Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2015, 13:47   #1
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai Verna and i20 to get touchscreen infotainment systems

Earlier this year, we had reported that Hyundai is planning to equip the Elite i20 hatchback with a touchscreen infotainment system (click here to read report). Now, according to a new media report, this touchscreen infotainment system is likely to feature in the i20 Active and Verna 4S sedan as well.

Recently, Hyundai had deleted some features form the Elite i20. It is believed that these deletions were carried out so that the infotainment system could be accommodated without raising the price of the car drastically. With the touchscreen infotainment system being added to the Elite i20 and i20 Active, Hyundai plans to take on the recently launched Honda Jazz, which is equipped with the feature. The updated models are expected to hit the showrooms by the end of July.

The Verna 4S has been slipping down the charts month after month. The Honda City and Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, which are the two strongest players in the segment, have touchscreen infotainment systems on their higher variants. The updated Verna 4S is expected to go on sale around Diwali.

Source: Autocar India
Aditya is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 15:24   #2
BHPian

re: Hyundai Verna and i20 to get touchscreen infotainment systems

Remove rear discs, air bags and add touch screen HU. No wonder Hyundai has the pulse of the Indian market in its grasp
Bhodrolok is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 15:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodrolok View Post

Remove rear discs, air bags and add touch screen HU. No wonder Hyundai has the pulse of the Indian market in its grasp
How I wish Hyundai PR reads this post Bhodrolok !!

Seriously man, I really had a lot of respect for Hyundai Cars as they offered some of the segment firsts courageously at time when other manufacturers were still calculating their profits & losses. I mean what about the first gen I20 CRDI Asta that came with Sunroof or the Getz that offered a Stupendous 1.5 CRDI engine along with Hydraulic power steering.

I guess Hyundai have realized that to stay on top, you have to copy Maruti way now:

"Just give the customers what they Want, forget what they Need" !!

Last edited by Vik0728 : 24th July 2015 at 15:46.
Vik0728 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 18:41   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
"Just give the customers what they Want, forget what they Need" !!
I think we are reading too much into the rear discs omission. I am currently driving a Hyundai Accent (Verna) hatch here in South Africa with a 1.6L petrol engine and rear discs. the braking is nothing to write home about, my 2012 Punto with close to 30K KMS on it and with original brake pads/shoes has an infinitely stronger bite that the accent.
This rental car has barely done 5K KMS and I picked it up immediately after its service.

So as long as the car has reasonable braking capability irrespective whether it has discs or drums at the rear, it should not really matter.

My two cents.
Old 24th July 2015, 18:54   #5
BHPian

Now that the Creta AT pricing is announced and going 17L in some cities, I had hoped Hyundai to also announce a (6 speed) AT version on the Elite i20/ Active. But doesn't seem like AT is in the offing on the i20 anytime soon or else this news would have included a mention of it :(.

Last edited by ashua : 24th July 2015 at 18:57.
Old 24th July 2015, 19:01   #6
BHPian

Interesting move from Hyundai which will surely not go well with previous buyers.

Something similar was done on igen i20, the initial batch of cars did not come with an option to choose DRLs. But later on it was added.
Maybe the IT trend of 'normalisation' is slowly making its way into the automobile sector.
Old 25th July 2015, 12:33   #7
BHPian

Just read Hyundai is increasing prices up to 30k for all cars except creta. Price rise to come into effect from August 1, 2015.

Hyundai is definitely testing the customer loyalty.
Link
http://auto.ndtv.com/news/hyundai-in...fected-1200415
Old 26th July 2015, 11:48   #8
BHPian

I am glad I bought my i20 CDRi (Asta) in 2010. It has disc brakes all round. It's a shame really that Verna being a segment above has rear drums ! To be honest I have not come across a single touch screen in cars that doesn't drive you mad. Tried navigation in a friend's new Scorpio and it's so slow and can't keep up with what you type. Hyundai have also been increasing their service costs year on year.
Old 30th July 2015, 14:27   #9
BHPian

Hyundai i20 and Verna will get Creta’s 7-inch AVN system.

Hyundai Verna and i20 to get touchscreen infotainment systems-1.jpg
Hyundai Verna and i20 to get touchscreen infotainment systems-2.jpg
Hyundai Verna and i20 to get touchscreen infotainment systems-3.jpg
Hyundai Verna and i20 to get touchscreen infotainment systems-4.jpg

Quote:
Hyundai Motor India Ltd. (HMIL) will soon introduce a touchscreen entertainment-cum-navigation system on the Elite i20, i20 Active and the Verna. The system in question is the same 7-inch touchscreen AVN system that is offered on the Creta, IndianAutosBlog comes to know

The 7-inch unit on the Creta is part of the OEM offering, which is why DVD playback or even pairing a new Bluetooth device requires the car to come to a stop (according to government regulations, the DVD screen at the front should be operational only when the vehicle is stationary, and hence does not distract the driver), though several after-market units can be operable anytime.

The system comes with in-built navigation and turn-by-turn voice-guided assistance (does not require a separate SD card, or a CD to load maps), and also doubles up as a display for the reverse camera. Other features include USB, AUX-in, Bluetooth 4.0 with audio streaming, phone-support with dialer and contacts, MP3, FM and AM.
Source: IAB
damager21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 13:25   #10
Team-BHP Support

Hyundai launches Elite i20, i20 Active with AVN infotainment system

Hyundai has given the Elite i20 and i20 Active an update. The cars are now equipped with an Audio Video Navigation (AVN) infotainment system, with a 7-inch touchscreen.

Hyundai Verna and i20 to get touchscreen infotainment systems-interiors.jpg

The AVN infotainment system comes with pre-loaded maps, satellite based voice guided navigation, pre-saved routes, suggestive keyboard and rear camera display. It has Bluetooth connectivity which allows users to their phones and implement functions on screen including browsing contacts, dialing, answering and streaming music.

Hyundai Verna and i20 to get touchscreen infotainment systems-elitei20.jpg

With this move, Hyundai is looking to take on the third-generation Honda Jazz, which was launched in July. The top-of-the-line VX variant of the Jazz comes with an AVN touchscreen infotainment system as well.

This AVN system is available in the Asta (O) trim level of the Elite i20 and the SX variant of the i20 Active.

Hyundai Verna and i20 to get touchscreen infotainment systems-i20-active.jpg

Prices (ex-showroom, Delhi):

Elite i20
Asta (O) Petrol - Rs. 7,16,547
Asta (O) Diesel) - Rs. 8,28,496

i20 Active
SX (Petrol) - Rs. 7,92,045
SX (Diesel) - Rs. 9,16,685
Aditya is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 13:31   #11
BHPian

Re: Hyundai launches Elite i20, i20 Active with AVN infotainment system

Is this same or similar to the AVN in Creta? Can we get this fit for lower variants of Creta as an after market fitment?
Old 31st August 2015, 15:14   #12
BHPian

Hi, I am planning to buy a premium hatch around March or April, 2016 and Elite i20 is so far the top contender.

Can someone please tell me if a refreshed version of the car is in the pipeline? As in August 2016, the Elite i20 would be completing two years in the market and that is the time when manufacturers usually go for a mid life refresh.

So, would it be wise on my part to postpone the decision to buy the car by a few months?
Old 31st August 2015, 16:09   #13
BHPian

Although it's a good move by Hyundai to stay vis-à-vis with Honda Jazz VX, I feel Asta (O) should have been added with few more features such as 4 additional airbags like old gen Asta(O), DRLs, sunroof and Projector headlamps. That might have increased cost considerably. But IMHO the premium of 20K over Asta variant (Ex- showroom price) is not just justifiable for just Audio Video Navigation (AVN) infotainment system.
Old 31st August 2015, 16:51   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

Hyundai has given the Elite i20 and i20 Active an update. The cars are now equipped with an Audio Video Navigation (AVN) infotainment system, with a 7-inch touchscreen.
Thank you Aditya for sharing the news. A much needed and probably a vital update for Elite after the Jazz launch.

Considering the fact that this is the same(?) AVN touchscreen as seen on Creta, it is an amazing bit of kit.
The icing on the cake and probably the final straw will be Hyundai's fit and finish, which is way better than Honda and arguably on par with the Germans !!

With Touchscreens, Safety features, Powerful Engines, Gorgeous designs being the norm of new launches, its the best time to be a hatch hunter in India today.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 17:30   #15
Senior - BHPian

This upgrade was inevitable after the launch of Jazz (the direct competitor of Elite i20).

While we have a thread discussing convenience of touchscreens vis-a-vis buttons, we have one more launched.

For a change, a thread about developments in Hyundai is posted by someone else than RavenAvi.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks