Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2015, 17:47   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

SCOOP: 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport spotted undisguised

The 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport has been snapped while being tested out in the open, on the streets of Navi Mumbai, by the OnCars team.

Scheduled to be launched in August 2015, this is the first time that the luxury SUV has been caught on camera on Indian shores.

The car will be offered in both petrol and diesel variants - a 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine that will churn out 250PS of peak power, and a 2.2-litre four-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine capable of delivering 180PS of peak power. An all-new 9-speed automatic transmission will come as standard in both the variants with an all-wheel-drive system.

It will be brought in via the CKD route and is expected to be priced between Rs.45-50 lakhs (ex-showroom, Mumbai).

SCOOP: 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport spotted undisguised-f023013f778bd2992ccb854437e68a7a_555x416_1.jpg

SCOOP: 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport spotted undisguised-9e4ad1849a1ac034b8fe0bca6a487d97_555x416_1.jpg

Quote:
As you can see in these pictures, the new 2015 Discovery Sport comes with new styling cues and shares most of its design element with the new generation Range Rovers. Having said that it still carries the same muscular and rugged persona of the older Discovery and Freelander. On the exterior front, the new Discovery Sport comes with xenon headlights upfront and horizontal LED fog lamps. It offers new beefy bumpers with both front and rear skid plates. At the rear you get some brand new arc reactor style LED tail lamps.
On feature front the new Discovery Sport comes with new touchscreen infotainment system, leather seat upholstery, dual-zone climate control system, panoramic sunroof, front seats with electric adjustment and USB charging sockets. Also it features a luxurious 5 + 2 seating arrangement in the body size of a regular five-seater SUV, making it quite an accomplishment.
RavenAvi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 19:35   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: SCOOP: 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport spotted undisguised

We test drove this here in Canada last week in Petrol , it does appear larger than Evoque and handles better but interior quality - at least what they sell here is mediocre . Panoramic is huge and surely gives a very nice feel to overall cabin . I also found central console bothersome during short drive as our legs were constantly hitting sides of the console - both passenger as well driver . My brother who was driving this complained about turbo kicking in late although overall acceleration was quick .

I am not sure if this will be able to pull up the numbers given the limited engine options in first few years and general ergonomics . I will pick an Automatic Fortuner any day over this .

Last edited by Turbanator : 22nd June 2015 at 19:50.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 06:34   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I am not sure if this will be able to pull up the numbers given the limited engine options in first few years and general ergonomics . I will pick an Automatic Fortuner any day over this .
Engine options are really not a big deal in India. 95% of people are happy if there is some diesel engine. I have been waiting for the Discovery Sport, but as you said, the new refreshed 2016 Fortuner automatic with 4WD will make a lot more sense that the Discovery Sport. The only thing though is that Fortuner has become like the Sumo in most cities. You pull into a signal and there is a fortuner in all sides of you. It is definitely a testament to Toyota's success. The Discovery Sport however, will give you some exclusivity atleast in India. To be honest, that is the only reason, I am considering it over the Fortuner Automatic. More a head vs heart battle .

The main advantage the Discovery Sport has over the other premium SUV/CUVs priced in the same bracket such as the X3, Q5, etc is the +2 kids seats offered in the back.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 23rd June 2015 at 13:28. Reason: discover to discovery corrected. Thanks :)
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 06:38   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

How do you rate the Evoque?
I really like that and aspire to own one some day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Engine options are really not a big deal in India. 95% of people are happy if there is some diesel engine. I have been waiting for the Discovery Sport, acket such as the X3, Q5, etc is the +2 kids seats offered in the back.
Old 23rd June 2015, 11:58   #5
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The main advantage the Discover Sport has over the other premium SUV/CUVs priced in the same bracket such as the X3, Q5, etc is the +2 kids seats offered in the back.
I have seen more than a few Discovery Sports under test in India, none of them had the 7 seat configuration. All were 5 seaters.

I have plenty of pics too, but do not have the permission to upload any.
Old 23rd June 2015, 13:10   #6
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP: 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport spotted undisguised

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I have seen more than a few Discovery Sports under test in India, none of them had the 7 seat configuration. All were 5 seaters.

I have plenty of pics too, but do not have the permission to upload any.
Isn't that because the last row folds down to give a completely flat boot? Test cars probably have kit in the boot so they wouldn't bother to pull the seats up. The car is more 5+2, not a seven seater like the XC90, the seats are alright for short journeys if you pull the middle row towards the front seats, all according to the carbuyer uk review, not me.

This car is a Land Rover and it competes with the Japanese offerings,the focus is on utility, luxury seekers will have to get a LR4 or something.
Old 23rd June 2015, 13:12   #7
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
Isn't that because the last row folds down to give a completely flat boot? Test cars probably have kit in the boot so they wouldn't bother to pull the seats up. The car is more 5+2, not a seven seater like the XC90, the seats are alright for short journeys if you pull the middle row towards the front seats, all according to the carbuyer uk review, not me.

This car is a Land Rover and it competes with the Japanese offerings,the focus is on utility, luxury seekers will have to get a LR4 or something.
Maybe you are right. But all the cars I saw had big parcel trays in the boot, so I don't think they had the 2 seats folded down.

This surprised me as well, as I had earlier read that the Discovery Sport is a 5+2 seater.
Old 23rd June 2015, 15:09   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
How do you rate the Evoque?
I have not taken a TD of the evoque yet. The Discovery Sport has slightly modified version of the Evoque platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Globally the Dicover Sport is available as 5+2 configuration. The +2 kids seats fold down to the floor to create a flat floor. The luggage tray maybe optional. Given that the 7 Seat is a major selling point in India, I would be surprised if they removed that option for India. But then again, with Tata Management anything is possible.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 03:05   #9
Zed
BHPian

Quote:
Globally the Dicover Sport is available as 5+2 configuration. The +2 kids seats fold down to the floor to create a flat floor
In Germany its an extra that you pay for. The additional seats negatively influences CO2 emission according to the LR deutsch website
Zed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 14:18   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

The 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport will be priced from 46.3 lakhs, ex-showroom Pune, upon it's launch on September 2nd.

The top-end model is expected to be priced at 54.2 lakhs.

Quote:
Jaguar Land Rover will introduce the Land Rover Discovery Sport in India on 2nd September 2015.

The Discovery Sport will be priced at Rs. 46.3 lakh (ex-showroom Pune) for the entry-level model and the prices will go up to Rs. 54.2 lakh.

On-road prices for the base variant will climb to Rs. 50.7 lakh.

What’s interesting is that the SUV is already accounting for a waiting period of around 6 months in certain cities even before the official launch.

The Discovery Sport measures 4,599 mm in length, 2,173 mm in width, 1,724 mm in height and has a wheelbase of 2,741 mm.

It will be available as a 5+2 seater SUV.
Shifting Gears
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 10:17   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

The 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport will be launched on September 2nd, and will be available in FOUR trims - S, SE, HSE and HSE LUXURY.

SCOOP: 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport spotted undisguised-20150826052608_discox.jpg

LR Discovery Sport S:
  • 17-inch alloy wheels with full size spare
  • Cloth s​eats
  • 6-speaker audio system
  • 6 airbags
  • Electrically adjustable and heated wing mirrors
LR Discovery Sport SE: (in addition to S)
  • Fixed panoramic roof
  • Electrically adjustable and folding heated wing mirrors
  • Automatic Xenon headlamps with LED daytime running lamps
  • Rain sensing wipers
  • 17-inch 10 spoke alloy wheels with full sized spare
  • Part-leather seats with second row 60:40 split, slide and recline feature
  • Cruise control
  • Front and rear parking sensors
  • Interior mood lighting
  • 10-speaker audio system
  • 7-seater option (available with smaller spare wheel)
LR Discovery Sport HSE: (in addition to SE)
  • Grained leather seats and steering wheel
  • Dual zone climate control
  • 10- ​speaker premium audio system.
LR Discovery Sport HSE Luxury: (in addition to HSE)
  • Adaptive MagneRide suspension Contrast roof shade
  • Adaptive Xenon headlamps
  • Premium “Windsor” Leather seats and carpets
  • 17-speaker Premium Meridian Surround sound audio
  • Rear-seat entertainment package.

The Discovery Sport will come with a 9-speed ZF Automatic gearbox as standard on all Discovery Sport trims.

Apart from the above equipment, all trims come with Hill Descent Control (HDC), Roll Stability Control (RSC) and Dynamic Stability Control (DSC).

The Discovery Sport will be powered with a 2179cc diesel engine in two states of tune – a TD4 version making 148bhp of power and 40.78 kgm of torque on the S, SE and HSE variants; and a more powerful 188bhp SD4 version available only on the top-spec trim.

AutoCar
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2015, 16:13   #12
Senior - BHPian

Re: Land Rover Discovery Concept. EDIT: Now unveiled

Land Rover India have started accepting bookings for Discovery Sport.
I received an email from Land Rover. The SUV will come with 5+2 seating configuration, 9 Speed Auto box, park assist and terrain response feature as per the email.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP: 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport spotted undisguised-lr.jpg  

PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2015, 16:16   #13
BHPian

Folks the pricing I've received from JLR is 52 for the HSE and 60 for the HSE plus ex showroom. And company registered HSE plus 79.34 L
R170 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2015, 23:05   #14
BHPian

Some photos of the discoveries I checked out at Tata corporate showroom

SCOOP: 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport spotted undisguised-imageuploadedbyteambhp1440869556.878164.jpg
SCOOP: 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport spotted undisguised-imageuploadedbyteambhp1440869604.063059.jpg
SCOOP: 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport spotted undisguised-imageuploadedbyteambhp1440869642.167595.jpg
SCOOP: 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport spotted undisguised-imageuploadedbyteambhp1440869668.524187.jpg
SCOOP: 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport spotted undisguised-imageuploadedbyteambhp1440869693.393780.jpg

White and tan is a super pretty combo!

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th August 2015 at 23:48. Reason: Aligning the pics.
R170 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks