Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2015, 17:43   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai launches Elite i20, i20 Active with AVN infotainment system

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
For a change, a thread about developments in Hyundai is posted by someone else than RavenAvi.
i20 Active Official Thread LINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangvins View Post
Is this same or similar to the AVN in Creta? Can we get this fit for lower variants of Creta as an after market fitment?
Nope.

The layout of this AVN unit is different than the HU space of the Creta. It is compatible with the dash layout of the Elite i20 & the i20 Active only.

Although, I am told that the functions and the software used in this AVN is similar to the one on the Creta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbhaari View Post
But IMHO the premium of 20K over Asta variant (Ex- showroom price) is not just justifiable for just Audio Video Navigation (AVN) infotainment system.
The multi-function AVN unit costs around 23,000/-, as per official Hyundai sources. So a premium of just 20,000/- over the Asta variants is actually commendable.

Although yes, compare the earlier-gen Asta(O) to this one, and an existing Asta(O) prospect will feel shortchanged, considering all the goodies he's missing.

But, considering the way the market has shifted in recent times, this upgrade should help the i20 twins to grab back their chunk (and leadership) of the B2-premium segment.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 31st August 2015 at 17:44.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2015, 19:50   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The layout of this AVN unit is different than the HU space of the Creta. It is compatible with the dash layout of the Elite i20 & the i20 Active only.

Although, I am told that the functions and the software used in this AVN is similar to the one on the Creta.
RavenAvi - any idea if Creta AVN be fitted to 2015 Elantra? Looks like Elantra is the only car missing this from Hyundai stable.

Why don't Hyundai list the accessories list and price on its website or have I become blind. I seriously want an OEM AVN unit fit to my Elantra. Any pointers will be of great help. With kids in car, difficult to manage routes on iPhone.
Old 31st August 2015, 20:27   #18
BHPian

Looking at the first picture, it seems the IRVM is the ECM unit in the Asta variant. However, we have debated this on the Elite i20 thread. Is Hyundai following the Honda of showing something different in online media & the car having something totally different on road?

23K for the AVN? Wow. That's too much for a touchscreen AVN I feel. However, kudos to Hyundai for staying in the competition & adapting to their rivals by pushing out enhanced products. It shows how "customer-centric" Hyundai is. Off topic, on the other hand, Honda with its Jazz launch provided so less for the asking price, even when they knew what i20 had to offer.
Old 1st September 2015, 12:20   #19
BHPian

Quote:
The multi-function AVN unit costs around 23,000/-, as per official Hyundai sources. So a premium of just 20,000/- over the Asta variants is actually commendable.
Thanks @RavenAvi. This is useful information. Where did you get this cost from? Is it listed somewhere officially? When i enquired with the dealer about changing to the 7" AVN unit for my Creta SX CRDI, he mentioned that it could cost approx about 50k although he wasn't sure. I asked him to check and get back which he hasn't till now. Could you suggest any other good after market AVN's for Creta?
Old 1st September 2015, 15:04   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveekKumar View Post
Looking at the first picture, it seems the IRVM is the ECM unit in the Asta variant. However, we have debated this on the Elite i20 thread.
Asta does come with ECM IRVM. I can confirm that as I own an Asta model.
Also it acts as a display for rear view camera when engaged in reverse gear.

For Asta (O), the Rear View Camera Display will be on AVN as per official website of Hyundai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveekKumar View Post
23K for the AVN? Wow. That's too much for a touchscreen AVN I feel.
I had also thought so but like RavenAvi said, 23K is commendable.

Today's newspaper has ad mentioning features of the AVN offered. And now that premium of 20-23K seems reasonable.
The AVN supports:
1) Screen dialing.
2) Multimedia playback
3) SOS Assistance (Maybe like EcoSport/Aspire SOS assist: Not sure though)
4) Obivious Navigation feature.
After market navigation devices having all these features would surely cost more than 20-23K.

It would be interesting to see the numbers for August sales for Elite i20 and Jazz. We could get an idea that how much Jazz launch has impacted i20 sales.
Also a month later September sales should give an idea that whether launch of Asta(O) with AVN helped Hyundai or not.
carbhaari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 19:07   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Verna and i20 to get touchscreen infotainment systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolveins View Post
RavenAvi - any idea if Creta AVN be fitted to 2015 Elantra?
Nope.

You can check with Pioneer & JVC compatible HUs, for a good Navigation-based unit for your car.

Quote:
Thanks @RavenAvi. This is useful information. Where did you get this cost from? Is it listed somewhere officially?
Got it from the dealer. Should be listed in the official accessories list for the i20 twins.

Quote:
When i enquired with the dealer about changing to the 7" AVN unit for my Creta SX CRDI, he mentioned that it could cost approx about 50k although he wasn't sure.
Nope. The AVN unit won't cost more than 30K, rest assured. Give me a day and I shall find out.

Quote:
Could you suggest any other good after market AVN's for Creta?
There are good options from Pioneer, JVC and Sony. I would suggest JVC, out of the 3.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 18:16   #22
BHPian

Quote:
You can check with Pioneer & JVC compatible HUs, for a good Navigation-based unit for your car.

There are good options from Pioneer, JVC and Sony. I would suggest JVC, out of the 3.
Can you recommend any specific HU? I looked at a few options online, but not sure about their quality and reviews.

Do you know if these after market AVN's might void warranty? Most people i checked with told me that going for an after market AVN might void warranty and that going for a dealer installed and hyundai branded AVN might be relatively safe.

Quote:
Nope. The AVN unit won't cost more than 30K, rest assured. Give me a day and I shall find out.
Were you able to get any information on the pricing? Please let me know. I just wanted to check this before going for some other AVN just to be safe from a warranty perspective. But if its going to cost me 50K, then i might go with some other option.
Old 11th September 2015, 11:14   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Apologies for the off-topic post, Team.

Quote:
Can you recommend any specific HU? I looked at a few options online, but not sure about their quality and reviews.
There are quite a few available. For instance, take a look at this Creta's central console, fitted with a Blaupunkt HU.

Hyundai Verna and i20 to get touchscreen infotainment systems-11993292_1080838241957075_4850175100346431575_n.jpg

But my recommendation would be a JVC unit.

Quote:
Do you know if these after market AVN's might void warranty? Most people i checked with told me that going for an after market AVN might void warranty and that going for a dealer installed and hyundai branded AVN might be relatively safe.
Best thing to do - get the HU of your choice and get it fitted at the dealership.

Quote:
Were you able to get any information on the pricing? Please let me know.
Nope, not yet.

Thanks for reminding me. Will get back to you via PM once I get the exact info later today.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 15:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Verna gets dual airbags as standard, and an AVN system

Hyundai's once feature-loaded sedan, the Verna, has begun looking dated and is falling short in terms of features to immediate competitors like the City and Ciaz. Its sales have seen a downward sloping trend and the car barely manages to sell ~1,200 units month after month (6 month average). Hyundai has now added a new 7" touchscreen audio video navigation (AVN) system to spice up the interiors.

This move comes in months after the Elite i20 and i20 Active were launched with a 7" AVN system. The infotainment system comes with pre-loaded maps, satellite-based voice guided navigation, pre-saved routes, a suggestive keyboard and a reverse camera display. It has Bluetooth connectivity for telephony and music streaming.

In addition, the Verna now comes with a new shark-fin radio antenna. Hyundai will also offer dual airbags as standard across all variants. Previously, lower variants came with only ABS as standard. The company will provide a 3 year / unlimited kilometre standard warranty on the car.

No other mechanical changes have been made.

Ex-showroom Delhi prices are as below:
Base: P - 761,875 | D - 884,876

S
MT: P - 876,875 | D - 996,875
AT: P - 962,876 | D - 1,082,876

SX
MT: P - 946,875 | D - 1,066,875
AT: P - 1,025,875 | D – N.A.

SX (O)
MT: P - 1,049,375 | D - 1,189,375
AT: P – N.A | D - 1,268,376
S2!!! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 16:00   #25
BHPian

The website still doesn't reflect the new AVN system, and the dual airbags as a standard.

Any idea if the 2015 models can be upgraded to the same new AVN system from Hyundai authorized service centres?
PearlJam is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 16:18   #26
BHPian

Yes the new Verna has been updated with dual airbags and ABS as standard for all variants . The variants have been shuffled. It now comes in base, s, sx and sx(o). Also like to add to s2's post. The petrol and diesel are now available in automatic even in the s variant. So it brings down the cost for automatic. The prices have been optimised. And the base model has the audio system deleted. The AVN is same as that of creta. S2 needs to be corrected the base comes with ABS and dual airbags as standard. The changes will be updated on the website.
shravan2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 16:26   #27
BHPian

Hello Pearljam, even I checked the website and found it to be painfully outdated. I suggest you visit Hyundai Showroom. Pretty confident that the AVN can be fitted in your 4S. And do post here about the details of your visit.
drive2eternity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 19:25   #28
BHPian

Still no automatic option in i20!!! I do not know what is preventing them from bringing this? Usually Hyundai marketing guys are very quick to be one-step ahead of the competition. And here all the relevant ones - Polo, Baleno, Figo and Jazz are already providing auto options.
Old 3rd February 2016, 08:44   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchjyoti View Post
Still no automatic option in i20!!! I do not know what is preventing them from bringing this? Usually Hyundai marketing guys are very quick to be one-step ahead of the competition. And here all the relevant ones - Polo, Baleno, Figo and Jazz are already providing auto options.
A good read for you !

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tic-india.html
Old 3rd February 2016, 09:36   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan2k2 View Post
And the base model has the audio system deleted. The AVN is same as that of creta.
Their website wasn't updated last evening when I checked. I see it has been updated now.

Quote:
S2 needs to be corrected the base comes with ABS and dual airbags as standard. The changes will be updated on the website.
Thanks for the correction. The 4S Verna always came with ABS as standard across all variants. Dual airbags (across all variants) have been introduced in this update.
S2!!! is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks