Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2015, 17:59   #1
Team-BHP Support

Honda launches Amaze and Mobilio Celebration Edition

Honda has launched a new variant of the Amaze compact sedan and Mobilio MPV for the upcoming festive season. Called the Celebration Edition, it sees the two cars get some cosmetic enhancements and additional equipment. It is available across all trim levels.

Honda launches Amaze and Mobilio Celebration Edition-5.jpg

The Amaze and Mobilio Celebration Edition are available in only two shades of white - Taffeta White and Orchid White Pearl. Both cars get body graphics and "Celebration Edition" emblems.

On the inside, both cars get steering wheel covers, floor mats, seat covers and cushions.

Honda launches Amaze and Mobilio Celebration Edition-3.jpg

Honda is charging Rs. 12,746 and Rs. 16,820 for the Celebration Edition kits for Amaze and Mobilio respectively. Customers will have to pay additional charges for fitting.

The Celebration Edition cars are powered by the same petrol and diesel engines as the regular Amaze and Mobilio.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th September 2015 at 18:00.
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 18:06   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda launches Amaze and Mobilio Celebration Edition

Nothing great in celebration edition. Already both cars are not selling well in market and they want customers to pay some more for not so good stuff. Both cars are clearly struggling in the market, Mobilio the most. Against Ertiga, Mobilio is hardly selling in comparison & numbers are going down every month. Just yesterday i saw ad in newspaper mentioning upto 150,000 discounts on Mobilio. Clearly high pricing and bad interiors costing Honda. Amaze is doing okay but not great. Instead of giving celebration edition, give some really handy discounts on both cars, it will get some more customers.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 18:14   #3
BHPian

Honda trying a Maruti. Adding stickers to chop shop models and extort more money. Its a celebration of what? Failure!
AJITHAAA is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 18:16   #4
BHPian

Honda have lost it completely. First of all the sales of Amaze and Mobilio in particular have been really scraping the bottom. They might be thinking that with addition of some after market accessories (as these floor mats, seat covers, steering wheel cover are not an integral part of the vehicle and can be procured in after market accessory shops) and decals will help them improve the situation. Now asking for ~15-17k for these basic additions I think is atrocious. Considering the market situation where other manufacturers are offering special/improved editions (Duster, Rapid and recently Ciaz with improved mileage) at the same or lower prices, Honda are day dreaming here. They don't seem to have learnt. But one thing they have been consistent in the recent past is that they have overpriced all products compared to competition.
Old 4th September 2015, 18:49   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
Honda have lost it completely. First of all the sales of Amaze and Mobilio in particular have been really scraping the bottom. They might be thinking that with addition of some after market accessories (as these floor mats, seat covers, steering wheel cover are not an integral part of the vehicle and can be procured in after market accessory shops) and decals will help them improve the situation. Now asking for ~15-17k for these basic additions I think is atrocious. Considering the market situation where other manufacturers are offering special/improved editions (Duster, Rapid and recently Ciaz with improved mileage) at the same or lower prices, Honda are day dreaming here. They don't seem to have learnt. But one thing they have been consistent in the recent past is that they have overpriced all products compared to competition.
I kind of disagree with you on the overpricing aspect of the Amaze. i remember when the Amaze was launched, they had priced each and every variant at par with the Dzire which is the segment benchmark. I am not sure what the price diffrence is today though there should be decent discounts available on all the variants.
The Mobilio was priced higher as compared to the competition and hence did not take off. The Mobilio still has the 1.5 l petrol which does duty on the City and is probably the benchmark petrol engine in that segment. I doubt if the Mobilio as a product will ever take off.
Overpricing products was much more prevalent with the 3rd Gen City and the then Jazz, which were price way more as compared to the competition. The 4th Gen city is where they are making all their money these days.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 19:04   #6
BHPian

Seems Legit doesn't it? Wake the heck up, Honda!

Honda launches Amaze and Mobilio Celebration Edition-hehe.jpg
sourav9385 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 19:30   #7
BANNED

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 5th September 2015 at 14:25.
Amarkarthi is offline   Received Infraction
Old 4th September 2015, 20:17   #8
BHPian

Looks like some top guy from Maruti has joined Honda and started using the typical MSIL strategy - add stickers, seat covers, steering wheel cover etc and advertise it as celebration edition !!

Nevertheless, Honda is digging their own grave with these poor marketing strategies.
vijjuvk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 20:17   #9
BHPian

Honda is definitely going to face a lot of heat in the coming months across all segments, even the City will get stiffer challenge from Ciaz. I still cannot believe they launched a limited edition with those simple necessities. If they changed the dash and improved the sound insulation, Honda would have had a field day. It would be interesting to see the Amaze numbers in the coming months, they are already giving offers like 1 rupee insurance and other discounts totalling to 40000 I suppose. This will help maintain the sales for the next couple of months
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2015, 21:03   #10
Senior - BHPian

Mobilio is already dead. The only thing that can rejuvenate sales is the BRV Dashboard and features at the same price tag.
Old 5th September 2015, 10:34   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
I am not sure what the price diffrence is today though there should be decent discounts available on all the variants.
The current ex-showroom price of top end diesel DZire is inr 790744 vs Top end Amaze inr 825100 as per website. Probably this is not a big difference considering the discounts they might run.

Quote:
The Mobilio was priced higher as compared to the competition and hence did not take off.

I meant more particularly about Mobilio's pricing
Old 5th September 2015, 12:38   #12
BHPian

Seems like more and more manufacturers are following the daddy of the market- Maruti. Honda has definitely Indianized their operations in India. First the quality degradation and now the celebration stickers.
Carpainter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 14:32   #13
MSC
BHPian

Typical Maruti stuff by Honda. Just plastering stickers and decals, fixing (or rather placing) mats in car and asking 12 odd thousand to 16 odd thousands? Ridiculous.
Mobilio has been a dud for Honda and its better Honda accepts it. Its better to use assembly line for more better selling versions rather than stocking inventory.

Last edited by MSC : 5th September 2015 at 14:34.
Old 6th September 2015, 19:13   #14
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I think that all these manufacturers would do well to stop concentrating on the merely cosmetic and start giving the consumer much more substance and quality.

One thing Im not able to fathom is why do most of these vehicles come with only Driver's side Height Adjustable Seats?

Is it that they believe that all those who are going to drive the vehicle are closer to Lilliputians but at the same time all the possible Passengers who might use the front passenger seat are automatically closer to Brobdingnagians?
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 20:29   #15
BANNED

Haha, that shows that none are selling well at all.

I am curious about the TV advert by Honda saying that "Every 7 minutes a family in India buys an Amaze."

What happened to that?! And I see no fire made by it in the sales charts!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks