Team-BHP - BMW X1 M Sport launched in India at Rs. 37.9 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   BMW X1 M Sport launched in India at Rs. 37.9 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/168732-bmw-x1-m-sport-launched-india-rs-37-9-lakh.html)

BMW has launched the X1 M Sport in India at a price of Rs. 37.9 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai).

BMW X1 M Sport launched in India at Rs. 37.9 lakh-bmw1.jpg

The sDrive20d X1 M Sport is the only variant of the X1 on sale in the country at the moment. It gets an M Sport package, which features an M leather multifunction steering wheel, kidney grille bars finished in gloss black, M door sills, chrome tail pipe and an instrument panel with contrast stitching. The car rides on 18-inch M alloy wheels.

BMW X1 M Sport launched in India at Rs. 37.9 lakh-bmw2.jpg

The crossover is equipped with bi-xenon headlamps with LED daytime running lights, rain sensor and automatic driving lights, roof rails air-conditioning ambient lighting and sports seats at the front with memory function. Other features include airbags, ABS, brake assist, cornering brake control, stability control, traction control and run flat tyres.

BMW X1 M Sport launched in India at Rs. 37.9 lakh-bmw3.jpg

The X1 M Sport is powered by a 1,995cc, 4-cylinder TwinPower turbo diesel engine that puts out 181 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 380 Nm of torque @ 1,750-2,750 rpm. The car has an 8-speed Steptronic automatic transmission and rear-wheel drive.

BMW X1 M Sport launched in India at Rs. 37.9 lakh-bmw4.jpg

For a moment i thought if BMW have priced their X1 at 37.9L it would definitely be having that big 3L engine (World debut) in it considering its in M-Sport trim lol:

X1 at that price is surely a sore deal even if its having a M-Sport tag.

Also note the all new X1 will be launched next year anyway.

Seems BMW is serious about recovering their lost market position by bringing in the new X1 in M sport guise.

This is good because, pardon my language, they cannot afford to half-ass their way with our market, especially considering how they've been outclassed in every popular segment.

Yes this is the last of the outgoing models before the new X1 launches next year.

When the 'normal' X1 doesn't sell at lower prices, what chance does this one have at 37.xx Lakhs? The current X1 is a flop and buyer's are not so naive that a M badge is going to make them overlook the shortcomings of the car.

I think BMW is just trying to inject some life into the X1 till the new one comes in but honestly it would be better if they withdrew this model altogether and launched the new one after a few months because the new one seems like having a better shot at the box office here.

The best part is, that this car doesn't have idrive!!

And at that price, I don't think even a single one will sell.

BMW needs to realize that launching overpriced cars now will not help their brand image, when they are already in last place in terms of sales.

This is BMW's version of the sticker jobs that maruti called all new, the X1 doesn't have takers at discounted prices and this one is possibly the worst option in the price range. The new one will have better space, looks and an all new platform, this one should have been aa stripped down corporate edition launch, it would have cleared all the unsold stock.

I had seen this M sport X1 when i had gone to book my 3 series and was shocked to see that there was no i drive and there were manual controls for the air conditioner. The dash though was looking nice with leather stitched on it.

I confirmed with sales guy and he said that this new M sport X1 comes without an iDrive at 38 lacs :Frustrati, how stupid can BMW be.

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

BMW has seriously lost its marbles. Have they gone mad? Such variants just go to show how much the company is out of touch with reality, and why it's now in a distant 3rd in the Indian market (they were No. 1 not so far back). In a market that has grown, their sales have fallen to merely 6,500 units / year.

This would go to 44 lakhs on the road. For that money, I get an outdated product, poor interior quality, cramped rear seat and a 4-cylinder diesel.

The best punishment for such a dimwitted launch would be to force all BMW senior managers to buy an X1 M-Sport at this price with their own money. Now, THAT will be a sight to behold rl: rl:.

This just seems as a desperate launch. With Mercedes and Audi launching new models and variants every month, BMW has nothing to showcase. Hence they come up with such stupid launches. Their only big launch this year would be the new 7 it seems.

A good loaded CRV + a Kwid (with mods) would be a better choice than an estate looking X1 at 38 lakhs!
BMW has gone nuts.
With on road price of 45 lakhs or more why wouldn't I be looking at an X3 by then and stick on some ///M badges?

They will probably end up giving RS. 10 lakh discounts to move the inventory before the new X1 is launched. Btw, when is that coming?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3814669)
BMW has seriously lost its marbles. Have they gone mad? Such variants just go to show how much the company is out of touch with reality, and why it's now in a distant 3rd in the Indian market (they were No. 1 not so far back). In a market that has grown, their sales have fallen to merely 6,500 units / year.

This would go to 44 lakhs on the road. For that money, I get an outdated product, poor interior quality, cramped rear seat and a 4-cylinder diesel.

The best punishment for such a dimwitted launch would be to force all BMW senior managers to buy an X1 M-Sport at this price with their own money. Now, THAT will be a sight to behold rl: rl:.

Exactly the same way I felt when I saw the pricing for the 1 Series facelift. They completely had messed up the pricing of the 1 series which lead to horrid sales (Its rarer than a Bentley here in Delhi :D ).

I don't understand why this makes me angry, I have a big soft corner for BMW in my heart and I keep seeing them making one bad decision after another in terms of product launches and pricing. And instead of focusing on enthusiasts and lovers they seem to keep trying to woo customers with fashion shows and what not. The interaction with their brand on social media, in dealerships and even their financial services arm has been worse than Skoda for me personally. I foresee them sliding down even further in the coming months. They have some of the most amazing products in many categories but completely fail to market or price them properly (I'm talking about BMW Motorrad as-well here).

Please BMW India, get off your high horse before its too late.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO View Post
BMW has seriously lost its marbles. Have they gone mad? Such variants just go to show how much the company is out of touch with reality,
Imagine my excitement when i saw the thread subject that said M variant and was searching big time for the M like specs only to find this is probably another gimicky update and so it is.

X1 was supposedly affordable BMW. If they are pushing affordability to 44L they are absolutely insane.

And they have a manufacturing plant in India. BMW will probably sell it as corporate deals to CXO's.

For 44L there is so many options in India that are better than X1