Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2015, 21:00   #46
BHPian

Re: Scoop! XUV500 Petrol caught testing in Chennai

My uncle owns a ford feista 1.6 duratec petrol that has run 300000 kms. I have driven it and it still runs fine. He did that in approximately 5 or 6 years. I asked him why he didn't opt for a deisel. He replied that though the running costs are higher he didn't believe a deisel feista to last 3 lakh kms. According to him deisel feista would be a headache to maintain after 1 lakh kms. So I have a person here who believes that cars which are going to be kept for high mileages should be a petrol. He also gave me a tip. If you want to change car at 80000 kms to 100000 kms buy a deisel.
Old 1st August 2015, 16:48   #47
BHPian

I agree. The additional cost of servicing a diesel vehicle with the additional initial cost and with moderate running is higher overall than a petrol vehicle. However, as several distinguished BHPians have pointed out, if they launch a scorpio with thinner sheets of metal and a smaller engine, then overall it will be a disappointment. I have driven my earlier scorpio for 3 lac km in about 7 years and it was a good solid piece of machinery which I loved. Anything lighter would not be as much fun.
Old 31st May 2016, 10:41   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Petrol-powered versions of the XUV500 and the Scorpio coming later this year, according to Pawan Goenka, Executive Director, Mahindra & Mahindra.

Quote:
A top company official indicated that M&M will soon offer petrol engine versions of its big volume products and work towards making the entire portfolio both petrol as well as diesel-driven.

Pawan Goenka, M&M executive director, said, "Despite being a diesel player, we had a feeling that a diesel-only approach may not be good enough. Now, we will launch the Scorpio and XUV500 in petrol this year and in future all vehicles will have both options ." That's a big shift for the SUV-maker whose pipeline, till recently, was only diesel.

M&M began its petrol drive with the KUV100 which is powered by the company's mFALCON family of petrol and diesel engines. Mahindra group plans an investment of 10,000 crore in capex, product development as well as investment in group companies over the next 3 years, he said.
ET
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks