 17:26   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Any idea what the discounts on the 320d sportline are in your city, since you always manage to get tempting discounts on beamers, I'm hoping you can get the low down on the 3 too!
Yes there are indeed some lower rates here and given the relations with dealership they normally don't disappoint one of guys picked 320-D at around 29,5 , you make up your mind and take flight to Chandigarh - will try to get better

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3838074

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks