Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2006, 17:46   #16
BHPian

If one has business or income from profession, then buying on or before 30th September will help in claiming complete depreciation at the prescribed rates, else the depreciation will be 50 % of the prescribed rate.

Thanks
diablo29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2006, 22:45   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha
Another quick question I had was, if the vehicle had to be serviced at the same dealership that the car was initially purchased at?
No Not at all. You can get it serviced at any authorized service station of TATA.
Old 4th September 2006, 10:55   #18
BHPian

Best time is to buy is in Decemeber. Book it around 3rd or 4th week of December '06 and register it in Jan '07. You can avail the discounts and fell like your car is 2007 model, as the registration shows 2007.

This may help while selling your car later, as the year in RTO book shows 2007!.
Old 4th September 2006, 13:12   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallikarjun
Best time is to buy is in Decemeber. Book it around 3rd or 4th week of December '06 and register it in Jan '07. You can avail the discounts and fell like your car is 2007 model, as the registration shows 2007.

This may help while selling your car later, as the year in RTO book shows 2007!.
You mean book in december and take delivery in Jan?

Or, is it possible (legally) to take delivery in Dec and register in Jan?
Old 27th February 2016, 10:22   #20
BANNED

Re: Best time for vehicle purchase

In US, Aug may be the best time, but in India...

Source
Attached Thumbnails
Best time for vehicle purchase-1446553931155283375.jpg  

mithun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2016, 12:38   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

In India, there are multiple times over the year when it's a great time to buy a car.

1. Diwali time (a lot of discounts on offer)
2. December end (year end sales pressure + price revision in Jan = a lot discounts / savings)
3. March - I have seen dealerships offering good discounts in March as well, most probably due to the financial year end. I think this is a time when a lot of people buy new cars and make use of the depreciation benefits. It also is a good time to buy a car as the Road Tax etc are hiked by almost every state, effective from Apr 01.

Apart from this, I believe dealers also provide discounts in each state on account of some major festivals (eg. Onam in Kerala)

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 27th February 2016 at 12:39.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2016, 14:05   #22
BHPian

When I had started the process of finalising the purchase of new car (Wagon R) in Dec 2012, almost all the dealers I had visited were following very intensely for my decision. Apart from the cash discount of Rs 15,000/-, they were willing to give accessories (free or heavily discounted) like rear camera, premium floor mats, a box of 3 car perfumes, duster, car cover, sunfilm, rear spoiler, car wash coupons etc. Probably, they would have cut down on the accessories if I were to purchase the car on Jan 2013 / 2013 manufacture models.
Old 6th November 2020, 18:29   #23
BANNED

I have previously answered this question but looking at the current scenario in India if you are looking to buy a car during Diwali to snag some killer discounts, be ready to lower expectations and consider models that are not a Maruti Suzuki or Hyundai. While these two carmakers are offering discounts nearing Rs. 50,000 on a few selling models, these conditional discounts are available in regular months as well.

Besides, don't go looking for any major discounts on the volume-churning small cars as they are anyway in good demand. The attention-grabbing headlining offers are only available on the more expensive products in the stable. Here's a look at the best offers on cars during Diwali

Maruti Ertiga ~ Up to Rs. 55,000
Hyundai Elantra ~ Up to Rs. 1 Lakh
Honda Civic Diesel ~ Rs. 2.50 Lakh
Toyota Innova Crysta ~ Up to Rs. 65,000
Renault Duster ~ Up to Rs. 70,000
Tata Harrier ~ Up to Rs. 65,000
Mahindra Alturas G4 ~ Up to Rs. 3.06 Lakh

All the above are indicative offers. I would recommend waiting until December. That's when dealers are looking to clear the current year's inventory before the fresh model year units arrive. Good Luck!
Keyur Shah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 12:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

I think it is always nice to start hunting around mid November. Taking test drives and Quotes. By Mid December you can expect call backs and be flooded with offers to clear up inventory stock. But you might miss out on your proffered color choice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks