Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2015, 16:38   #1
Team-BHP Support

Mercedes-Benz E-Class (MY 16) gets more features

Mercedes-Benz India has given the E-Class sedan some more features.

Mercedes-Benz E-Class (MY 16) gets more features-new-eclass_1.jpg

The E-Class now gets the new Audio 20 telematics multimedia system with radio, and CD player. The latest telematics version also introduces a 20.3 cm colour media display and features USB ports and an SD card slot in the centre console, pre installation for Garmin Map Pilot navigation integrated media interface port for iPod or iPhone, Bluetooth interface with hands-free function and audio streaming for playing music files. Additionally, addresses can be transferred from a mobile phone to the head unit.

Mercedes-Benz E-Class (MY 16) gets more features-new-eclass_3.jpg

The navigation software and map data is now set on an SD memory card. Key elements of the Garmin Maps are:
  • 7,068 cities mapped at a street level and residential house level data for 80 cities
  • Over 10.63 million POIs, 3D terrain, building and landmark view
  • 2.1 million kms of road length
  • Photo-realistic junction view and lane assist
  • 5,79,000 towns and villages
  • 360 degree rotation function

Mercedes-Benz E-Class (MY 16) gets more features-new-eclass-_2.jpg

All models of the E-Class get a reverse camera with dynamic guide lines to assist the driver.

Mercedes-Benz E-Class (MY 16) gets more features-new-eclass_4.jpg

Prices (ex-showroom, Delhi):
  • E 200 - Rs. 48.50 lakh
  • E 250 CDI - Rs. 50.70 lakh
  • E 350 CDI - Rs. 59.90 lakh

Last edited by Aditya : 25th June 2015 at 12:13.
Aditya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 17:07   #2
BHPian

Re: Mercedes-Benz E-Class (MY 16) gets more features

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

All models of the E-Class get a reverse camera with dynamic guide lines to assist the driver.
Is this too much to expect from the very beginning in a car that costs half a crore?!
Aston Singh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 21:21   #3
BANNED

After booking the e 250 cdi @ 45 lakhs ex showroom with 5 lakhs discount, I am still in a dilemma whether to go ahead and purchase or wait for the new E...or is the new c worth the money...
Which one would get me a good resale value in 3-5 years.
Old 25th June 2015, 10:33   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolajj View Post
After booking the e 250 cdi @ 45 lakhs ex showroom with 5 lakhs discount, I am still in a dilemma whether to go ahead and purchase or wait for the new E...or is the new c worth the money...
Thats a no-brainer.Obviously, the C will hold its value better as its a new generation. The next gen E will be here well before you sell and that will crush your resale value on a current E. It also will crush your heart seeing the next gen around while you are pushing around in your dated yet new car. Pardon me for being blunt

Besides resale, the new C is way ahead of the current E in styling, features, tech and almost every single thing albeit it is less spacious.

I would strongly recommend you get the C aka Baby S over the E at this point, hands down.

Last edited by Sahil : 25th June 2015 at 10:36.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 10:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Bluetooth interface with hands-free function and audio streaming for playing music files. Additionally, addresses can be transfer from a mobile phone to the head unit.
The E Class didn't have these features?! Shocking!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Besides resale, the new C way ahead of the current E in styling, features and almost every single thing albeit it is less spacious.

I would strongly recommend you get the C aka Baby S over the E at this point, hands down.
I totally agree. The C is a much better buy then the E today specially with the new E coming soon. Though I don't like the new C's styling specially the rear, I would still pick it over the E if I had to choose between these two cars.
amit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 12:22   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Honestly after sitting in the new C-Class, it is a class apart. It makes you feel so much more special every time you get in compared to the more expensive E!

On a pure VFM perspective, avoid either. Germans typically tend to depreciate like stink after 4-5 years, not to mention the higher cost of running and servicing. However, if you get a very good deal (say 7-8L) off, it might make sense to pick up the E Class instead just from the Value perspective.

Coming back to the topic:
Does this mean that Mercedes has finally addressed one of the weakest points in the interiors? That horrible 90's style media display has finally been upgraded to something that looks contemporary in today's day and age?
Has MB-India released any pictures of the new display? Safe to assume it will be similar to the one on the C-Class and the likes?

Heck, when I drove the E250 late last year, I found the interiors of the old E60 5 series more appealing - primarily due to this display and lack of leather seats (this artificial leather is fine, but nothing compared to the pre-FL E Classes like the one pictured in the Official review - either in terms of feel, or aesthetics).
But with the new display, might just be a good daily driver once the massive discounts start
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 13:26   #7
Senior - BHPian

I dont know if its just me, but the E class to me, somehow feels better built than the present C, there is a certain old world charm in the way the doors shut.
1100D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 20:42   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Thats a no-brainer.Obviously, the C will hold its value better as its a new generation. The next gen E will be here well before you sell and that will crush your resale value on a current E. It also will crush your heart seeing the next gen around while you are pushing around in your dated yet new car. Pardon me for being blunt

Besides resale, the new C is way ahead of the current E in styling, features, tech and almost every single thing albeit it is less spacious.

The E Klasse has always been more conservatively styled than either the S or the C in MB's lineup. That is because the E is positioned at mid-level corporate executives who want nothing to do with flamboyance. The S and C will always be highly stylized and it will remain with the next gen E as well. Expect the all new E to look like a major refresh rather than an 'M' sized S Klasse.
Old 25th June 2015, 20:46   #9
BHPian

I wouldn't buy an E-class at this time as the next generation is just around the corner and going by the design of new S class and C class...i think its going to be a looker!

Last edited by GTO : 28th June 2015 at 12:36. Reason: Typo
Old 25th June 2015, 23:07   #10
BHPian

We had the same dilemma when we bought the E class in March 2015. Tested both cars extensively but found the E class more value compared to the C. Although the interiors of the C class feels superior to the E in the first impression , the E is made up of better quality materials. The ride is much better in the E, so is the space. As per the information that I could gather the next generation E will be launched in India only by late 2016 or early 2017. And its price may increase by a considerable margin. And only the 6 cylinder models will be launched initially. So I think, the E is still better than the C.
nitinmurali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 23:17   #11
BHPian

Well I am sorry about this post, and the fact that I am commenting despite being very far from being able to afford one, but the enthusiast in me is unable to understand how on earth can we start with this:

Mercedes-Benz E-Class (MY 16) gets more features-mercedesbenzeclasses18165052.jpg

Mercedes-Benz E-Class (MY 16) gets more features-mercedesbenzeclasses18165054.jpg

Mercedes-Benz E-Class (MY 16) gets more features-mercedesbenzeclasses18165056.jpg

and end up with this...

Mercedes-Benz E-Class (MY 16) gets more features-neweclass_1.jpg

Mercedes-Benz E-Class (MY 16) gets more features-neweclass_4.jpg

And we call this progressive exterior design. I mean, I can't even get to the huge improvements in pedestrian safety, dynamics and reliability (heh heh) that Mercedes must have made between 1992 and 2015 as I am already blinded by the looks (my eyes........)

Note: W124 images courtesy PH classifieds

Last edited by vipul_singh : 25th June 2015 at 23:23.
vipul_singh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 11:28   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul_singh View Post
Well I am sorry about this post, and the fact that I am commenting despite being very far from being able to afford one, but the enthusiast in me is unable to understand how on earth can we start with this:

Attachment 1386130

Attachment 1386131

Attachment 1386136

and end up with this...

Attachment 1386132

Attachment 1386133

And we call this progressive exterior design. I mean, I can't even get to the huge improvements in pedestrian safety, dynamics and reliability (heh heh) that Mercedes must have made between 1992 and 2015 as I am already blinded by the looks (my eyes........)

Note: W124 images courtesy PH classifieds
I feel the new one is a modern interpretation of the design and to be honest looks much younger than the older generations...which I feel is a step in the right direction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks