Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2022, 15:22   #31

Re: What happens after you book a car?

I have booked a red virtus gt from a bu bhandari pune showroom on 1st Dec 2022. The SA made the car available in 17 days flat despite the 2 month waiting. After doing a quick PDI, the roi for car loan came out to be 8.9% which was on a higher side for my budget. Hence I told him that I am thinking of postponing the car buying time-line. However he started cribbing that I allocated the car for you specially and made other customers cancel their booking and now if you cancel, I'll have to pay a penalty. For a car which has 2 months waiting time, can this be for real or this is just a marketing tactic to lure me in? Need your thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance.
Old 19th December 2022, 23:50   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreep View Post
For a car which has 2 months waiting time, can this be for real or this is just a marketing tactic to lure me in? Need your thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance.
First of All congratulations on your choice , now coming back to your query , in my opinion and from what I have experienced this has mainly to do with Month we are in i.e. Dec.

It's year end, as well as a quarter end. Almost all OEMs have high sales incentive schemes in this time for dealers & sales consultant on achieving the month, quarter and year end targets. This is to ensure maximum stock clearance within the same calendar year of manufacturing to avoid heavy discounting in next year for a previous model year vehicle.

Now in your case it is possible that the choice of variant color combination you selected was already under allocation to that Sales Zone / Region / Dealer during initial target setting by the sales guy at VW. And bingo, post your booking the SC placed a full money order to OEM for confirming the dispatch to him.

Now if you don't want the delivery of the car it is likely that the dealer/consultant may miss on his incentive which he might be referring to as a penalty. So if you want, you may leverage this and negotiate for a discount etc or the SC may find another customer who is ready to buy . At the end of the day he is there to sell cars, and it's his job to tell all customers that "Sir, this is only for you, I pulled some strings and made you jump the queue ".

Regarding waiting period of 8 weeks , it's usually a calculation on booking/sales trend of past few months over the upcoming production plan at national level but real situation differs owing to various zonal/regional/dealer individual targets.

I hope this answers your query.
Motorhead23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 11:17   #33

Thanks for the great clarification! But on a positive side, I'm thiking of going ahead with the car as VW has already announced a price hike in Jan 23 and I think this IS the right time to buy it since it's already before my eyes!
Shreep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 21:50   #34
BHPian

Hi All, Two queries.
1. After the car is dispatched from the factory, when will the dealer pay the manufacturer. Will it be right away or after the actual customer pays?
2. Lets say the customer delays the transaction. In that case, how long will the dealer wait before allotting to someone else?. And if the previous customer still wishes to buy, should he place a new order?
Old 19th September 2023, 10:18   #35
BHPian

My friend got an allocation message from Hyundai dealer mentioning 2 allocations of the same VIN, one in August by Hyundai and another by dealer in September He booked the car on 1st September. What is the first allocation by Hyundai? Is it the date of manufacture?

How can Hyundai allocate the VIN ain August if the car was booked in September?
Old 19th September 2023, 12:02   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Hi All, Two queries.
2. Lets say the customer delays the transaction. In that case, how long will the dealer wait before allotting to someone else?. And if the previous customer still wishes to buy, should he place a new order?
This was posted some months back and the OP may have already got the answer. Still for future readers I can tell the Hyundai process that has been told to me. You have to pay some amount, depending on your negotiating skills (usually up to 1 lakh) within 5 days of the car allocation. Otherwise they will allocate the car to the next buyer. Once you pay and the car comes to the stockyard, you can do the PDI and pay the remaining amount to start the RTO process.

Of course this depends on the car that you are buying, the company and the demand. For Skoda they refused to start the process without full payment. For Honda Amaze the cars (all the colours) were already in the yard for most dealerships and they were willing to take the full money after PDI, but on the same day of PDI, once the booking amount was paid.

To answer the second part, no you do not have to place a fresh order unless you cancel the order. If you delay the payment, the next available car, whenever it comes will be allotted to you, provided there was someone waiting to take the earlier car that came.
Old 19th September 2023, 12:55   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya.kp View Post
Hi All, Two queries.
1. After the car is dispatched from the factory, when will the dealer pay the manufacturer. Will it be right away or after the actual customer pays?
1. Dealer pays the OEM the before the dispatch from the factory. Several times dealers have to wait to form a truck load (7-8 cars) from the same factory before the cars are dispatched. However, the dealer will have to pay the day the car is invoiced from the factory, not the the date of dispatch. For manufacturers with multiple plants in different cities, this can become quite a hassle.
2. If the customer delays and there is another customer for the same variant/colour, the dealer will simply allocate to the next customer. If they don't have any such bookings, the SAs have been trained to push the VIN to to the next customer under the guise of "I can specially arrange this car for you by jumping the queue".
Old 30th November 2023, 23:10   #38

P.S. I am new to this forum so apologies in advance if there is any issue with the post or if it is placed in the wrong forum.

I had booked Venue Turbo on 12th November and the SA gave me the verbal commitment of delivering the car by November-end. He, however, mentioned that we have to give standard delivery waiting time of 1 month and hence mentioned that time on the Booking receipt and the booklet.

When I checked with him on 30th November about the VIN, he told that the standard waiting time for Turbo is 2-3 months and hence it cannot be delivered in 1 month. Upon asking further he informed that he is yet to place an order with Hyundai for my booking as they place orders after every 20 days or so.

As this being my first car booking, I am not sure about the entire booking-to-delivery process.
I understand that when they say 1 month as waiting period that could mean 1 to 1.5 months but here now I am being informed that it will be around 2-3 months.

Can anyone please guide me whether I should wait for few more days or cancel my booking with the dealer as I am losing trust on the SA (feeling betrayed as he had lied about the standard waiting period) and check with another dealer in my city.
mohitklearner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks