Team-BHP - Toyota launches updated Land Cruiser 200 at 1.29 crore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Toyota launches updated Land Cruiser 200 at 1.29 crore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/169752-toyota-launches-updated-land-cruiser-200-1-29-crore.html)

Toyota Kirloskar Motors has launched the facelifted 8th generation Land Cruiser LC200 at a price of 1.29 cr ex showroom Delhi.

Toyota launches updated Land Cruiser 200 at 1.29 crore-lcbanner_tcm3493737.jpg

Toyota launches updated Land Cruiser 200 at 1.29 crore-4_tcm3493777.jpg

Here's a link to the article:http://m.ibtimes.co.in/toyota-launch...x-delhi-652653

Toyota India - Land Cruiser 200

Why do toyota overprice their cars like this? Earlier the prado was 40 to 45 lakhs, now its priced near 1 crore. The landcruiser was 1 crore about 3 years back and now its 1.54 crore (OTR Trivandrum ). I think their plan is to slowly push the fortuner to the space left by prado and that shows in its pricing. The top end Fortuner with all the goodies and automatic now retails for 34 lakhs (OTR Trivandrum ). I doubt, like this new landcruiser the next gen fortuner will also be priced up by a considerable margin.

Actually considering our CBU taxes, which is 125 percent plus 30 percent duty plus various other taxes, prices are quite believable.
But, at the price point, id prefer the lexus than the toyota.. The interiors are much more plush as compared, with a minimal price difference internationally

A barebones Fortuner costs 27.3L ex showroom Bangalore. Many modern compact hatchbacks can boast of more features and a better interior quality feel.

So the exorbitant pricing of the LandCruiser doesn't come as a big surprise. Even the outgoing version was very expensive.

But are they managing to sell it still?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AB@TVMBHP (Post 3837865)
Why do toyota overprice their cars like this? .

Because their cars sell at whatever exhorbitant price tag they sell.
Their every product is way more than it's worth except etios twins which are alone worthy of their price.
The prado sat in the LC's position even last year. Two years ahead,fortuner will occupy prado' place and innova in fortuners territory. That gives place for the new D1 vios and D2 Corolla powered by 1.4 GD engine (sarcasm).
But with the kind of government and people we have here,I would follow the same strategy if I were to be the decision maker at TKM,INDIA,because, at the end their concern is quarterly profits and not our financial troubles or status.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SYSTEMIZED (Post 3837818)
Even last Gen Landcruiser was expensive in India as compared to the prices in other countries. I wish they would have priced it wisely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra (Post 3837791)
1.3 crores?
Holly Cow!! Wasn't this like a 40-45 lakh car a few years back?

1.29 crores will get you a nice Porsche cayenne with decent specs or probably a G55 AMG.

The current generation Land Cruiser, ie, the 200 Series is the only full size Land Cruiser to be officially sold by Toyota in India. The smaller Prado constitutes a separate model line.

Even at its launch in 2008, the LC200 was priced near 80L. Before Toyota launched the V8 Diesel here, unofficial imports started coming in and some examples went at 90 lakhs even, that too for the petrol V8 variant.

Sharing your view, Toyota is ruining this product with such exorbitant pricing. Equally big and imposing as the LC200, the Mercedes GL350CDI and the Audi Q7 sells below 85L ex- showroom. The TLC200 may be more capable than either of these two, but I don't think many people would be willing to pay 50 lakh premium for this car.

BTW the Mercedes G Class AMG goes at 180 lakhs + ex- showroom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 3837882)

But are they managing to sell it still?

Fun Fact:
Toyota has managed to sell more units of the Landcruiser than Renault has managed to sell the Koleos for some months of the financial year 2015-2016, in fact it outran even the Pajero Sports and Rexton sales once I guess.
:uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra (Post 3837791)
1.3 crores? :eek:
Holly Cow!! Wasn't this like a 40-45 lakh car a few years back?

1.29 crores will get you a nice Porsche cayenne with decent specs or probably a G55 AMG.

Rachit

I think the X5M & X6M sell for around the same prices as the LC. Considering that no one is going to go use LC's legendary off roading abilities, the X5M & X6M make better choices.

X5M is 1.5Cr and X6M is 1.6Cr ex showroom. Toyota fanatics will still buy the LC even with this exorbitant pricing.

Toyota's pricing defies logic. 1.5 crores :Frustrati:Frustrati. This 200 series is now 8+ years old and feels so outdated. While I'm a big Land Cruiser fan, it only makes sense under a crore. This is ridiculous pricing. No wonder that Land Cruiser sales are down worldwide, including its biggest market - the USA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3717513)
The 200 Series is a failure. Its sales in the USA have dropped 90% compared to the 100 Series (source). In Europe as well, the 200 Series is a shadow of the 100...sales have been in a free fall ever since it was introduced (source).

The 200 Series is too fat, too expensive and too bland for changing market tastes. Additionally, competition in the premium SUV segment has intensified (from, but not limited to, the 3 German luxury marques). The Audi Q7, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes GL, BMW X5 and gang are relatively new product lines. From the JLR stable, the cheaper Range Rover Sport turned out to be a big success.

Good god that is atrocious pricing! Here down under the VX model is a $100,000, around 47 lakhs in India rupees and that is with the so called luxury tax. Toyota has gone nuts.

Exorbitant pricing or not, i am one big admirer of LC. This is how an SUV should look boxy, mighty and imposing. Imagine a black LC (with black window tints) going down the road, that 4 litre V8 engine powering it, pure gangster material. That said, looking at the design language of future toyotas - fortuner, innova etc, i believe, this would be the last boxy and butch LC we would be seeing. I am afraid that the next gen LC, whenever it comes, would have all those crazy cuts, edges, creases and all kinds of angular shaped head and tail lights like how it was with the next gen fortuner. However contemporary or edgy it might turn out to be, i would prefer the existing (or old gen would be much better) boxy or outdated shape.

Toyota should bring Lexus in India! I feel Lexus cars ooze comfort and quality. Sat in an LX570 a couple of years back and it looked a lot better inside and out than the LC (it has to, 570s are a lot more expensive). If the LX570 were 1.2-1.3 OTR then it would be raining money for Toyota and Lexus! I also feel that the RCF would do decent here as well. It certainly looks very different and catchy and it has a V8 growl.

Is Mitsubishi considering getting the new Montero/Pajero to India?

1.29 Crores for a Toyota ? Sure it's a go anywhere vehicle but at that price i don't think anyone would want to take it offroad. Won't one get a Land Rover at this kind of money which probably projects a better image than a Toyota. If this was a Lexus the price could have been justified a bit but 1.29 crores is too much to pay for a non luxury brand.

Ah good to see that they sell enough in India to bring in the updated models every year.

This is on one for the dream garage.

The higher price compared to the BMW Audi etc makes sense if you hold on to a LC for a decade compared to 4-5 years for ze Germans.

Plus the headache free ultra reliable experience of owning one of these!