Team-BHP - Vehicle transferred to new state, registration number still of old state. Now what?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Vehicle transferred to new state, registration number still of old state. Now what? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/166551-vehicle-transferred-new-state-registration-number-still-old-state-now-what.html)

I have a query and need suggestion. Im negotiating a motorcycle which is of Maharashtra registration.
The seller claims that the motorcycle is registered under Telangana RTO but the number is same, i.e Maharastra number. He says after 45 days, a confirmation letter will come from Maharashtra RTO, then a TS number will be alloted. Since he has paid road tax of 14k for this bike in Telangana, he has a valid RC.
I have checked the Telangana RTO website and the registration looks like ok.
Is this a tenable case? Is is safe to buy this motorcycle?
Vehicle transferred to new state, registration number still of old state. Now what?-98809649_2_1000x700_hyosungaquilagooddealuploadphotos_rev001.jpg

Perfectly OK. The biker may be in process of getting a telangana number hence that 45 day. Getting the Telangana number is anyways optional. He would be doing only to get refund on prorata from MH.

My Padmini s1 is MH number. Transferred and paid road tax here, did not opt for KA number though

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkykar (Post 3765738)
Perfectly OK. The biker may be in process of getting a telangana number hence that 45 day. Getting the Telangana number is anyways optional. He would be doing only to get refund on prorata from MH.

My Padmini s1 is MH number. Transferred and paid road tax here, did not opt for KA number though

Sounds good. But should i wait until Telangana number is alloted and get the transfer into my name or i can do so immediatly with the same MH number?
Off Topic : With all the hue and cry of outstation cars being harassed in Karnataka..how is your MH Padmini spared?
Also, can experts in Hyderabad give their thoughts ?

If he has already applied for Telangana plates, am guessing he has submitted the RC. I think Telangana RTO verifies with MH and then issues Telangana plates. I am not 100% sure on this process. If RC still with him, you can get it transferred with same number.

Ensure you work out the deal in such a way that except for transfer fee seller bears all other costs related to MH and Telangana works.

There is no issues for legitimate vehicles in Bangalore(tax paid). My padmini, I paid the road tax as I intend to use it KA. Issue is only for those who have relocated but don't want to pay KA road tax.

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkykar (Post 3765754)
If he has already applied for Telangana plates, am guessing he has submitted the RC. I think Telangana RTO verifies with MH and then issues Telangana plates. I am not 100% sure on this process. If RC still with him, you can get it transferred with same number.

How does Telangana give him RC without the above said verification? Doesn't he need to get NOC from MH first before registering in Telangana?

I'd say ask for the NOC from MH and any acknowledgement from Telangana RTO stating the 45 days wait period. AFAIK, transfer process cannot be initiated without the RC.

Jaguar, Telangana would have transferred only with MH NOC and after paying Telangana road tax. This am 100% sure.

To issue a telangana number however, a verification is done with MH. That's my understanding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillram (Post 3765714)
He says after 45 days, a confirmation letter will come from Maharashtra RTO, then a TS number will be alloted. Since he has paid road tax of 14k for this bike in Telangana, he has a valid RC.

The Tax part you can verify with the receipt for the tax paid.

What does he mean by " then a TS number will be alloted " ?
The process is that the RTO in MH must provide a clearance certificate. After that, the owner (HE) will have to apply for new TS regn number. If you buy it, will you / can you apply for the change in number ? IMO, you can transfer it to your name only after the change in number - otherwise, you will have to transfer it at the RTO in MH.

Pls remember that the new documents will be sent to his address.

How sure are you that this document will reach you ?

Does not look very simple.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 3765936)
The Tax part you can verify with the receipt for the tax paid.

What does he mean by " then a TS number will be alloted " ?
The process is that the RTO in MH must provide a clearance certificate. After that, the owner (HE) will have to apply for new TS regn number. If you buy it, will you / can you apply for the change in number ? IMO, you can transfer it to your name only after the change in number - otherwise, you will have to transfer it at the RTO in MH.

From the RC image in first post, the bike is already transferred to Telangana with same registration number. This also means tax at Telangana is paid, else this transfer process couldn't have occurred. This also means, vehicle inspection is also already finished(check of engine number and chassis number) by Telangana RTO. Since RC is already transferred, its up to the owner whether or not he chooses Telangana plates.

In my earlier post, I said I think Telangana RTO will contact MH RTO before issuing Telangana plates. This may be incorrect. Thinking logically, I think the interstate RTO communication should happen only for refund process. I think MH RTO will ask for proof of re-registration. Since the documents issued by Telangana cannot be verified by MH by means of just looking at the document, as state to state this differs, they may actually contact the Telangana RTO for a confirmation. Upon confirmation, they will process the refund.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillram (Post 3765714)
Is this a tenable case? Is is safe to buy this motorcycle?
Attachment 1397059

Yes it is.

Our GJ registered i20 went through the same procedure when we shifted to Karnataka from Gujarat.

RC card received after paying the Karnataka Life Time Road Tax. With this RC and GJ number, it was OK to drive with GJ number for a year, after which a KA number had to applied for.
Vehicle transferred to new state, registration number still of old state. Now what?-rc1.jpg

However, since we had no intention of going back to GJ and to get Road Tax refund from RTO, Junagadh, Gujarat, we applied for KA registration number for the car. RC card received after applying for a new Registration Number( after submitting all necessary NOCs and documents)
Vehicle transferred to new state, registration number still of old state. Now what?-rc2.jpg

Its a different matter that even after an year of sending all documents to RTO Junagadh, road tax refund from RTO Junagadh has still not released by them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skanchan95 (Post 3765990)

RC card received after paying the Karnataka Life Time Road Tax. With this RC and GJ number, it was OK to drive with GJ number for a year, after which a KA number had to applied for.

Are you sure about this? I am of the opinion that applying for KA plates is totally optional.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skanchan95 (Post 3765990)
Yes it is.

Our GJ registered i20 went through the same procedure when we shifted to Karnataka from Gujarat.

Attachment 1397206

However, since we had no intention of going back to GJ and to get Road Tax refund from RTO, Junagadh, Gujarat, we applied for KA registration number for the car. RC card received after applying for a new Registration Number( after submitting all necessary NOCs and documents)
Attachment 1397207

Its a different matter that even after an year of sending all documents to RTO Junagadh, road tax refund from RTO Junagadh has still not released by them.

Can you please explain the process of how to get a KA RC & number? I have paid my Kar Tax for my vehicle but I am carrying around my registration from my home state.

Even, I have two 2-wheelers with me having MH number and duly registered in KR Puram RTO of Bangalore, Karnataka. Ideally, KA number should be applied within one year but out of laziness :eek:, I did not go RTO again for application. Soon, I will find time to go there and take KA numbers for my bikes.

For car, which I sold already did same process of transfer & received KA number in 3 months. So, above registration & case is perfectly valid and you can go ahead with transaction for the MH registered bike.

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkykar (Post 3766067)
Are you sure about this? I am of the opinion that applying for KA plates is totally optional.

As per the Karnataka RTO website(FAQ section) and as told to us by the Agent through whom who got the Karnataka Road Tax payment and Registration Number change done :

The vehicles migrating from other States are required to obtain re-registration mark of Karnataka State within 12 months from the date of arrival into Karnataka State.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adhiraj (Post 3766112)
Can you please explain the process of how to get a KA RC & number? I have paid my Kar Tax for my vehicle but I am carrying around my registration from my home state.

My advice is you get this done through a reliable RTO agent. It is easy for them to follow it up with the RTO.

For the ease of explanation, let me assume,
"A" as the State of Original Registration
"B" as the State of Re-registration after paying Life time tax of that State

It is known that to pay the Road tax of State B(without Registration number change), you don't any major documents (except Address proof & owner's photographs). You pay Road Tax amount through DD/cheque and you will get a receipt for it.

To get State B's registration number you need to submit the following documents to your local RTO of State B. The process actually starts at RTO of State A.

1) Form 28
To get Form 28 NOC from Registering RTO(RRTO) of State A :
In the application form, you declare that you have migrated to State B and that you have paid life time Road tax of that state.
Vehicle transferred to new state, registration number still of old state. Now what?-scan.jpg
Vehicle transferred to new state, registration number still of old state. Now what?-scan2.jpg

You also need to submit to RRTO of State A an NOC from the police station of the area in which you lived(State A), as shown below
Vehicle transferred to new state, registration number still of old state. Now what?-scan3.jpg
It is in Gujarati,signed adn stamped by the Police Inspector, Veraval Town and submitted to RTO, Junagadh, Gujarat. Not very professional, but it did the job. The PI basically endorses that car owned by ABC, (Registration number) living at XYZ address , was not involved in any illegal activities and there are no police cases registered against the car.

"Part III", when filled and signed by the RTO of State A, is the actual NOC.

2. Application form CMV 27(State B, I think).

3. Registration certificate (original) of State A & B

4. Life Time Tax paid receipt of State B

5. Car Insurance certificate.

6. Consent of the Financier( if under loan).

7. Pollution Under Control Certificate (State B).

One you submit the documents, along with fees for the new Regn No/RC card, the same will be sent to RTO of State A for verification by RTO of State B. If all goes well and details are verified , you will be told to bring your car for RTO inspection at a later date. The Inspector will physically check all the details of the car , including chassis number.

That's it. Within 3 months, the new RC card with the new registration number will come to you. You can then apply for road tax refund of State A (another big headache)

Today i made a visit to 2 RTAs - Mehdipatnam and Trimulgherry to check the authenticity of the aforesaid case of MH registraiton in Telangana.
I got a bonafide reply that this transfer was valid and there are no anomalies involved.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skanchan95 (Post 3766261)
As per the Karnataka RTO website(FAQ section) and as told to us by the Agent through whom who got the Karnataka Road Tax payment and Registration Number change done :

The vehicles migrating from other States are required to obtain re-registration mark of Karnataka State within 12 months from the date of arrival into Karnataka State.......

Thanks skanchan for your help, one query from my side though; did you have to take any form (ACRV/ or some similar sounding form ) to the police commisioners office and get the clearance ? I called my RTO today and they said that once I submit all the documents which you mentioned in the RTO, they will be issueing the aforesaid form to me for police clearance which will be issued by Commisioners office. Post this stage they will call me for a physical inspection of my vehicle.