Team-BHP - Tata introduces facelifted Indigo
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata introduces facelifted Indigo (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/16734-tata-introduces-facelifted-indigo.html)

tata has introduced the face lifted versions of both indigo and marina . follow this link on tata website

Dual chamber headlamps!?
No news on engine specs. Looks like a body upgrade before the DICORizing. Indigo website is same old stuff

The company also announced a new V series on the existing Indigo family in the price range of Rs. 3.99 – 4.84 lakhs.

What the heck is V series?

No update yet on this link. No engine upgrades in site either.

"The Indigo sedan range comes with premium features such as the new dual chamber headlamps, new chrome lined fascia, dual tone ORVMs, sill valence covers and chrome insert rub rails, all of which lend a sporty characteristic to the understated elegance of the vehicle. The interiors come in soft beige tones, with a new cockpit and a 3 spoke, sporty steering wheel. The Indigo sedan sports a new rear look with a chiselled body hugging bumper, longer clear lens tail lamps and a new registration plate garnish.

The new Indigo Marina range also comes with new monochrome full length tail lamps and a new bumper. Two new luxury trims along the lines of the successful SX series of the Indigo sedan have been added to the Indigo Marina range with premium features like beige leather seats, video player with MP3 music system: with two headrest mounted screens, drivers’ seat height adjustment and classy alloy wheels."

quoted frm tht link

It should be teh 90bhp Dicor engined Indigo. Seems Tata is good with keeping secrets,not even a spy pic:(

Whats with Tata and stealth launches. No press ads, nothing in media, and suddenly the bomb.
As for DICOR, if it was DICOR, they would have mentioned "new improved engine" atleast. But you never know.

tata has become really proactive in the industry.i wonder what the cars look like.does anybody have pics.

Let's all hope that this car has a DICOR engine. This press release sounds like a facelift more than anything else and would definitely be disappointing.

Tata Motors has even managed to maintain secrecy after they launched the product(s). Great!

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE-U-
Let's all hope that this car has a DICOR engine. This press release sounds like a facelift more than anything else and would definitely be disappointing.

I met a sales guy at vst motors in chennai, he told me that dicor launch would happen around the end of the year.

Hai guys,

One of my colleagues had booked a Safari DICOR on Saturday.I had accompanied him during the process.We had gone to the yard opp TATA motors,where the cars are linedup before being loaded on trucks to their destination.We had gone there to decide the color for his Safari.

I had seen the new Indigo there.They had cosmetic changes.To me,they looked real bad.The steering wheel looked in the shape of big "T".If TATA thought they could spiceup Indigo sales before the launch of the DICOR engine,by using this cosmetic changes,I think they have made a mistake big time.

Oh,before I forgot,there is also a new color introduced now for Indigo.The bright orange tone(Aveo and Fiesta come in that color).It looks sooooo bad

@ jraj; did you check teh badging?

HOT! I cant wait for the pictures and engine specs of the common rail.

Just the fact that Tata has introduced a taxi basic version shows that the current IDI engine is retained.

looks pretty good.hope they give their indica a face lift again....maybe a more sporty one this time round.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
HOT! I cant wait for the pictures and engine specs of the common rail.

Hold on. Its not common rail as yet. Need to wait for some more time.